Is a 3.5in hard drive bay the same as a 3.5in floppy bay?

1stMidnight
2 minutes ago, 1stMidnight said:

I have an o11, with those 2 rear hotswap bays. I’m only going to use SSDs, so I was wondering if I could mount something like this https://www.newegg.com/p/0J2-00G2-00019?Description=usb hub 3.5 bay&cm_re=usb_hub 3.5 bay-_-9SIACJF6J85056-_-Product to them.

No has absolutely nothing in common. Also what you have linked is for a 5.25 inch front bay. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

12 minutes ago, Analog said:

No has absolutely nothing in common. Also what you have linked is for a 5.25 inch front bay. 

Read the product description, it is for a 3.5 inch bay. I’m also more worried about form factor, and if I could fit this in one of the bays, not if they are the same.

13 minutes ago, 1stMidnight said:

Read the product description, it is for a 3.5 inch bay. I’m also more worried about form factor, and if I could fit this in one of the bays, not if they are the same.

Like, I said, even if it is 3.5 inch bay it's a different standard from a 3.5 inch HDD. You will not be able to fit it in properly. Like it was suggested already you will need to make a custom bracket and probably also a shroud. If you need more USB ports, you can always install an internal PCIe adapter

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

3 minutes ago, Analog said:

Like, I said, even if it is 3.5 inch bay it's a different standard from a 3.5 inch HDD. You will not be able to fit it in properly. Like it was suggested already you will need to make a custom bracket and probably also a shroud. If you need more USB ports, you can always install an internal PCIe adapter

Yeah, that’s what I’m going to have to end up doing. Thanks for the advice!

-> Moved to Storage Devices

3.5" HDD is same size, or rather fits same slot, as 3.5" floppy. Done that in previous case. But if you are looking for 3.5" hotswap bay, you will need to mount it to 5.25" ODD bay. Otherwise there's no room for the mechanism to work. Again, have that in my current case. With broken DVD drive.

Though if you are planning to hotswap SSDs, they are 2.5" for SATA drives. Unless you are looking to do something very specific, I would recommend getting external dock or USB enclosure (which is also something I have for old SSD).

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

7 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

-> Moved to Storage Devices

3.5" HDD is same size, or rather fits same slot, as 3.5" floppy. Done that in previous case. But if you are looking for 3.5" hotswap bay, you will need to mount it to 5.25" ODD bay. Otherwise there's no room for the mechanism to work. Again, have that in my current case. With broken DVD drive.

Though if you are planning to hotswap SSDs, they are 2.5" for SATA drives. Unless you are looking to do something very specific, I would recommend getting external dock or USB enclosure (which is also something I have for old SSD).

I... I think you missed the point of what I was asking.

5 hours ago, 1stMidnight said:

I... I think you missed the point of what I was asking.

Maybe a bit. But main point stands. Yes, you can mount that USB hub to 3.5" bay.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv