Question about security Twitter app in iPad

TwilightLink

Hello!

Today I was tweetting something to a support page and I got a reply that I couldn't read (it wouldn't appear even though it said that I have one), I got scared and immediately deleted the tweet. Does anyone know why it happened? Is there an exploit to hack my twitter or iPad using a twitter comment? I'm using the latest iPadOS version.

Thanks for the answers! I know I sound really paranoid but I'm really insecure when weird stuff happen that I don't understand.

App based hacks are pretty much impossible. 

Either its twitter messing up, or the support page deleted the reply.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

9 hours ago, TwilightLink said:

Hello!

Today I was tweetting something to a support page and I got a reply that I couldn't read (it wouldn't appear even though it said that I have one), I got scared and immediately deleted the tweet. Does anyone know why it happened? Is there an exploit to hack my twitter or iPad using a twitter comment? I'm using the latest iPadOS version.

Thanks for the answers! I know I sound really paranoid but I'm really insecure when weird stuff happen that I don't understand.

It's extremely unlikely that you'd be compromised merely by a Twitter reply existing. You usually have to tap a link in a case like that.

Without seeing their tweet it's difficult to know what happened, but your description makes it sound like it was a botched response on their part (especially if it was automated) rather than anything sinister.

Thanks for the answers!

21 hours ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

App based hacks are pretty much impossible. 

Either its twitter messing up, or the support page deleted the reply.

I read something about the apps being sandboxed, is that why?

11 hours ago, Commodus said:

It's extremely unlikely that you'd be compromised merely by a Twitter reply existing. You usually have to tap a link in a case like that.

I never saw the tweet, so I it's impossible for me to have click anything

11 hours ago, Commodus said:

Without seeing their tweet it's difficult to know what happened, but your description makes it sound like it was a botched response on their part (especially if it was automated) rather than anything sinister.

I think I deleted my tweet, I hope that it wasn't anything weird, there was the option to "see more replies" but that didn't show any replies either.

Is there way to check for weird stuff on iPad? or just clean reinstall the OS?