GPU for Budget System (under $1000 system)

TalkyRaptor
Go to solution Solved by SorryBella,

By the time market normalize, 3060Ti should be at your budget if you have an income, so thats where i would go for. But i would go for 550 or even 600 instead of 500W PSU.

I am building a budget ATX system for 1080p gaming. I am going to buy a GPU after the prices fix themselves but want to know if I should go for a high end 2060, low end 2070, or a 3060? Here are my specs:

MB: ASRock H470 or B560 steel legend
CPU: core i5-11400

RAM: teamgroup T-Force Vulcan Z 8x2gb 3200 MHz

GPU:?

PSU: EVGA 500w 80+ Bronze

Case: Montech Air X black

Storage: 512gb SSD

Cooler: Thermaltake UX100

By the time market normalize, 3060Ti should be at your budget if you have an income, so thats where i would go for. But i would go for 550 or even 600 instead of 500W PSU.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

3 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

Okay but I looked into a couple calculators for psu and I thought 500w would have been good. Is this true as there will be no OC? I probably just put the money into it anyways for upgrades at a later date.

Try going for a 600w PSU imho. And if you want to build the PC right now, try coping an RX570 or GTX 1060. Managed to get an RX570 4GB ROG STRIX one for $190 (US) and now just waiting for GPU prices to drop

1 hour ago, EKWorks said:

Try going for a 600w PSU imho. And if you want to build the PC right now, try coping an RX570 or GTX 1060. Managed to get an RX570 4GB ROG STRIX one for $190 (US) and now just waiting for GPU prices to drop

A friend has a ton of RX 580s that he would sell to me for $200 usd per or I am just going to use the integrated gpu until prices drop. Would an Antec 550w 80+ Bronze PSU work?

1 hour ago, TalkyRaptor said:

A friend has a ton of RX 580s that he would sell to me for $200 usd per or I am just going to use the integrated gpu until prices drop. Would an Antec 550w 80+ Bronze PSU work?

On current market this doesn't seem like a bad price, but you can try to get one for like 150 usd used if you're lucky. More than enough for 1080p.