Drawing setup, standalone tablet or laptop/drawing pad?

kylerit

Budget (including currency): $1100 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Mainly drawing applications. I will likely need to purchase some drawing-related software

Other details: We will need a drawing pen and a wireless keyboard as well. This setup will be a gift for my wife. While she is a beginner in the world electronic drawing, I do want to get her something capable of running what she needs without much fuss. From what I could tell, 8GB of RAM is fine but I would like 16 GB to be safe. I also read that ~3GHz would be plenty for this kind of workload, but again we have no hands-on experience will how much power this kind of software will require. Portability is a + but my biggest concern is getting quality hardware that will get the job done well.

I was looking at a Microsoft Pro 7, but the only one priced within my budget is a 1.1GHz i5 with 8GB RAM and 126GB SSD, which I'm worried may not be enough. Alternatively, my only other options for a nice setup looks like a decent laptop and a separate drawing pad that will connect to the laptop.

This is way out of my area of knowledge so I would greatly appreciate it if any anyone that can point me in the right direction.

Thanks!