Router dropping Internet but not Network itself

bartolo1988

I have been having an issue with my Internet since I moved into my current house. I currently have a D-Link DIR3040 router and a Technicolor TC4400 modem. My ISP is Start.ca. I replaced my modem from a Hitron 3 weeks ago and my speeds have increased from around 60mbps to now 250mbps. My internet has been dropping quite a bit lately, couple of times a day. It just went down again and called my ISP to see what the issue could be. I hadn't tried unplugging just the router but we did that and my internet came back once the router turned back on. I haven't done factory reset or anything yet, but am wondering if that might be what fixes my problem, or it might be something else.

Update: It appears that my connection coming into my modem is dropping. When it comes back though I have to unplug/plug my ethernet cable to get the connection to my router to come back. 

11 minutes ago, bartolo1988 said:

Update: It appears that my connection coming into my modem is dropping. When it comes back though I have to unplug/plug my ethernet cable to get the connection to my router to come back. 

Sounds like an issue that your ISP has to sort out if the connection is dropping at the modem.