Is the rm850 a good psu

kes2006

So I’m getting a new psu and I chose the rm850 because it’s just €6 more expensive then the rm750 should I get it or not

I have one, I like it, and as I understand it the less you use of the percentage of available wattage the more efficient and less heat it will produce, less noise, although not by much. 

Still for such a little difference I'd get the higher rated one for future proofing.

I'm an IT System Admin with 15+ years worth of XP, plus I've been tinkering computers since I was old enough to hold a screwdriver, so I usually know what I'm talking about.

For 6 euros to get a higher rate on an already highly regarded PSU series from corsair? Hit it.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

5 minutes ago, ObsidianAura said:

I have one, I like it, and as I understand it the less you use of the percentage of available wattage the more efficient and less heat it will produce, less noise, although not by much. 

Still for such a little difference I'd get the higher rated one for future proofing.

4 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

For 6 euros to get a higher rate on an already highly regarded PSU series from corsair? Hit it.

Thanks guys I’ll get it