Streacom DA2 - 280mm Rad vs 120mm vs Air

Bradders

So I recently downsized to a streacom DA2 and found a bundle on ebay - came with the case and a 240mm aio from corsair plus a SF650 psu which was an absolute steal of a deal for only $250/£200. Only problem I've encountered is my new GPU - 1160TI (also from ebay at a decent/normal price) seems to get quite hot playing some games like world of warships. By hot I mean 65c/70c.

I play at 1440p, get 75/80 fps at full graphics pretty much.

Just wondering if switching to a smaller 120mm rad or even an air cooler might be a better idea? - I've put two more noctua fans in the case at the top and bottom both extracting and tried different ways round but didn't seem to do anything. I have a theory that the heat in the GPU is just getting trapped and so thats why its so bad but not sure how I can solve that?

TLDR: 1660TI getting very warm in Streacom DA2 with a 280mm radiator - should I switch to air cooler or downsize to 120mm radiator?

- SSUPD Meshlicous - Z170I - i7-6700K - Gigabyte 2080 - 16GB Corsair Vengance - 850 EVO 1TB - H115i ICUE Link- SF600

8 minutes ago, Bradders said:

By hot I mean 65c/70c.

Thats pretty reasonable for a 1660Ti on full load at 1440p. My 1660Ti goes up to 87 even with underclocks with my shit airflow case. But imo, it can technically add more airflow, but the heat tradeoff between 280 to 120 is just a bad idea imo. I dont know what kind of air cooler that youll get, but it might wont provide anymore beyond accidental airflow and that extra fans freed from radiator's air resistance.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

1 minute ago, SorryClaire said:

Thats pretty reasonable for a 1660Ti on full load at 1440p. My 1660Ti goes up to 87 even with underclocks with my shit airflow case. But imo, it can technically add more airflow, but the heat tradeoff between 280 to 120 is just a bad idea imo. I dont know what kind of air cooler that youll get, but it might wont provide anymore beyond accidental airflow and that extra fans freed from radiator's air resistance.

Fair enough, maybe ill just stick to what I've got then, perhaps strap a fan to the bottom of the GPU 😆

- SSUPD Meshlicous - Z170I - i7-6700K - Gigabyte 2080 - 16GB Corsair Vengance - 850 EVO 1TB - H115i ICUE Link- SF600

2 minutes ago, FRSHPRNCFBLR said:

Can you attach a picture of the current setup?

Ill take a couple now and upload them

A couple photos of the rig

20210415_135505.jpg

20210415_135559.jpg

20210415_135508.jpg

65-70c at load is pretty good. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.