Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Laptop showing consider replacing your battery but its new

My laptop Sony VAIO F15413 sn/b laptop is showing consider replacing your battery even though i replaced the old one few weeks ago. How do fix this issue?
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mrb00ce said:
My laptop Sony VAIO F15413 sn/b laptop is showing consider replacing your battery even though i replaced the old one few weeks ago. How do fix this issue?

Where did you buy the new battery from?

Desktop - i5-9600KF @4.8GHz all core, MSI Z390-A PRO, 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz, MSI GTX 1660S OC 6GB, WD Blue 500GB M.2 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM HDD

Laptop - ASUS ZenBook 14 with ScreenPad, i7-1165G7, Xe iGPU 96EU, 16GB Octa-Channel 4200MHz, MX450 2GB, 512GB SSD with 32GB Optane

 

Old Laptop 1 - HP Pavilion 15, A10-9600P, R5 iGPU, 8GB, R8 M445DX, 2TB HDD

Old Laptop 2 - HP Pavilion 15 TouchSmart, i3-3217U, Intel HD 4000, 4GB, 1TB HDD

 

iPad 2018 - 128GB

iPhone XR - 128GB

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mrb00ce said:

I got it from a serviceman

Is that a legitimate company? I can't find anything about them online?

Desktop - i5-9600KF @4.8GHz all core, MSI Z390-A PRO, 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz, MSI GTX 1660S OC 6GB, WD Blue 500GB M.2 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM HDD

Laptop - ASUS ZenBook 14 with ScreenPad, i7-1165G7, Xe iGPU 96EU, 16GB Octa-Channel 4200MHz, MX450 2GB, 512GB SSD with 32GB Optane

 

Old Laptop 1 - HP Pavilion 15, A10-9600P, R5 iGPU, 8GB, R8 M445DX, 2TB HDD

Old Laptop 2 - HP Pavilion 15 TouchSmart, i3-3217U, Intel HD 4000, 4GB, 1TB HDD

 

iPad 2018 - 128GB

iPhone XR - 128GB

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AMD A10-9600P said:

Is that a legitimate company? I can't find anything about them online?

Yeah i got it like 3 weeks ago 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mrb00ce said:

Yeah i got it like 3 weeks ago 

Would you mind sending me the link to their website? Was it sold through ebay or a store like that?

Desktop - i5-9600KF @4.8GHz all core, MSI Z390-A PRO, 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz, MSI GTX 1660S OC 6GB, WD Blue 500GB M.2 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM HDD

Laptop - ASUS ZenBook 14 with ScreenPad, i7-1165G7, Xe iGPU 96EU, 16GB Octa-Channel 4200MHz, MX450 2GB, 512GB SSD with 32GB Optane

 

Old Laptop 1 - HP Pavilion 15, A10-9600P, R5 iGPU, 8GB, R8 M445DX, 2TB HDD

Old Laptop 2 - HP Pavilion 15 TouchSmart, i3-3217U, Intel HD 4000, 4GB, 1TB HDD

 

iPad 2018 - 128GB

iPhone XR - 128GB

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AMD A10-9600P said:

Would you mind sending me the link to their website? Was it sold through ebay or a store like that?

No i knew them and they replaced it for me 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mrb00ce said:

No i knew them and they replaced it for me 

Ok. It's just possible that the battery isn't brand new, or has degraded unusually fast. Do this for me:

  • Go to the search bar and type "cmd"
  • When it shows command prompt, right click it and run as administrator
  • Then type "powercfg /batteryreport"
  • After it has finished, go to "C:\WINDOWS\system32\energy-report.html" in your browser
  • Post a screenshot of the window, showing as much as you can

Desktop - i5-9600KF @4.8GHz all core, MSI Z390-A PRO, 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz, MSI GTX 1660S OC 6GB, WD Blue 500GB M.2 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM HDD

Laptop - ASUS ZenBook 14 with ScreenPad, i7-1165G7, Xe iGPU 96EU, 16GB Octa-Channel 4200MHz, MX450 2GB, 512GB SSD with 32GB Optane

 

Old Laptop 1 - HP Pavilion 15, A10-9600P, R5 iGPU, 8GB, R8 M445DX, 2TB HDD

Old Laptop 2 - HP Pavilion 15 TouchSmart, i3-3217U, Intel HD 4000, 4GB, 1TB HDD

 

iPad 2018 - 128GB

iPhone XR - 128GB

Link to post
Share on other sites

image.png.33ce250472507a9687d5b5d114506f0c.png

image.png.73e4abba5fb6d02449c5dfc55523b06d.png

image.png.5cba9293e23489e1d68b3f311e1c4020.png

image.png

Desktop - i5-9600KF @4.8GHz all core, MSI Z390-A PRO, 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz, MSI GTX 1660S OC 6GB, WD Blue 500GB M.2 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM HDD

Laptop - ASUS ZenBook 14 with ScreenPad, i7-1165G7, Xe iGPU 96EU, 16GB Octa-Channel 4200MHz, MX450 2GB, 512GB SSD with 32GB Optane

 

Old Laptop 1 - HP Pavilion 15, A10-9600P, R5 iGPU, 8GB, R8 M445DX, 2TB HDD

Old Laptop 2 - HP Pavilion 15 TouchSmart, i3-3217U, Intel HD 4000, 4GB, 1TB HDD

 

iPad 2018 - 128GB

iPhone XR - 128GB

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, AMD A10-9600P said:

image.png.33ce250472507a9687d5b5d114506f0c.png

image.png.73e4abba5fb6d02449c5dfc55523b06d.png

image.png.5cba9293e23489e1d68b3f311e1c4020.png

image.png

When i do that it says invalid parameters even in administrator mode

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mrb00ce said:

When i do that it says invalid parameters even in administrator mode

Can you post a screenshot of that please?

 

I got an error message but that's because I'm using my desktop right now.

Desktop - i5-9600KF @4.8GHz all core, MSI Z390-A PRO, 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz, MSI GTX 1660S OC 6GB, WD Blue 500GB M.2 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM HDD

Laptop - ASUS ZenBook 14 with ScreenPad, i7-1165G7, Xe iGPU 96EU, 16GB Octa-Channel 4200MHz, MX450 2GB, 512GB SSD with 32GB Optane

 

Old Laptop 1 - HP Pavilion 15, A10-9600P, R5 iGPU, 8GB, R8 M445DX, 2TB HDD

Old Laptop 2 - HP Pavilion 15 TouchSmart, i3-3217U, Intel HD 4000, 4GB, 1TB HDD

 

iPad 2018 - 128GB

iPhone XR - 128GB

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AMD A10-9600P said:

Can you post a screenshot of that please?

 

I got an error message but that's because I'm using my desktop right now.

here it is

1212121212121212.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mrb00ce said:

here it is

1212121212121212.png

Ohhh you're using Windows 7. Ok, so type "powercfg -energy" instead

Desktop - i5-9600KF @4.8GHz all core, MSI Z390-A PRO, 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz, MSI GTX 1660S OC 6GB, WD Blue 500GB M.2 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM HDD

Laptop - ASUS ZenBook 14 with ScreenPad, i7-1165G7, Xe iGPU 96EU, 16GB Octa-Channel 4200MHz, MX450 2GB, 512GB SSD with 32GB Optane

 

Old Laptop 1 - HP Pavilion 15, A10-9600P, R5 iGPU, 8GB, R8 M445DX, 2TB HDD

Old Laptop 2 - HP Pavilion 15 TouchSmart, i3-3217U, Intel HD 4000, 4GB, 1TB HDD

 

iPad 2018 - 128GB

iPhone XR - 128GB

Link to post
Share on other sites

Fully discharge the battery until the computer turns off, ideally power it up again, enter BIOS and leave it there until it shuts off again, then charge fully and make a report again. But it seems the guy might have given you an old and also worn out battery.

 

Battery:Battery Information
 
Battery ID 18545SONY Corp. VGP-BPS35A
Manufacturer SONY Corp.
Serial Number 18545
Chemistry LION
Long Term 1
Design Capacity 81910
Last Full Charge 30880
F@H
Desktop: i7-5960X 4.4GHz, Noctua NH-D14, ASUS Rampage V, 32GB, RTX3080, 2TB NVMe SSD, 2x16TB HDD RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Thermaltake Overseer RX1, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB NVMe SSD RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

 

Dell XPS 2 in 1 2019, 32GB, 1TB, 4K

 

GPD Win 2

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Fully discharge the battery until the computer turns off, ideally power it up again, enter BIOS and leave it there until it shuts off again, then charge fully and make a report again. But it seems the guy might have given you an old and also worn out battery.

 

Battery:Battery Information
 
Battery ID 18545SONY Corp. VGP-BPS35A
Manufacturer SONY Corp.
Serial Number 18545
Chemistry LION
Long Term 1
Design Capacity 81910
Last Full Charge 30880

@mrb00ce As I thought as well, the actual capacity is about 40% of what it should be. That battery most likely is not new, and it will not perform well. You'll have to try and find a legitimate new battery for your laptop online.

Desktop - i5-9600KF @4.8GHz all core, MSI Z390-A PRO, 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz, MSI GTX 1660S OC 6GB, WD Blue 500GB M.2 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM HDD

Laptop - ASUS ZenBook 14 with ScreenPad, i7-1165G7, Xe iGPU 96EU, 16GB Octa-Channel 4200MHz, MX450 2GB, 512GB SSD with 32GB Optane

 

Old Laptop 1 - HP Pavilion 15, A10-9600P, R5 iGPU, 8GB, R8 M445DX, 2TB HDD

Old Laptop 2 - HP Pavilion 15 TouchSmart, i3-3217U, Intel HD 4000, 4GB, 1TB HDD

 

iPad 2018 - 128GB

iPhone XR - 128GB

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AMD A10-9600P said:

@mrb00ce As I thought as well, the actual capacity is about 40% of what it should be. That battery most likely is not new, and it will not perform well. You'll have to try and find a legitimate new battery for your laptop online.

Well at least we gave me a warranty gonna replace it soon

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, AMD A10-9600P said:

@mrb00ce As I thought as well, the actual capacity is about 40% of what it should be. That battery most likely is not new, and it will not perform well. You'll have to try and find a legitimate new battery for your laptop online.

Hey so i took the battery out and discharged my laptop and now the error is gone 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Newegg

×