ASUS Prime x570-p good enough for 5950x?

jtx

Hi guys, just managed to grab a 5950x and was wondering if my motherboard is good enough for it? I have a ASUS Prime x570-p! So far what I’ve read online is that indeed it’s good enough but wanted to know your thoughts as well. Thanks in advance! 

Yes, the board can handle the 5950X without any issues, though do make sure that the board's BIOS is updated to support Zen 3 CPU's. 

If you have an older CPU that the board support, you can just update the BIOS to version 3001 and later. 

If you don't, you can ask a computer store to update it for you, as the board lacks BIOS flashback functionality so you can't update the BIOS without a supported CPU being installed.

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

8 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

yeah should be good. make sure to update to a compatible bios

Thank you!

6 minutes ago, Haro said:

Yes, the board can handle the 5950X without any issues, though do make sure that the board's BIOS is updated to support Zen 3 CPU's. 

If you have an older CPU that the board support, you can just update the BIOS to version 3001 and later. 

If you don't, you can ask a computer store to update it for you, as the board lacks BIOS flashback functionality so you can't update the BIOS without a supported CPU being installed.

Thank you! I still have my 3900XT installed so I will update BIOS today when I get home! Any good tutorials for PBO?

1 minute ago, jtx said:

Thank you! I still have my 3900XT installed so I will update BIOS today when I get home! Any good tutorials for PBO?

just use clocktuner for ryzen to squeeze out the max performance