What are some of the most underrated games you know?

Shammikit

Here's a short list of what I remember from the top of my head: 

• The saboteur (Didn't even know this game even existed until a couple of weeks ago. Finished it yesterday. One of the best games I played in a long time)
  • A plague tale innocence 
  • Ryse son of rome
  • L.A Noire
  • call of juarez bound in blood (Really good story)
  • Remember me

P.S: I hear this game called Echo is really gud and very underrated. Haven't played it yet though. 

26 minutes ago, Haraikomono said:

lots of Isometric Games are really good, and have wonderful storylines.

but more people will go for games that have more extreme realistic graphics

I would love to play games on any graphics if the story is great. Recently I have found myself going for older games that came out prior 2010. 

Just now, Shammikit said:

I would love to play games on any graphics if the story is great. Recently I have found myself going for older games that came out prior 2010. 

let me give you the sweet release of 1000 posts. 🙂

have you tried stardew valley like games ?

Mech Commander 2

Geometry Wars

CPU: Ryzen 5900X | GPU: ASRock 6900XT | Drive: SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2 1TB (x2) | RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z Royal Series 64GB DDR4 3600 14-15-15-35 | MB: MSI MEG X570 GODLIKE | PSU: Corsair AX1600i | Cooling: Noctua NH-D15 + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut | Case: Fractal Design Define 7

Yes, I share it with friends, and bought this at MSRP.  I was a listmaster for several days in NY.

Most RTS games are underrated, ie age of empire especially the age of kings and the command and conquer : generals series.

3 hours ago, Haraikomono said:

let me give you the sweet release of 1000 posts. 🙂

Thank you.

3 hours ago, Haraikomono said:

have you tried stardew valley like games ?

No, i'll add them to my list

3 hours ago, Jay427 said:

Mech Commander 2

Geometry Wars

I think I played Mech Commander when I was in school.

Geometry wars, no.

I just started playing this game called Binary Domain. So far the story, the voice acting and even the graphics for a game from 2012 look brilliant. 

Empire Earth, not so much underrated as overshadowed by the modern popularity of Age of Empires 2.

AOE2 is good, but the relatively recent resurgence in popularity is due to the re-releases of it on modern platforms getting a lot more attention.

Empire Earth always was and still is effectively the same game but with more features and an obscene amount more content. From prehistory to the sci-fi future, it’s AOE2 in birds eye 3D.

09BC4F5D-E330-42BB-AF98-71F13B01026E.jpeg.53147a32566d0903c8d132419ef4aaf0.jpeg

E57A34B7-D18F-4E6B-9206-75180C05E5CC.thumb.jpeg.199fa4b4950090bddc7f7e1ab204fa88.jpeg

it’s like 5$ on GoG or something and it’s the gold edition that comes with the map editor and all that stuff, but even just casual matches against the AI are pretty fun

You have the same unit and building upgrade concepts but also entire epochs to advance to as time goes on, and you can select which epochs you want to play, so you can start in the industrial era and end in the modern era, or start in prehistory and go right to the nano age, or just play WW1 and WW2

If you want AOE2 you can keep yourself to the Middle Ages with knights and trebuchets, or you can entirely play the future with mechs and drones and laser warfare.

Highly recommended if you’re an AOE2 fan because it’s the same game with more.

5 hours ago, 8tg said:

Empire Earth, not so much underrated as overshadowed by the modern popularity of Age of Empires 2.

AOE2 is good, but the relatively recent resurgence in popularity is due to the re-releases of it on modern platforms getting a lot more attention.

Empire Earth always was and still is effectively the same game but with more features and an obscene amount more content. From prehistory to the sci-fi future, it’s AOE2 in birds eye 3D.

09BC4F5D-E330-42BB-AF98-71F13B01026E.jpeg.53147a32566d0903c8d132419ef4aaf0.jpeg

E57A34B7-D18F-4E6B-9206-75180C05E5CC.thumb.jpeg.199fa4b4950090bddc7f7e1ab204fa88.jpeg

it’s like 5$ on GoG or something and it’s the gold edition that comes with the map editor and all that stuff, but even just casual matches against the AI are pretty fun

You have the same unit and building upgrade concepts but also entire epochs to advance to as time goes on, and you can select which epochs you want to play, so you can start in the industrial era and end in the modern era, or start in prehistory and go right to the nano age, or just play WW1 and WW2

If you want AOE2 you can keep yourself to the Middle Ages with knights and trebuchets, or you can entirely play the future with mechs and drones and laser warfare.

Highly recommended if you’re an AOE2 fan because it’s the same game with more.

Empire Earth becomes totally different game in each sequel. It feels like they have an identity crisis or something. Each sequel is so dramatically different, they piss off fans of the original. 

You know... Just like red alert. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

Max Payne 3

I'd love to play it again if it weren't for the non-skippable cutscenes.  ARGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 hours ago, Doug_Dangger said:

Max Payne 3

I'd love to play it again if it weren't for the non-skippable cutscenes.  ARGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I havent played it.

why skip the cutscenes though?

Septerrra core,

oldie, and like most isometric rpgs had a fair amount of backtracking in dungeon design, but was a gem over all. 

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

10 hours ago, Shammikit said:

I havent played it.

why skip the cutscenes though?

They're very long.  Some are about 10 minutes and there are a LOT of them.

When you play a game the first time they're fine.  You want to see the story.

But for a 2nd playthrough, you already know the story.

stellaris it is what civ beyond earth should have been

Some will say "you play these?" to me but, NFS The Run is one of the underrated games if you ask me. The only racing game I noticed that only go forwards (no laps, you go from San Francisco to New York).

Kerbal space program, the base game looks ugly but with modding it looks beautiful

Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds.

Basically Star Wars and Age of Empires 2 in a single package, beat that.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

Wargroove. Anyone who enjoyed Advance Wars most likely already knows what it is, but Wargroove deserves to be played by more people!

CPU: Intel i5 3550           | Cooler: Corsair A50          | Motherboard: Asus P8Z77      | Storage: Crucial MX200 250GB |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB   | GPU: GTX 1650                | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)  | PSU: EVGA 650W G2            |

MissionForce: CyberStorm.

I loved the subtle in-depth aspect of that game. Really miss playing it but it was for 16bit OS (win95/98 IIRC) and won't install right even under compat mode.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

I always thought LOZ: Twilight Princess never got the love it deserved.

System Specs: Second-class potato, slightly mouldy

Oh, i forgot to mention this puzzle game called Relicta. For those who miss Portal 2 would like it.  

Got one underrated game Modern Combat Versus

If my answer is correct or is helpful please mark it as the solution. Quote me in your post to summon me. Beware that after summoning me ill never leave. 

probably kerbal space program cause only like 20 people record videos of it but its one of my child hood games so yea theres ur answer bro

CPU:Intel i5 11400F Motherboard: Asrock B560M-C | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 32GB Kit | Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Super 6GB | PSU: Ibuypower OEM 500W Psu | Case: Ibuypower Slate mr203i case from ebay | CPU Cooler: Cheap 10 dollar deepcool (i forgot the model) | Case Fans: They arrived with the case but they are ARGB