some suggestion/help to see if is worth

Budget (including currency):  900~1000 U$  (6000~7000 R$ [brazilian real]), maybe a little more if i sell my organs   bargain

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Most non-terror, moba or battle royale games, i'm playing more BL3 right now, but i woud definitely like to play Flight Sim, Forza H4, RDR2, FF15, and some others interesting games | Programs like the adobe line-up and OBS| it will be used for streaming/editing

Other details 

Hi, how are u doing

this is my current setup:

GPU: gtx 750ti 2gb

Motherboard: Intel H81

CPU: intel i5 4460

RAM: 2x8gb 1600MHz 

PSU: 500w

I wonder if it is reasonable/worth to improve my gpu to a more high end one, like the 3000 series; even the 2000 series

and just wanna at the moment to improve my gpu status, 'cause i think that's what is holding me the most (fell free to correct me)

i can still find some of those gpu around and i'm willing to pay

but i fear that the bottleneck will be to high to enjoy, i know i will have some, but if i can play kinda smoothly, i'm happy

my goal at the moment is 1080p gaming (full max or kinda max) and in the future change to 1440p (with a new MB and CPU, same [new] GPU)

i know how is the situation of gpus right now and i want to kind of hold on, until it improves and at the same time invest in the future

and i kind of in the middle of, just have enough money to by a GPU and far to buy a pre-build 

so i asking, what i can do?; what i have to do?; what is the changes?; should i change?; 

please enlighten me 🙂

6 minutes ago, Max L said:

one word for the gpu 1660ti

Bold of you to assume it’s not twice msrp

9 minutes ago, Max L said:

one word for the gpu 1660ti

i found a 2060 for more or less 90U$ (500R$) more instead of a 1660 super (didn't find a 1660ti 😞 )

just for scale - a 1660 super is right now, + - 770 U$ (4400 R$)

7 minutes ago, Mateus_Cold said:

i found a 2060 for more or less 90U$ (500R$) more instead of a 1660 super (didn't find a 1660ti 😞 )

just for scale - a 1660 super is right now, + - 770 U$ (4400 R$)

I know but are you gonna build it now? or no?

11 minutes ago, Max L said:

I know but are you gonna build it now? or no?

i have the money and i just looking online, if i should, u know, becase is a HUGE investment for me

i just wanna see if, "that its i gonna do it" or " i can live a more stress-free life, without worrying about bill for the next few months"

and i admit, i'm more willing to buy,

but i will not do if is real a BAD BAD idea, that why im asking experts, i want to deepen myself in information

and why the A GPU is better then B GPU, for my case, and yara yara

2 minutes ago, Mateus_Cold said:

i have the money and i just looking online, if i should, u know, becase is a HUGE investment for me

i just wanna see if, "that its i gonna do it" or " i can live a more stress-free life, without worrying about bill for the next few months"

and i admit, i'm more willing to buy,

but i will not do if is real a BAD BAD idea, that why im asking experts, i want to deepen myself in information

Uh, is buying this PC will not make you live a strees-free live and will make you not be able to pay some bills in the next few months? If so, then don't buy the PC.

Main Rig :

Ryzen 7 2700X | Powercolor Red Devil RX 580 8 GB | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 | 16 GB TeamGroup Elite 2400MHz | Samsung 750 EVO 240 GB | HGST 7200 RPM 1 TB | Seasonic M12II EVO | CoolerMaster Q300L | Dell U2518D | Dell P2217H | 

Laptop :

Thinkpad X230 | i5 3320M | 8 GB DDR3 | V-Gen 128 GB SSD |

8 minutes ago, Fatih19 said:

Uh, is buying this PC will not make you live a strees-free live and will make you not be able to pay some bills in the next few months? If so, then don't buy the PC.

xdxdxd, i was just more of a dramatization, i know how to manage money, it's just that i would focus on other things not related to computers

and i'm just afraid that it won't be as "cheap" as it is now, and we know that this situation will get worse

and i'm very sad with my gpu right now, she had a happy life already, is time to move on

First of all, wait until the GPU shortage is over, second, this is a little over if we consider the average price of the GPU before the shortage, which was about $350--$450, but since its and RTX card, its worth the little extra bit (BTW all is in USD).

1 minute ago, thejackel said:

First of all, wait until the GPU shortage is over, second, this is a little over if we consider the average price of the GPU before the shortage, which was about $350--$450, but since its and RTX card, its worth the little extra bit (BTW all is in USD).

I don't suggest that case it doesn't have good Airflow I suggest a Phanteks case.

do u think that i shoud invest in AOI? instead of the cpu default cooler 

1 minute ago, Mateus_Cold said:

do u think that i shoud invest in AOI? instead of the cpu default cooler 

depends on CPU. the wraith stealth with ryzens' is pretty good about until the Ryzen 7 in 3rd gen. but i think you should stick with a Ryzen 5 3600 anyway so no, its just extra cost.

i have some devices that are usb-c, should i look for a case with those entrances or the are just more extra cost and its no worth the trouble right now 

4 minutes ago, Mateus_Cold said:

i have some devices that are usb-c, should i look for a case with those entrances or the are just more extra cost and its no worth the trouble right now 

tbh, it is great to have usb c on the front usb, but you're just paying for more to get more, so a good investment is a usb c hub, but if it has a few usb c front pannel ports, great!

man i sad now hahahaha

i am looking for this setup here im my country and u can't have it, unless u pay 10k in my currency  

with is like, a little above the double (in bidens), i wish to be living in the north hemisphere 

thats my dilema, even if i import it, it can fall through customs and raise the price even more

but this is already a HUGE help

that why i reluctant on just buying the gpu and psu (becase will be needed) or go with my work in this setup ( which is heavily influenciable by my pc, and i need some more "muscle" for some heavy stuffs and renders)

15 minutes ago, Mateus_Cold said:

man i sad now hahahaha

i am looking for this setup here im my country and u can't have it, unless u pay 10k in my currency  

with is like, a little above the double (in bidens), i wish to be living in the north hemisphere 

thats my dilema, even if i import it, it can fall through customs and raise the price even more

but this is already a HUGE help

that why i reluctant on just buying the gpu and psu (becase will be needed) or go with my work in this setup ( which is heavily influenciable by my pc, and i need some more "muscle" for some heavy stuffs and renders)

RIP

1 hour ago, Mateus_Cold said:

Budget (including currency):  900~1000 U$  (6000~7000 R$ [brazilian real]), maybe a little more if i sell my organs   bargain

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Most non-terror, moba or battle royale games, i'm playing more BL3 right now, but i woud definitely like to play Flight Sim, Forza H4, RDR2, FF15, and some others interesting games | Programs like the adobe line-up and OBS| it will be used for streaming/editing

Other details 

Hi, how are u doing

this is my current setup:

GPU: gtx 750ti 2gb

Motherboard: Intel H81

CPU: intel i5 4460

RAM: 2x8gb 1600MHz 

PSU: 500w

I wonder if it is reasonable/worth to improve my gpu to a more high end one, like the 3000 series; even the 2000 series

and just wanna at the moment to improve my gpu status, 'cause i think that's what is holding me the most (fell free to correct me)

i can still find some of those gpu around and i'm willing to pay

but i fear that the bottleneck will be to high to enjoy, i know i will have some, but if i can play kinda smoothly, i'm happy

my goal at the moment is 1080p gaming (full max or kinda max) and in the future change to 1440p (with a new MB and CPU, same [new] GPU)

i know how is the situation of gpus right now and i want to kind of hold on, until it improves and at the same time invest in the future

and i kind of in the middle of, just have enough money to by a GPU and far to buy a pre-build 

so i asking, what i can do?; what i have to do?; what is the changes?; should i change?; 

please enlighten me 🙂

maybe a 2060 super and you should upgrade your cpu good luck finding a gpu at msrp and you should minimal get a 2666 mhz ram w/ 16gb

As most of people suggested, you should wait more before buying a new gpu, because right now prices are crazy but there's a little pro move that you can do; when the boom of cryptocurrencies will slow down/implode there will be tons of cryptominers with tons of useless cards and they will want to sell them off as fast as they'll be able (also to get more money), in this process us gamers/creators will find many used gpus (if it happens on summer they will be used but quite young) and at low prices, we can't really know when it will happen or how good will be the deals but keep that in mind, it happened in the past and will happen again soon.

1 minute ago, christoplayz said:

maybe a 2060 super and you should upgrade your cpu good luck finding a gpu at msrp and you should minimal get a 2666 mhz ram w/ 16gb

should i just buy the gpu now? and upgrade my setup little by little later

and my MB cant go to 2666 right now, its ddr3

if i wewe to full upgrade the setup the @thejackel show, likely it will be the chose one

1 minute ago, InertEvening67 said:

As most of people suggested, you should wait more before buying a new gpu, because right now prices are crazy but there's a little pro move that you can do; when the boom of cryptocurrencies will slow down/implode there will be tons of cryptominers with tons of useless cards and they will want to sell them off as fast as they'll be able (also to get more money), in this process us gamers/creators will find many used gpus (if it happens on summer they will be used but quite young) and at low prices, we can't really know when it will happen or how good will be the deals but keep that in mind, it happened in the past and will happen again soon.

thx, i thing i will wait a little more, its just frustrating, i'll leave it to the end of the month as the final goal to see if i decide to buy right now or not

we have valentine's day in june, maybe i can get some promo 

but, what would happen if i just throw a gpu in my current setup?

i will be bad, goodsh or ok

24 minutes ago, Mateus_Cold said:

should i just buy the gpu now? and upgrade my setup little by little later

and my MB cant go to 2666 right now, its ddr3

if i wewe to full upgrade the setup the @thejackel show, likely it will be the chose one

wait a while then get a 2060

1 minute ago, Mateus_Cold said:

but, what would happen if i just throw a gpu in my current setup?

i will be bad, goodsh or ok

I don't know, I feel like you should upgrade some parts before throwing in a graphics card, if you plan on getting a 30 series gpu you'll have to upgrade almost everything, maybe you can hold a 1080/1080ti (without bottlenecks) but don't expect to run an rtx card (without bottlenecks), I feel like you could buy a new gpu if you found one at MSRP but you would get like only a portion of the real performances with hard bottlenecks, I suggest you to create and follow an upgrade path to remodern your pc, consider also building a completely new one if you have the budget for.