Prism Wraith Cooler for 5800X/5700G?

I do not overclock, and having to invest in another cooler is a hassle. Will the Prism Wraith cooler suffice for a 5800X or a 5700G for big loads?

I already have an 3700X. I love my current CPU with a passion, and have no plans to upgrade. Just asking out of curiosity.

My rig was an Intel one before I switched to AMD. It was an i7-9700K, and I used an AIO because it can get really hot for some games. It's a lot of work having to dismantle and assemble for maintenance, and I don't feel like spending extra on an air cooler at the moment.

Depends on your case, room temp, etc. But generally it will get to the upper end of the temp spectrum. Expect 80-90°C under longer heavy loads. But as long as that's fine with you, it should be enough. (5800X)

The 5700G should be lower powered afaik.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

the 5800x doesn't come with a stock cooler. so unless you have a wraith prism already, i don't see the point in buying a wraith prism when for $10 more you can get an actually adequate cooler.

3 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

the 5800x doesn't come with a stock cooler. so unless you have a wraith prism already, i don't see the point in buying a wraith prism when for $10 more you can get an actually adequate cooler.

Seeing as the OP stated "investing in another cooler is a hassle", OP likely already has the prism. Otherwise i'd agree.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

49 minutes ago, Tomoki-san said:

I do not overclock, and having to invest in another cooler is a hassle. Will the Prism Wraith cooler suffice for a 5800X or a 5700G for big loads?

I already have an 3700X.

not sure whether an upgrade from 3700x to 5800x is worth it, though.

What GPU do you have,  and is there a reason you want to upgrade the CPU, seems not a great idea generally for a few % better performance while getting much higher temps? 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

11 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

What GPU do you have,  and is there a reason you want to upgrade the CPU, seems not a great idea generally for a few % better performance while getting much higher temps? 

RTX2070 Super. And yes you are right, it's not worth the upgrade.  I really love my current CPU, I don't see a reason to change. I'm just asking out of curiosity. My temps are around 50, but so far didn't reach 90C.

I had an Intel i7-9700K before I switched to Ryzen, and I used AIO because of its tendency to get hot at times. It's actually a lot of work assembling and dismantling the AIO, and I'm not really up to spending some money on another air cooler.

4 minutes ago, Tomoki-san said:

RTX2070 Super. And yes you are right, it's not worth the upgrade.  I really love my current CPU, I don't see a reason to change. I'm just asking out of curiosity. My temps are around 50, but so far didn't reach 90C.

I had an Intel i7-9700K before I switched to Ryzen, and I used AIO because of its tendency to get hot at times. It's actually a lot of work assembling and dismantling the AIO, and I'm not really up to spending some money on another air cooler.

3 hours ago, boggy77 said:

not sure whether an upgrade from 3700x to 5800x is worth it, though.

No I'm not upgrading it.