Artifacts possibily caused by GPU drivers

Nitrox_p0wered

Hello everyone,

Yesterday I left my PC running for a few hours when I was out, when I came back the logon screen would not appear (black screen). I restarted and the same issue persisted. I managed to get into safe mode and this did fix the issue, when in safe mode I reinstalled my graphics drivers as I thought this may have been the issue. After restarting again, I thought the issue was fixed but after around 2 minutes the screen went black again. So I went into safe mode again and installed older drivers, the exact same thing happened after 2 minutes. The next thing I tried was to disable all GPU drivers and use windows default (this is where my problems began).

I began seeing small lines all over my screen (image attached) and no matter what drivers I use they will not go away. Below is a list of fixes I have tried:

• Different PCIE slot
  • Different cables
  • Different monitors
  • Different drivers
  • Nvidia Software Cleanup Utility(this did fix it for a small amount of time but they reapppeared after restarting)

I contacted Nvidia about the issue and after lots of troubleshooting they advised me that it was hardware failure and the card should be RMA, I am very reluctant to do this as I believe this is some sort of software issue and not hardware failure, the reason I believe this is because some things I attempted did fix it for a small amount of time and also no artifacts appear in the BIOS menu (although they do appear on all the startup screens).

Another strange issue has now also occured (I don't know at what point this began) in that I cannot see my GPU in task manager or in any GPU info software and in the properites of my GPU in device manager it says "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)". Even Nvidia control panel does not detect that any GPU is connected.

Any assistance anyone can give to me on this issue would be much appreciated. Thanks

PXL_20210413_234154617.jpg

blue.jpg