Gigabyte B550M-DS3H and Corsair Vengeance 16 LBX Running at 2133 mhz instead of 3200mhz "HELP"

Go to solution Solved by Analog,
14 minutes ago, Koppi10 said:

Hey all. Wondered if anyone could help me with a ram speed issue I'm having.

I have the Gigabyte B550M-DS3H motherboard and run the Corsair Vengeance 16 LBX kit (2x8GB sticks)

Enabling the XMP profile in the Bios come up as 3200mhz but still only show 2133mhz as actual running speed.

they appear to only be running at 2133mhz despite being 3200mhz editions. I tried the Thaiphoon Burner / Ryzen Dram calculator method to manually insert things but my motherboard wouldn't even boot after and I had to replace the cmos battery in order to just get things running again so obviously I did something wrong.

I've attached the output from Thaiphoon Burner and the screenshots from the Ryzen DRAM Calculator for Safe and Fast. Any help you could give me would be great as It's a shame having 3200mhz and only running so low with them. Thanks in advance.

Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3200C16.html 12.16 kB · 1 download

After enabling DOCP in the BIOS do you actually press F10 to save before exiting? If you do save the settings how is the next boot up? Do you get power cycles, like the computer is trying to start but isn't managing to do so?

Ryzen Calculator is more of a guideline and should be taken with a grain of salt. Putting in the correct values to begin with is also kind of a prerequisite as @Stahlmann has pointed out. Keep in mind that if you punch in the settings exactly as they are shown more often than not you motherboard will not be able to train the memory, especially when coming from 2133MHz to 3200MHz. You can just use the primary timing settings and leave everything else in auto. Most motherboards are smart enough to apply settings that will work. Another thing you can do is to try bringing up the clock speed gradually in steps while rebooting the computer and letting it boot up into Windows in the meantime. Meaning, don't jump from 2133MHz to 3200MHz directly. Instead, try to boot up with 2666MHz and maybe 2933MHz as well.

I have the Gigabyte B550M-DS3H motherboard and run the Corsair Vengeance 16 LBX kit (2x8GB sticks)

Enabling the XMP profile in the Bios come up as 3200mhz but still only show 2133mhz as actual running speed.

they appear to only be running at 2133mhz despite being 3200mhz editions. I tried the Thaiphoon Burner / Ryzen Dram calculator method to manually insert things but my motherboard wouldn't even boot after and I had to replace the cmos battery in order to just get things running again so obviously I did something wrong.

I've attached the output from Thaiphoon Burner and the screenshots from the Ryzen DRAM Calculator for Safe and Fast. Any help you could give me would be great as It's a shame having 3200mhz and only running so low with them. Thanks in advance.

Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3200C16.html

Screenshot 2021-04-14 094902.png

Screenshot 2021-04-14 094915.png

You didn't even use the correct settings for your setup

image.png.ecc755d264717ca53d90b8cf58d248d7.png

Processor can not be Zen1 when it's B550.

Corsair LPX is not Samsung B-Die Memory.

Your B550 Mobo is not B350/X370.

No wonder the timings DRAM calc is giving you don't work.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

14 minutes ago, Koppi10 said:

Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3200C16.html 12.16 kB · 1 download

After enabling DOCP in the BIOS do you actually press F10 to save before exiting? If you do save the settings how is the next boot up? Do you get power cycles, like the computer is trying to start but isn't managing to do so?

Ryzen Calculator is more of a guideline and should be taken with a grain of salt. Putting in the correct values to begin with is also kind of a prerequisite as @Stahlmann has pointed out. Keep in mind that if you punch in the settings exactly as they are shown more often than not you motherboard will not be able to train the memory, especially when coming from 2133MHz to 3200MHz. You can just use the primary timing settings and leave everything else in auto. Most motherboards are smart enough to apply settings that will work. Another thing you can do is to try bringing up the clock speed gradually in steps while rebooting the computer and letting it boot up into Windows in the meantime. Meaning, don't jump from 2133MHz to 3200MHz directly. Instead, try to boot up with 2666MHz and maybe 2933MHz as well.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

Hey again. Newbie errors around I know. I've built pcs for many years but very rarely have I had to dive in to ram speeds as upto now they have allo just kinda worked.

I stumbled on the solution though luckily. It appeared to be a voltage issue. The default XMP profile was only pumping through 1.2volts when it should have been 1.3volts so I changed Dram voltage and now it's running at full speed without issues. I'll leave this thread here in case others are having the same issue. thanks guys