I can't figure out how to install Mystic Light

lerodemmy

I installed Dragon Center.  From there, MSI's website says to click scan and then click Mystic Light and install.  After clicked scan, Mystic Light didn't appear, but some other stuff I can install did.  Should I install any of these?

0562255ab2ac17a0ce1cbd5b1713e490.png

CPUIntel Core i9-14900K I GPU: EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming I MotherboardAsus ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming I RAM: Corsair Dominator Titanium 64GB I SSDSamsung 980 Pro 2TB I PSUCorsair RM1000x (2021) I Cooler: Corsair iCUE Link H150i I CaseCorsair 5000D Airflow I FansCorsair QX120 x10 Cables: Corsair Premium Individually Sleeved Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB I MouseCorsair Nightsabre Wireless Mouse Pad: Asus ROG Sheath Monitor: Aorus FV43U 

You should definitely install the drivers. Is this from the website? It looks very familiar to the DVDs they provide with the motherboard box which can be out of date. 

For Mystic Light, does it show at all under Apps in Settings? 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

What is your motherboard? As an owner of MSI B350m bazooka, i would say that not all MSI motherboard support mystic light . I ended up using their other controller but its has no rgb . Only single color and breathing effects

Im with the mentaility of "IF IM NOT SURE IF ITS ENOUGH COOLING, GO OVERKILL"

CURRENT PC SPECS    

CPU             Ryzen 5 3600 (Formerly Ryzen 3 1200)

GPU             : ASUS RX 580 Dual OC (Formerly ASUS GTX 1060 but it got corroded for some odd reasons)

GPU COOOER      : ID Cooling Frostflow 120 VGA (Stock cooler overheats even when undervolted :()

MOBO            : MSI B350m Bazooka

MEMORY          Team Group Elite TUF DDR4 3600 Mhz CL 16
STORAGE         : Seagate Baracudda 1TB and Kingston SSD
PSU             : Thermaltake Lite power 550W (Gonna change soon as i dont trust this)
CASE            : Rakk Anyag Frost
CPU COOLER      : ID-Cooling SE 207
CASE FANS       : Mix of ID cooling fans, Corsair fans and Rakk Ounos (planned change to ID Cooling)
DISPLAY         : SpectrePro XTNS24 144hz Curved VA panel
MOUSE           : Logitech G603 Lightspeed
KEYBOARD        : Rakk Lam Ang

HEADSET         : Plantronics RIG 500HD

Kingston Hyper X Stinger

and a whole lot of LED everywhere(behind the monitor, behind the desk, behind the shelf of the PC mount and inside the case)

2 hours ago, SpiderMan said:

You should definitely install the drivers. Is this from the website? It looks very familiar to the DVDs they provide with the motherboard box which can be out of date. 

For Mystic Light, does it show at all under Apps in Settings? 

The screenshot is from the Dragon Center software I downloaded.

Nope.  Nowhere to be found.

2 hours ago, MartinKweh said:

What is your motherboard? As an owner of MSI B350m bazooka, i would say that not all MSI motherboard support mystic light . I ended up using their other controller but its has no rgb . Only single color and breathing effects

It’s MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Carbon WiFi.  Very frustrating.  I have no idea how to get it to do anything but rainbow wave.

CPUIntel Core i9-14900K I GPU: EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming I MotherboardAsus ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming I RAM: Corsair Dominator Titanium 64GB I SSDSamsung 980 Pro 2TB I PSUCorsair RM1000x (2021) I Cooler: Corsair iCUE Link H150i I CaseCorsair 5000D Airflow I FansCorsair QX120 x10 Cables: Corsair Premium Individually Sleeved Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB I MouseCorsair Nightsabre Wireless Mouse Pad: Asus ROG Sheath Monitor: Aorus FV43U 

I figured out the solution, which is to install an older version of Dragon Center that includes Mystic Light.

I am now able to sync the RGB on my MB, AIO and RAM, which I thought was wonderful.  However, I can no longer control the Lian Li fan RGB, not even from their L-Connect software.  It shows that my changes are applied in the software, but they’re not reflected on the actual fans.  Nothing is ever easy.

27 minutes ago, lerodemmy said:

I figured out the solution, which is to install an older version of Dragon Center that includes Mystic Light.

I am now able to sync the RGB on my MB, AIO and RAM, which I thought was wonderful.  However, I can no longer control the Lian Li fan RGB, not even from their L-Connect software.  It shows that my changes are applied in the software, but they’re not reflected on the actual fans.  Nothing is ever easy.

Go back into Mystic Light and toggle off the setting to override 3rd party software. 

That should be why you aren't able to use the Lian Li software. 

Sorry I am at work, so I can't take a screen shot for you. 

My 2020 Upgrade: CPU: Ryzen 5 3600; MB: MSI X570 Tomohawk WiFi; Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600 MHz; Case: Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance; PSU: Corsair RM550X 80+ Gold; Storage: WD Blue 500GB SSD; Seagate 4TB Compute HDD; Monitor: GIGABYTE G34WQC 34" 144Hz Curved Gaming Monitor, 3440 x 1440 VA 1500R Display

Previous Components Still Using: GPU: MSI GTX 1070 (bought Used); Storage: WD 3TB Green HDD,WD 1TB Black HDD, SanDisk SSD PLUS 240GB

Previous Monitor I want to VESA mount: LG 29UB55-B 29" Ultrawide 1080p 60Hz IPS

1 hour ago, Jason 57 said:

Go back into Mystic Light and toggle off the setting to override 3rd party software. 

That should be why you aren't able to use the Lian Li software. 

Sorry I am at work, so I can't take a screen shot for you. 

I did that.  It’s actually because there’s a special fix you have to download for the Lian Li software when Mystic Light prevents it from working.

Now, of course, I can’t figure out how to keep my settings after shutting down.  The RAM and the fans just go to the default rainbow wave when I boot up after shut down.

EDIT: And apparently that fix didn’t stick and I again can’t control the fans.  RGB is a bigger waste of time than it is money.

2 minutes ago, lerodemmy said:

RGB is a bigger waste of time than it is money.

That is why I got the Lancool II Mesh Performance instead of the RGB model. LOL

My 2020 Upgrade: CPU: Ryzen 5 3600; MB: MSI X570 Tomohawk WiFi; Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600 MHz; Case: Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance; PSU: Corsair RM550X 80+ Gold; Storage: WD Blue 500GB SSD; Seagate 4TB Compute HDD; Monitor: GIGABYTE G34WQC 34" 144Hz Curved Gaming Monitor, 3440 x 1440 VA 1500R Display

Previous Components Still Using: GPU: MSI GTX 1070 (bought Used); Storage: WD 3TB Green HDD,WD 1TB Black HDD, SanDisk SSD PLUS 240GB

Previous Monitor I want to VESA mount: LG 29UB55-B 29" Ultrawide 1080p 60Hz IPS