Need to replace monitors. Not sure what to buy.

Volkamar

I've been running 1080p on a Dual Monitor setup via a GTX 1070 Founders Ed, however one my monitors has started to give up the ghost and I wish to repurpose the second for use in another room in my flat, and I am looking to purchase a replacement before it goes kaput completely. But I'm at a impasse on what I should be buying or looking for ideally. I've been fine on 1080p, but I'm curious if 1440p is something I should be looking into. Are Dual Monitor setups even still relevant in the age of Ultra-Wide and whatnot? I've been hearing about IPS but not sure what that is or if it's even relevant to me and my machine. Ideally i'd like to try and spend no more than £500 for the two, but if I can go cheaper without compromising anything important, then fantastic.

3 minutes ago, Volkamar said:

I've been running 1080p on a Dual Monitor setup via a GTX 1070 Founders Ed, however one my monitors has started to give up the ghost and I wish to repurpose the second for use in another room in my flat, and I am looking to purchase a replacement before it goes kaput completely. But I'm at a impasse on what I should be buying or looking for ideally. I've been fine on 1080p, but I'm curious if 1440p is something I should be looking into. Are Dual Monitor setups even still relevant in the age of Ultra-Wide and whatnot? I've been hearing about IPS but not sure what that is or if it's even relevant to me and my machine. Ideally i'd like to try and spend no more than £500 for the two, but if I can go cheaper without compromising anything important, then fantastic.

Problem is that even at 1440p, a high refresh rate monitor will be like all your budget remaining with about 90 euros.

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-gaming-monitors,4533.html Here is a list of the best monitors, you can choose ones you like. Most of them are going to blow your budget with 1 singular monitor.

Current Setup: PC

8 minutes ago, Volkamar said:

Ok here https://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-Monitor-Response-FreeSync-G27F-SA/dp/B08CMMMYXB. This is best monitor I think you could get with your budget. If buying 2, you will remain with about 150 euros.

Current Setup: PC