MSI GeForce RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO 10G Discontinued!

Is there any news about the discontiued of the RTX 3080 Gaming x Trio?

My order by a retailer in The Netherlands just got canceled with the reason that msi has stopt the production...

Had been on a waitlist since november, so i'm a little bit pissed off and want to check if the vendor just want to sell the GPU's for the much higher price then that i have payed. (870€)

Here is the cancelation, it is in Dutch.

Beste klant,

Normaal is Megekko altijd de brenger van vrolijk en goed nieuws, dit maal is het helaas echter anders.

Naar aanleiding van je bestelling van het artikelnummer: 00292740 VGA MSI GeForce RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO 10G moeten wij je helaas mededelen dat de fabrikant heeft besloten deze niet meer te produceren.

Dit besluit ligt buiten onze macht. Hierdoor is levering van je product onmogelijk geworden en we zijn dan ook genoodzaakt je order te annuleren. We gaan uiteraard je aankoopbedrag zo spoedig mogelijk en uiterlijk binnen 3 werkdagen terugstorten.

Het aankoopbedrag wordt teruggestort via dezelfde betaalmethode waarmee je de bestelling hebt geplaatst.

Het spijt ons dat we het niet leuker kunnen maken en we begrijpen dat dit mogelijk een enorme teleurstelling voor je is.

We hopen je op deze wijze naar tevredenheid te hebben geïnformeerd.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Just got a email from alternate(the store where i pre ordered the msi x trio 3080).

email

As a result of your pre-order of the MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO 10G, we regret to inform you that the manufacturer has decided not to produce it anymore.

This decision, which is beyond our control, has made delivery of your product impossible. We are unfortunately forced to cancel your order for this product.

Just a heads up for the people looking for this card. 

Threads merged. Looks like everyone who pre-ordered is getting these emails.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

I ordered it for 800 euro. Im probably never gonna get a 3080 rip.

Does this mean the 3080 Ti is on its way?

CPU i7 14700K | CPU Cooler Noctua NH-U12A | Motherboard MSI Pro Z690-A | GPU Zotac Airo RTX 4080 | RAM 32 GB GSkill Ripjaws V 4400
Mhz |
 Monitor Alienware AW2721D / Gigabyte M28U | PSU ASUS ROG Strix 850G

Just now, Bobbysixjp said:

Does this mean the 3080 Ti is on its way?

It better be lol. prob not tho

I'd guess the Gaming X Trio line is just replaced with the Suprim X GPUs now, as Suprim X is new and it doesn't make sense to have 2 high-end product lines.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

I just got the same mail, damn that sucks. I was number 14 in the queue <.< One more delivery and I would've had it, crap.

I had bought itfor 800€ too, there's no chance of getting it for that price now, is there... fack.

After spending 6 months in a queue and being near the end of it, to getting a mail telling you "Hey, we just kinda pulled the plug on this" is pretty frustrating to say the least. It also seems like a strange move from MSI to cancel production on a product that probably has hundreds of open orders on it.

The cynic in me definitely feels like it's a move to push a more expensive product (whether it's a more premium version like the Suprim, or the upcoming of a TI version) instead of having to deliver products for a price that is now effectively less than half the market value.

Very peculiar move without any real explanation from MSI's side, which is sure to frustrate a lot of their customers. Especially if it is just a shitty move to capitalize on the insane price creeps.

I just came of the phone with Alternate, 

The same message unfortunately MSI is discontinuing the Gaming X Trio.

I didn't get any message from them except you're money is being returned

Directly made an account here to check out what's up.

I've been in line since November 20th 2020.

What a way to conduct business..

I have the same issue here with Megekko. Was in line for 6 months and I woke up to this. I also believe that they have been selling GPU's for higher prices even on their own website there are 3070gpu's listed for 1300 euros. I have been mailing them back and forth and the only thing they are doing is telling me that thry can't doe anything for these +-200 that have been waiting in line for so long. That just seems unreasonable to me when you can't even find an alternative option to at least help your customers.

8 hours ago, M3ss3m said:

Is there any news about the discontiued of the RTX 3080 Gaming x Trio?

My order by a retailer in The Netherlands just got canceled with the reason that msi has stopt the production...

Had been on a waitlist since november, so i'm a little bit pissed off and want to check if the vendor just want to sell the GPU's for the much higher price then that i have payed. (870€)

Here is the cancelation, it is in Dutch.

Is it possible to take leagal action ?

I also got the mail from alternate... Orderd it on september 26.  

Position 239 yesterday.

Its a shame. Could get it in oktober for 150 euro more. But thought nah dont need it right know. Lets be patient. 

Well it was a bad move... 

21 hours ago, Zemek said:

I also got the mail from alternate... Orderd it on september 26.  

Position 239 yesterday.

Its a shame. Could get it in oktober for 150 euro more. But thought nah dont need it right know. Lets be patient. 

Well it was a bad move... 

Exactly, that's the part that really frustrated me, I was thinking "Maybe I should just get a 3090 while they are still under 2000 euros" or "a 3070 while they're still under 800 euros" in January, but I was like; "just be patient, wait for your MSRP 3080" and now MSI does this, selling the semiconductors they ordered for our cards for the inflated price in the 3080 trio Z and 3080 trio PLUS (the revised model of the 3080 Trio X).

I was 440 in queue out of 660 something in October and was fine with waiting till Q1 2022 for my 3080, because I got the order in at MSRP.

I'll be damned if I spend as much money as is currently asked for the cards, I'll probably just end up skipping the whole 3000 series because of this, because by mid 2022 we'll probably already start seeing announcements for 40xx series GPUs....

Edited by Xeonzs
Added more ranting/whining

Don't let them get away with it. Start a class action against MSI and force them to deliver you a card of equal performance. Do not accept a refund. If nothing is done against these practices things will only get worse.

Let Megekko and Alternate know that if they do not support you in this you will make sure their reputation will be soiled.

Order Number: 5869146

Date ordered: 17/09/2020 22:47:58

Payment Method: Amazon_Payments

Shipping Method: DPD Next Day (Mon-Fri)

----------------------------------------------------------

Dear Joe Bowman,

It is with regret that we need to inform you that MSI has decided to stop manufacturing the RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio graphics card. This is deeply upsetting for us as we know it will cause great upset amongst our customers who have waited so long to receive delivery.

MSI has informed us that there will be no support to upgrade customers to an alternative product. We therefore have no option other than to refund your order. This is a time consuming process that will be completed as soon as possible during the next week.

We kindly ask that you do not contact our customer service team regarding this topic. It is a global issue and sadly we are unable to change this unfortunate situation.

Kind regards

Overclockers UK

I really feel cheated here...

I am also one of many who feel cheated. 

So I have been thinking about it. Is it not wierd that the they first sneaked Z into the market. And it sure looks like that fixed a faulty plastic backplate on X and by using a metal plate instead on Z. And trying to cover it by  raising the boost clock 15MHz. Sure looks like a way to fix 2 problems for me: "cheap" cards they haven't been able to deliver and a faulty backplate on X. Now they can surely sell cards for alot more and earn more.

On a forum someone asked a question to "my" shop on this topic, they informed us waiting on the X that the Z would not replace X. He recently actually explained that the northeuropean manager had said (on 18 of march) that X is still alive and Z just enters above in their production mix. Then right before easter they got told that X would discontinue. My shop said they tried for two weeks to fix some kind om deal for the 200+ customers waiting. But MSI wouldn't come to any agreement.

And now, which I think is even more speaking, MSI is just keeping silent. I asked MSI just before this, and they just pointed my questions to my shop. So they just throw us under the bus and sweep it under the rug. After supporting MSI by choosing their card, and lending money for months. Then we get NOTHING for it??? Money back and if we want we can try our luck on a card that cost 50-60% more?? Not even an offer to buy a Z for a little bit cheaper price? 

I say we do something, at least to make a statement. I'm sure MSI just care about money and not this, but I signed this today anyway. But can we make MSI see it anyway at least, Not just stomp on us?! http://chng.it/sBtN5H4YwN

Sorry to hear about this, guys. MSI has been pretty much of a douche of a company as of late leaving guys like you waiting for months just to stick the middle finger at you. I'd suggest that, if you wanna get GPUs from either AMD or nVidia, stick with their exlusive AIB partners (AMD - PowerColor, XFX, Sapphire and nVidia - Palit, eVGA, Colorful, Leadtek, etc) and avoid the big three, namely MSI, Gigabyte and Asus.

Just to emphasize that I walk the walk as well, see the three GPUs in my sig, all are from exclusive AIB's and all are running perfectly fine, these AIB partners don't pull any shenanigan like MSI (and perhaps the other two big names).

I sometimes wonder at the quality of the cards as well, for example, I had 2x Gigabyte Vega64 Gaming OC and 1x PowerColor Vega64 Red Devil. The reason why I've not listed the GB Vega 64's is because, both died on me (within months of each other) and not long AFTER the warranty period to boot.

Meanwhile, my Red Devil Vega64 is still going strong (actually it's my 2nd card, first Red Devil was faulty and I had it RMA'ed, TUL Corp replaced the faulty card).....I'd understand that IF one my my GB Vega64 had died, I'd put it to just luck. But to have both die within months of each other is simply not acceptable. Hence, I'd only buy exclusive AIB cards from both companies.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

16 hours ago, DissapointedMan123 said:

MSI has informed us that there will be no support to upgrade customers to an alternative product. We therefore have no option other than to refund your order.

I really feel cheated here...

This is what pisses me off the most about this whole debacle, MSI literally give no shits about us, 5 months, almost 6 months I've been patiently waiting like many of us and then they don't even set up a program to change standing order to the Z or give us an option buy the Z with a discount for our loyalty at minimum, nothing...

Edited by Xeonzs
Removed somewhat nonsensical paragraph

On 4/16/2021 at 10:07 PM, LordPeyer said:

I am also one of many who feel cheated. 

So I have been thinking about it. Is it not wierd that the they first sneaked Z into the market. And it sure looks like that fixed a faulty plastic backplate on X and by using a metal plate instead on Z. And trying to cover it by  raising the boost clock 15MHz. Sure looks like a way to fix 2 problems for me: "cheap" cards they haven't been able to deliver and a faulty backplate on X. Now they can surely sell cards for alot more and earn more.

On a forum someone asked a question to "my" shop on this topic, they informed us waiting on the X that the Z would not replace X. He recently actually explained that the northeuropean manager had said (on 18 of march) that X is still alive and Z just enters above in their production mix. Then right before easter they got told that X would discontinue. My shop said they tried for two weeks to fix some kind om deal for the 200+ customers waiting. But MSI wouldn't come to any agreement.

And now, which I think is even more speaking, MSI is just keeping silent. I asked MSI just before this, and they just pointed my questions to my shop. So they just throw us under the bus and sweep it under the rug. After supporting MSI by choosing their card, and lending money for months. Then we get NOTHING for it??? Money back and if we want we can try our luck on a card that cost 50-60% more?? Not even an offer to buy a Z for a little bit cheaper price? 

I say we do something, at least to make a statement. I'm sure MSI just care about money and not this, but I signed this today anyway. But can we make MSI see it anyway at least, Not just stomp on us?! http://chng.it/sBtN5H4YwN

Just signed this and have sent it off to others, unfortunately change.org doesn't tend to do anything, In the mean time my half broken 970 will have to make do

I cant help but feel for certain retailers too, especially the smaller ones. It's such a shitty thing to do. Guess It's gonna have to wait for the 40series or I wonder if they'll release the 3080ti one things for sure, I will not be going with MSI. Unless we as a community can band together or something idk if theres anything that can be done about this. Also can only imagine that the next few launches may be the same until the silicone shortage subsides. Sad time to be a gamer. Anyway much love to this community