Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What game(s) is your guilty pleasure?

My guilty pleasure games are osu, rainbow six siege, csgo, and some others i cant think of. 

Right now, Destroy All Humans. I just love throwing cows at tanks.

CPU: i7-4790k MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Gene RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X63 w/ Noctua NF-A14s 

GPU: Asus Strix GTX-980 Case: Corsair 350D PSU: Corsair AX-760i Storage: 2 x 500GB Evo RAID0 + 2 x 8TB WD Red's in RAID1 

Cutesy mostly unchallenging platformers, sometimes it's good to take a break from gory ir difficult games.

Games with negative reception. Rogue Warrior was decent for $5. 

Desktop: 7700k @ stock, 32gb ddr4 @ 3000, 1080Ti, Maximus IX Hero.

Laptop 1: Asus Zephyrus 701 - i7-9750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 2070 RTX

Laptop 2: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

4 hours ago, Real_PhillBert said:

Right now, Destroy All Humans. I just love throwing cows at tanks.

I've heard of it. Though I never played it before. Guessing by your 7 word description its worth checking out?

Chrono Trigger

Cult classic. Composed by the "dream team" during the 'golden era' of jRPGs. The characters look like Dragon Ball Z for a reason FYI... same guy, Akira Toriyama did character design. The music score is also amazing (girlfriend approved BEFORE she met me and she doesn't like videogames). Story is solid and a lot of things first started in Chrono Trigger (New Game+ is a CT innovation for example). Some things in the game might feel like tropes... many of those tropes were done for the first time in CT with other titles emulating. 

R9 3900x; 64GB RAM | RTX 2080 | 1.5TB Optane P4800x

1TB ADATA XPG Pro 8200 SSD | 2TB Micron 1100 SSD
HD800 + SCHIIT VALI | Topre Realforce Keyboard

37 minutes ago, comander said:

Chrono Trigger

Cult classic. Composed by the "dream team" during the 'golden era' of jRPGs. The characters look like Dragon Ball Z for a reason FYI... same guy, Akira Toriyama did character design. The music score is also amazing (girlfriend approved BEFORE she met me and she doesn't like videogames). Story is solid and a lot of things first started in Chrono Trigger (New Game+ is a CT innovation for example). Some things in the game might feel like tropes... many of those tropes were done for the first time in CT with other titles emulating. 

How's that a guilty pleasure? It's a game loved by so many people.

CPU: Intel i5 3550           | Cooler: Corsair A50          | Motherboard: Asus P8Z77      | Storage: Crucial MX200 250GB |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB   | GPU: GTX 1650                | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)  | PSU: EVGA 650W G2            |

Afterparty. It's an adventure game with talking as the core mechanic where your characters are thrown into hell after an accident and you have to find a way to get out. But it's a much worse title compared to the previous game, Oxenfree, released by the developer.

Main Rig :

Ryzen 7 2700X | Powercolor Red Devil RX 580 8 GB | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 | 16 GB TeamGroup Elite 2400MHz | Samsung 750 EVO 240 GB | HGST 7200 RPM 1 TB | Seasonic M12II EVO | CoolerMaster Q300L | Dell U2518D | Dell P2217H | 

Laptop :

Thinkpad X230 | i5 3320M | 8 GB DDR3 | V-Gen 128 GB SSD |

13 minutes ago, Gale said:

How's that a guilty pleasure? It's a game loved by so many people.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrono_(series)#Reception

Chrono Trigger sold more than 2.36 million copies in Japan and 290,000 abroad

The original release only did 290k international sales.

If the target audience was ~2B people (US, Europe, Latam) then around 1/10,000 people got the game.

$60 for the game. $20 on the cartridge, $20 to the retailer $5 on shipping and logistics... $15 for the publisher. 

4.35M "profit" - before taking into account localization costs (translators don't work for free, nor do programmers - 20 employee years is about 4.5M so... releasing outside of Japan was a wash financially). The game was more or less a commercial flop... though the mobile sales did better. 

Though this admitedly doesn't consider releases or people downloading it illegally. I legally purchased the SNES game (which someone stole from me), the PSX port (still have the disc) and I bought a copy for my phone. I will not comment on whether or not I fiddled with roms. I've played the heck out of the game though. Currently have every character at L99, with full speed and magic. 

R9 3900x; 64GB RAM | RTX 2080 | 1.5TB Optane P4800x

1TB ADATA XPG Pro 8200 SSD | 2TB Micron 1100 SSD
HD800 + SCHIIT VALI | Topre Realforce Keyboard

3 minutes ago, comander said:

If the target audience was ~2B people (US, Europe, Latam) then around 1/10,000 people got the game.

$60 for the game. $20 on the cartridge, $20 to the retailer $5 on shipping and logistics... $15 for the publisher. 

4.35M "profit" - before taking into account localization costs (translators don't work for free, nor do programmers - 20 employee years is about 4.5M so... releasing outside of Japan was a wash financially). The game was more or less a commercial flop... though the mobile sales did better. 

Though this admitedly doesn't consider releases or people downloading it illegally. I legally purchased the SNES game (which someone stole from me), the PSX port (still have the disc) and I bought a copy for my phone. I will not comment on whether or not I fiddled with roms. I've played the heck out of the game though. Currently have every character at L99, with full speed and magic. 

That's not a guilty pleasure. The game is good it's just wasn't profitable.

Main Rig :

Ryzen 7 2700X | Powercolor Red Devil RX 580 8 GB | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 | 16 GB TeamGroup Elite 2400MHz | Samsung 750 EVO 240 GB | HGST 7200 RPM 1 TB | Seasonic M12II EVO | CoolerMaster Q300L | Dell U2518D | Dell P2217H | 

Laptop :

The first three Harry Potter games on the PS2 and Xbox. I discovered them rather late, but I think they're surprisingly good for movie-tie-in games, but as games they're pretty terrible.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Seems a lot of people here (OP included) don't really know what a guilty please actually is, it doesn't just mean something you enjoy

Something, such as a film, television programme, or piece of music, that one enjoys despite feeling that it is not generally held in high regard.

9 hours ago, clonebohm said:

osu, rainbow six siege, csgo

Osu is niche but very popular among people who know what it is

R6S and CSGO are both in the top 10 of the steam charts

4 hours ago, comander said:

one of the most highly regarded JRPGs and constantly topping the "best" JRPG lists?

🌲🌲🌲

Judge the product by its own merits, not by the Company that created it.

Don't dilute <good thing> by always trying to focus on, and drag conversation back to, <bad thing>.

🌲🌲🌲

COD ghosts

don't know if everyone still hates it, but I remember it received major hate when it came out.

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

1 minute ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

COD ghosts

don't know if everyone still hates it, but I remember it received major hate when it came out.

it was my first COD, I know it's shameful and bla bla bla but I enjoyed a lot both campaign and multiplayer (split screen with my best friend)

10 hours ago, clonebohm said:

What game(s) is your guilty pleasure?

How does one define "guilty pleasure?" I don't know if I have any as I don't really know what it means.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

My guilty pleasure is "Siege of Avalon".

It's an old RPG from 2000 that didn't do well and has pretty much been forgotten only months after release. It's one of my favourite games. And is still play through it every few months. It's also the only reason why i still have a USB CD-drive. I even found a small little forum about the game a while back with a few people that still play the game and even created a userpatch to fix the few bugs the devs never adressed. Other than my older brother who also loves the game everyone i showed it to thought it was boring or plain bad. I guess that qualifies it as a "guilty pleasure".

Dislaimer: If my post is older than 5 minutes, refresh the page. Most of my posts get edited straight away. 😄

PSU Tier List          AMD Motherboard Tier List          SSD Tier List

Current Specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X - Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix B550-E - GPU: PNY RTX 3080 XLR8 Epic-X - RAM: 4x8GB (32GB) G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3600MHz CL16 - PSU: Corsair RMx (2018) 850W - Storage: 500 GB Corsair MP600 (Boot) + 2 TB Sabrent Rocket Q (Storage) - Cooling: EK, HW Labs & Alphacool custom loop - Case: Lian-Li PC O11 Dynamic - Fans: 6x Noctua NF-A12x25 - AMP/DAC: FiiO K5 Pro - OS: Windows 10 Pro - Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG35VQ - Mouse: Logitech G Pro + Powerplay - Keyboard: Logitech G915 - Headphones: Beyerdynamic Amiron Home - Microphone: Antlion ModMic

Temperatures @steady state: Furmark + CinebenchR23 running for 1 hour. Fans @850RPM. Pump @1600RPM.

Water: 37°C

CPU: 73°C

GPU: 54°C

Another guilty pleasure of mine is 'Life is Strange'. I watched plenty of videos explaining the game's major flaws and pitfalls, and I agree with all of them. In addition, the main characters are a lot like tumblrites, which I despise. Yet I can't help but like the game.

Main Rig :

Laptop :

10 hours ago, clonebohm said:

I've heard of it. Though I never played it before. Guessing by your 7 word description its worth checking out?

I think so. It's a bit older game now, but they just released a remastered version on steam last year, and my nostalgia made me do it. 

You play as an alien invading earth in a super cliche 1950s world. Lots of dumb humor. 

Destroy All Humans! | PC | CDKeys

CPU: i7-4790k MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Gene RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X63 w/ Noctua NF-A14s 

GPU: Asus Strix GTX-980 Case: Corsair 350D PSU: Corsair AX-760i Storage: 2 x 500GB Evo RAID0 + 2 x 8TB WD Red's in RAID1 

Company of heroes 2

Sudo make me a sandwich 

For some reason, Crossout is a game I just can't stop playing. There's something fun about the totally unrealistic weapons.

Is it plugged in? Is it turned on? Are you sure? No, really. 

I don't really have games I consider a guilty pleasure. At some level, you could feel guilt about all games, as they are 'not productive' or something.

That is what I try to avoid though, feeling guilty about playing a certain game.

If we're talking what are games I like to play, which are generally considered 'silly'/'bad'/etc. though, I have a couple.

I like playing Call of Duty games sometimes, particularly the ones with Zombies in it. It's a bit of mindless fun to me. Same with some Sonic games, which I consider lots of fun.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

11 hours ago, comander said:

Sadly there was no PAL release for SNES. We didn't get it until the DS port. Still have never played it, though I must some time.

On the SNES theme, my guilty pleasure is Hebereke's Popoon. Released in the EU, but not the US. It's like Dr Mario, just 200% more Japanese and 600% madder. Not many carts about, but pretty cheap when you do find them.  

Postal 2. 
Not 100% a guilty pleasure. But its as close as i can get i guess

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

3 hours ago, minibois said:

I don't really have games I consider a guilty pleasure. At some level, you could feel guilt about all games, as they are 'not productive' or something.

That is what I try to avoid though, feeling guilty about playing a certain game.

If we're talking what are games I like to play, which are generally considered 'silly'/'bad'/etc. though, I have a couple.

I like playing Call of Duty games sometimes, particularly the ones with Zombies in it. It's a bit of mindless fun to me. Same with some Sonic games, which I consider lots of fun.

Once you try Combat Arms, you will get hooked

Clash of Clans as well

Random Things to Think About:

1. Remember that the Internet is full of "That Guy Says": Do your research

2. Heat Kills Electronics: Fan not working on cpu? Lots of heat and maybe some Electronic Burning Odor.

3. Being a Moderator on any website, is a Thankless Job

I have never played it (as I don't own it and don't know anyone personally who does), but Dream Daddy is quite...alluring, despite it's reputation, lol.