Major injuries you had as a kid.

CastletonSnob

What was the worst injury you ever had as a kid? When I was a kid, I touched the hot part of a gas heater and got 3rd degree burns.

• Burned my hand with hot engine oil while working as an apprentice.
  • Front gear of my bicycle ripped into my right ankle.
  • Broke a glass something and piece of got embedded into my arm for a week.
  • Grabbed hot soldering iron couple of times.
  • Hit my jaw somewhere and ripped out a massive part of my gums.

Things that I done as an "adult" and got hurt are much worse.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

5 minutes ago, Levent said:
  • Burned my hand with hot engine oil while working as an apprentice.
  • Front gear of my bicycle ripped into my right ankle.
  • Broke a glass something and piece of got embedded into my arm for a week.
  • Grabbed hot soldering iron couple of times.
  • Hit my jaw somewhere and ripped out a massive part of my gums.

Things that I done as an "adult" and got hurt are much worse.

8 years old me, opening a big cd-drive, not realizing the black tape inside which was sharp, cut my hand very deep, still a scar to this day 😄 my first encounter with computers.

But, i think this topic is a bit out of the focus in this forum 😄

I dislocated a finger while catching a basket ball.

That's about it 😅 I was always pretty careful

46 minutes ago, Levent said:

Hit my jaw somewhere and ripped out a massive part of my gums.

ouch

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Never broke anything as a kid other than maybe the occasional toe from tripping over furniture.  Had a good burn on my RH wrist in my teen years from flaming engine oil coming from a lawnmower engine on a flipped gocart.  Wasn't to the point of skin grafts but I still have the scar 30 years later.  My worst injury was actually only about 4 years ago.  Crashed my motorcycle, 7 days in a trauma center, 2 months in assisted living.  Blood clots in my lungs, Broke my pelvis, dislocated the RH femur, Broke both bones in my RH wrist.  Got permanent metal in both those places now.  I wouldn't recommend a motorcycle crash as a way to get out of 3 months of work, it sucks.

I have only one - the scar on my forehead. No broken bones, no sprains.

About 10 minutes away from our house was a half park, half splash pad. The park wasn't your typical park - no slides, stairs, but near the main entrance were some metal domes that made sound if you whacked them.

When I was 3, I was running back and forth between them, whacking them to create my own song.

But I tripped.

Now the ground here wasn't dirt and woodchips. It was some weird spongy stuff that absorbed water really well (which made sense, the "splash pad" was more an interactive fountain).

Usually trips don't do too much. You'll fall on your face and skid a bit.

Not here. I hit the ground, I move, and then move some more.

All the while my forehead is mercilessly scraping against the ground.

And then I hit a join point. A mini mountain range.

And it tears my forehead right open.

6 stitches.

Scar to this day.

elephants

• When I was 3 I shoved a thumb tack so far up my nose I had to be held down in order for DRs to extract it. It was up there for almost a whole week. It was also rusty.
  • When I was about 5 or 6 I got a concussion from sledding. Went head first into a white oak tree. Family laughed at me instead of taking me to a hospital. I now have a dent in my skull.
  • In middle school I got two more separate concussions, one from gym class, the other from getting my head slammed into a locker.
  • As a kid, a window from 1801 (year our house was built) broke when I closed it (I was gentle) and I had glass shards all up my right arm. I pulled out most of it (bathroom looked like an actual murder scene), but there was a tiny piece still stuck in me. I left it go (because I hate DRs) and after like, 4 months it became a cyst that I picked open and picked the piece out of. Still have the scar for that too.
  • As an adult (a few years ago now) I got mold poisoning. With that, you basically are just forcefully coughing every 5-10 seconds; for a year. Yeah, that's right, a whole motherfucking year. It fucking sucks ass. There's nothing a DR can do for you, other than prescribe antibodies. So for a whole ass year I coughed my brains out. I was very weak, tired, and also weighed a lot less.

Not at all in chronological order but:

• faceplanting off a scooter onto old asphalt, hands and chin looked like I landed on a cheese grater, front right tooth remains chipped to this day.
  • catching the back tire of a 50cc 2 stroke dirt bike on a freshly molded jump and doing a series of forward rolls at however fast the top speed of that bike was (IIRC it'd make 30-40 with my dad on it so, fast). Barely remember that one other than my dad putting the flash to shame sprinting over, and having to get rushed to the hospital for x rays. No physical damage done other than a cut in my eyelid (from the goggle lense popping in) as thankfully 6-7 year olds are bendy as fuck and don't tend to snap, but I didn't ride that bike willingly for years afterwards.
  • brother flipped me over his leg during a tussle, except my foot didn't move so my knee snapped out of socket for half a second before clicking back in. 0/10, very uncomfortable feeling, couldn't walk on that leg for a couple weeks.
  • tripped over one of those 2 wheeled wheelbarrows because I was an idiot and pushing it too fast, raked my leg across the cotter pin that held the right wheel on, sliced a 2-2.5" long, almost bone deep gash over my left shin, still have the scar from that.
  • falling out of bed multiple times as a kid (I don't know exactly why, don't remember a lot from when I was smol) - this was also around 6 or 7 I believe - and splitting my chin, I do remember the time I did so onto the corner of a wooden toy box. Got taken to the hospital to get stitches, doctor swore the antiseptic they used wouldn't sting, but it did, and to the point it took my dad and a couple other grown men wrapping me up in a sheet and holding the edges down to keep me still enough for em to stitch it up. 

I think that's all, not remembering any more off the top of my head. 🤔 Oh yeah I guess I got knocked out/decent concussion for a sec once because I had a bad habit of putting my head into tackles, but the whole knocked out part makes remembering much about that pretty tricky. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

4 hours ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

Broken arm when I fell from a height of 12 feet. At the age of six.

Are we the same person?  Same injury, same age.

Left arm for me.

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

shoved a nail through a wire in the wall and then somehow managed to slip it under my fingernail and ground myself, had a not so fun day 

caught a baseball with my eyeball one time in t-ball

grabbed a stick close to a fire with a large sap deposit on it that had started boiling from the heat, removed every bit of skin on my hand.

fell off a bike and removed a few teeth and some skin from my face

never managed to break anything though.

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

Fell down a metal ladder and hit my teeth on the rums on the way down.  My front teeth were shoved up my gums, grew back fine though.

CPU: Ryzen 5900X | GPU: ASRock 6900XT | Drive: SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2 1TB (x2) | RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z Royal Series 64GB DDR4 3600 14-15-15-35 | MB: MSI MEG X570 GODLIKE | PSU: Corsair AX1600i | Cooling: Noctua NH-D15 + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut | Case: Fractal Design Define 7

Yes, I share it with friends, and bought this at MSRP.  I was a listmaster for several days in NY.

Does long term high fever count? Well, it's not really an injury, but infection.

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

Some stitches, lots of road rash, probably some concussions. Might have broke a finger. Biggest was a week in the hospital with an eye injury. I was one of the first in my city to get laser eye repair surgery at the age of 10. Worked great!. Lots of bumps and bruises. Pretty sure I died once, my step dad was a hard ass and told me to walk it off.

AMD R9 5900X @ Booost | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL- C12 Pro, 2x TL-K12, SYY-157
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 4 x 8GB G.Skill Trident Z Mix @ 3800 14-15-15-35 1.575v
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X, 2x SN770, Asus Hyper M.2
EVGA SuperNova 750w | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB |1x Phanteks T30, 1x TL-B12, 1x TY-143

When I was 10 climbing a grass hill slipped and my knee came down on a piece of glass.

Flesh was all white down to the bone for 1/2 second then filled with blood.

When I was 11 had a pack of checker firecrackers go off in my hand.

Burned flesh and powder stinks.

When I was 12 fell for Sandy and got a broken heart.

CPU-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X / CPU Cooler-Noctua NH-D15S / Motherboard-MSI MPG X570S CARBON MAX WIFI / Memory-G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-WD WDBSLA0040HNC-NRSN 4TB 3.5" 7200 RPM / Storage-WD Red 6 TB 3.5" 5400 RPM--Crucial P3 4TB 3.0X4 NVME--Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB 4.0X4 NVME--Corsair MP600 CORE 2TB 4.0X4 NVME / Video Card-XFX Radeon RX 6900 XT / Case-Lian Li O11 Air Mini / PSU-SeaSonic PRIME 1000 W 80+ Gold / Sound Card-Creative Labs Sound Blaster Z w/Shield / Monitor-BenQ GW2765HT 27.0" 2560 x 1440 60 Hz / Monitor-Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27.0" 2560 x 1440 170 Hz / Keyboard-Logitech G Pro / Mouse-Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED Wireless / UPS-CyberPower GX1325U / Fan Controller-Corsair Commander Pro

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5800X / CPU Cooler-Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX / Motherboard-Asus TUF GAMING X570-PRO (WI-FI) / MemoryG.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-Western Digital Black SN750 SE 1TB 4.0X4 NVME--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB 3.0X4 NVME--Seagate Barracuda Compute 3 TB 3.5" 5400 RPM / Video Card-Asus KO Gaming OC GeForce RTX 3070 / Case-Lian Li O11 Air Mini / Case-LIAN LI PCI-E 16 X 4.0 Black Riser / PSU-EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G+ Gold / Monitor-LG 22BK430H-B 21.5" 1920 x 1080 60 Hz / Monitor-MSI Optix 271CQP 27.0" 2560 x 1440 165 Hz Curved / Keyboard-Logitech G413 TKL SE / Mouse-Logitech G502 HERO Wired / UPS-CyberPower CP1350PFCLCD / Fan Controller-Corsair  Commander Pro / Sony HT-S200F Soundbar

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5700X / CPU Cooler-Scythe Mugen 5 Black Edition / Motherboard-MSI MPG B550I GAMING EDGE MAX WIFI / Memory-G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB 3.0X4 NVME--PNY CS900 1TB 2.5" SSD--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB NVME/ Video Card-EVGA XC GAMING GeForce RTX 3060 / Case-Cooler NR200P / PSU-Cooler Master V750 SFX GOLD / Keyboard-HyperX Alloy Origins Core / Mouse-Logitech G502 HERO Wired / UPS-CyberPower LE1000DG-FC / Fan Controller-NZXT RGB & Fan Controller

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5700G / CPU Cooler-Scythe Shuriken 2 / Motherboard-Gigabyte X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI / Memory-Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3800 CL18 / Storage-WD Blue 1TB 2.5" SSD--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB 3.0X4 NVME--Patriot P310 1.92TB 3.0X4 NVME / Case-InWin B1 Mesh / Keyboard-Logitech K380 / Mouse-Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED Wireless / Monitor-ViewSonic VX1755 17" 1080p Portable IPS Gaming Monitor 144Hz / Speakers-Creative Muvo Go (Black)

Never broke a bone or burned myself with more than a bit of hot cooking oil that splashed...
But I do remember flying off my bike by hitting a tiny knee high fence. Scrapped my knees, wrists... Was strange walking back home with bloody knees with blood dripping down my legs into my socks. 

I also remember falling/slipping off a fence (10ft or so) that I was climbing like a moron with some friends, one of those scuffed fence where it's like there's two 5ft fences on top of each others to make it taller, with the top of the first fence midway through... Both wrist got opened relatively deeply on that. Strangely enough, it missed the veins so... not dead.

Imagine this type of fence, one on top of the other: 

Spoiler

Elevator shaft of dangerous asbestos uncovered at Lupton City Mill;  clean-up budget and timeline suffer | Chattanooga Times Free Press

Fell straight down, with my arms up rubbing against the fence and along those spiked tops, they weren't "rounded" like most chainlink fences these days.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Was like 7 or 6 when I split my lip open enough to need stitches. I also scraped my knees pretty bad when I fell off my scooter going down a steep hill on the asphalt trail by a lake reservoir. 

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Revolver Microphone: Razer Seiren X

Smacked by a truck when I was about 7...according to witnesses and my mother who got the report...threw me a good 40 feet or so, busted my collarbone, gave me some nice black eyes and a serious concussion...bad times yep.

1 hour ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

Yes left arm too. The whole summer was ruined when the arm was in plaster 😠

Broken left arm and shoulder when I was 10.
Fell down a hill and landed just right for it to happen. My entire arm was in a heavy cast to hold my shoulder down in place while it and the arm itself healed.
Luckily it was winter when it happened so I didn't really miss out on much since we were mostly indoors during that time anyway.
Had to sleep propped upright in an old beanbag chair we had because I coudn't lie back/down because of the shoulder.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

i had a bicycle accident so basically i lost control, and when down hill, it ended up me flying over a pile of dirt 3m in the air and face planted in to the asphalt, i hit my head on to the curb also. I chipped my front toot, cut mu elbows ankles had a concussion.

I jumped from a tree (it was a dare, and i was a dumb kid) from maybe 3, 4 m and landed on my legs but my feet were parallel to my shins so i have sprain both of my ankles.

Riding a bike one day i was driving by a brick wall, and a scrapped my left knuckle on to it basically to my knuckle bones.

I played a lot with knifes so i have a decent number of scars on my hands.

I grew up on a farm and we need horses. Lots of getting bucked off. I've got a list of other injuries including almost decapitating myself riding a motorcycle, getting shot with a BB gun, stabbed with a pencil(still have 2 pieces of graphite in me. Wrist and knee), too many concussions to count. Since I count 19 as a kid, my worst injury was getting smashed by hydraulics. Broke my scapula in 2, dislocated 6 ribs, punctured my right lung. I can still pull my left shoulder out of it's socket. 

I could keep going and might as I get more time to type.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

I fell on my bike and a bolt on the handlebars went into my leg.

I went to school, and in math class I stuck my finger into the hole through my jeans, and then into my leg and touched the bone.  

I went home, and poured hydrogen peroxide into the wound, and that was the painful part.

I rode the curb with my bike and crashed messed up my whole right side.

my right wrist was sore my hand was a wreck and my knee cap was bleeding and back had a couple of cuts.

The accedntly run into door frame in the crouch

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

I don't know if that does count

but when I was a stupid kid, I used to loosen articulations to attract people's attention

Now, I would have beaten, caged, constrained that kid (or just to be a good friend as long he doesn't loosen the fucking articulations)