HELP PLEASE 1st ever build

Go to solution Solved by Fasauceome,
1 minute ago, Max L said:

how many fans will one argb header be able to handle a argb spliter?

5 or 6 fans can easily be run off one header, at least. The fans appear to have a standard 3 pin daisy-chain design to them, should work just fine.

ANYONE know any good Asus motherboards that will work great with the intel i7 10700KF?

ANYONE know any good Asus motherboards that will work great with the intel i7 10700KF?

prime z490a

Big nerd. 

PCPartPicker List Link

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1400, Deepcool Gammaxx 400 V2 Blue, Biostar B450MH, Timetec 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16, Adata SU650 240GB, WD Blue 250GB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200RPM, MSI Aero GTX 1060 3GB, Cougar MG130G, Segotep 750W Fully Modular 80+ Gold, HP 22EB, Samsung S22E450D, Sceptre E205-W, Gamakay LK67 with Gat Reds and HK Gaming Chalk keycaps, Logitech G305 Lightspeed, Shure MV7, Gertisan Mic Arm, OneOdio Headphones, CM SickleFlow Blue Fan, Iceberg Thermal IceGALE 140MM Teal x2, Cougar case fan

Rack Project (Build log link)

Spoiler

Any features your looking for?

😳
Not that active so I may not respond.

Whats your budget also?

😳
Not that active so I may not respond.

Just now, Cool_Evlo said:

Any features your looking for?

Aura sync, support 10th gen,  wifi (optional), that has rgb.

Just now, Cool_Evlo said:

Whats your budget also?

budget for the motherboard is $250

If you need BIOS flashback, the ROG. The TUF doesn't have that. If you need to update BIOS, you'll need a compatible CPU to update it.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

1 minute ago, IkeaGnome said:

If you need BIOS flashback, the ROG. The TUF doesn't have that. If you need to update BIOS, you'll need a compatible CPU to update it.

Wait so if I buy the 5800x I need to buy a diffrent cpu to update the bios? for the x570 motherboard?

5 minutes ago, Max L said:

Wait so if I buy the 5800x I need to buy a diffrent cpu to update the bios? for the x570 motherboard?

yes.

and that's why i'd go with the b550 strix-f. which is a better motherboard anyway.

1 minute ago, boggy77 said:

yes.

and that's why i'd go with the b550 strix-f. which is a better motherboard anyway.

THX

I think boards are starting to come with updated BIOS. Either that or more people are just updating on their own. Been seeing less and less issues solved with that.

B550 and X570 came out before ZEN3. They didn't originally have a BIOS that worked with ZEN3. 

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

3 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

yes.

the b550 strix-f is also a much more reliable board.

1 minute ago, MechWill said:

and it looks more exi

4 hours ago, MechWill said:

How so ? 

So I NEED to know if these fans will work on this motherboard because the motherboard says it has only 1 ARGB and only 1 RGB header? but will 6 of these fans work on this motherboard and have he argb all synced? And If I need more rgb headers how many fans will it be able to have argb? (example, I buy a rgb header that has 5 or 6 argb spliters and I plug them in and they don't work?) How much can it give argb to?

FANS: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B082TRVM81/ref=ewc_pr_img_1?smid=A6SXSZXC805J3&psc=1

MOTHERBOARD: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B088VSTS9H/ref=ox_sc_act_title_9?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

You can daisy chain these fan's RGB together so that it only takes up 1 ARGB header.

I NEED to know if these fans will work on this motherboard because the motherboard said it only had 1 argb and 1 rgb header, (does it)? And how many fans will one argb header be able to handle a argb spliter?

FANS: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B082TRVM81/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A6SXSZXC805J3&psc=1

MOTHERBOARD: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B088VSTS9H/ref=ox_sc_act_title_8?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

how many fans will one argb header be able to handle a argb spliter?

5 or 6 fans can easily be run off one header, at least. The fans appear to have a standard 3 pin daisy-chain design to them, should work just fine.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, Fasauceome said:

but it also said it wont work on a rgb header. will it still work?

4 minutes ago, Max L said:

but it also said it wont work on a rgb header. will it still work?

The fans say they won't work on the 4 pin header. They'll only work on the 3 pin header.

Which makes sense, because the 5v, 3 pin ARGB header is different from the 4 pin, 12v RGB header.

The naming is, admittedly, confusing. You have RGB and you have ARGB, and they're technically both different despite how similar the name is.

And of course, neither has anything to do with the actual fan header itself, the non-RGB PWM header that powers the fan.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

On my TUF X570, I had problems daisy chaining more than two fans to a single ARGB header. Had to get a fan hub. Works fine now but just something to note.

Budget (including currency):  $2500

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for:  Fortnite, Warzone, CSGO, Dirt 5, Rocket League, and Streaming.

JUST 1 last time I promise.

And I don't know which motherboard to get because of the fans and also because of the CPU

Either The Asus B550 F

OR

https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-TUF-X570-Plus-Motherboard-Lighting/dp/B07SXF8GY3/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=Asus+x570+Motherboard&qid=1618513476&sr=8-1

Just now, TitanMaster57 said:

On my TUF X570, I had problems daisy chaining more than two fans to a single ARGB header. Had to get a fan hub. Works fine now but just something to note.

Thanks I was actually debating which one to get because of the fans and the cpu so thanks that helped ALOT!

-Threads merged-

Please refrain from posting duplicate posts about the same topic across subforums.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25