Notification number icon momentarily displaying 0

OJTheAviator

Browser, version and OS: Firefox version 87, Windows 10 Pro version 1909

Steps to reproduce/what were you doing before it happened?

I had just clicked on a notification for an unread status update, read the update, then returned to the home page

What happened?

When I returned to the home page, the little orange circle displaying the number of unread notifications popped up for a split second, clearly displaying 0. It was up for perhaps 1/3 of a second, not enough to grab a screenshot but enough to clearly register it.

What did you expect to happen?

I didn't expect any notifications at all, or if one popped up, for it to be of number greater than 0

Link to a page where it happened, if applicable: 

N/A

Screenshots of the issue, if applicable: 

Unfortunately unable to provide a screenshot due to the nature of the issue as discussed above

Any other relevant details:

I'll mention that I'm not expecting this to be dealt with like a major issue, it's more of a curiosity than anything else. What could have caused this?

If it's a cloudflare error, what was the ray ID from the bottom of the error page?

N/A

Tech, engineering, gaming and promoting the metric system. These are my things.

Lover of Linux.

Currently rocking a ThinkPad L13 laptop tricked out with an i7, running Windows 10.
PC Specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7 6700
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070
Motherboard: Asus Z170 A
RAM: Corsair Vengence 16GB

Yes this is normal 0 = 1 sometimes - idk really I have noticed this too

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

It happens occasionally to me. Usually when I have multiple forum tabs open - I'll click on something from one tab, read it, then close it and go read whatever was on the other tab. Sometimes, the notification thing will show a 0 for a split second.

Nothing's ever really happened because of it.

elephants

@FakeKGB took the words right out of my fingers, I've had the same thing happen.  I've always been too slow to grab a screenshot, not that I've ever tried.

(Another thing I'd like to get a screenshot of in the "you have to be super fast or you miss it" category would be .... once in a while when my PC is under a heavy load, and I switch to another window / app, the window border, title bar, minimize/maximize/close buttons, for like 0.2 seconds looks like Windows 7 style, even though I'm running Windows 10 with pretty much a default theme.)