This Epic Studio Tour Almost Killed Me!! (Sponsored)

JonoT

Thanks to AnkerWork for sponsoring this video! Get an early bird discount on the PowerConf C300 webcam and their new line of office products at US: http://ankerfast.club/LTTUS
UK: http://ankerfast.club/LTTUK
DE: http://ankerfast.club/LTTDE

The Linus Media Group team has been expanding a lot in the past few years, and with it so has our office! Linus is here to show you all around and see what's been happening behind the scenes.

new studio tour for mortal non- floatplane users. yay

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

was something smoking hot? since linus got red eyes?

Maybe he finally got RGB eyes without us knowing and becoming a cyborg after the epic tour almost killed him?

hmmm... please don't destroy us Cyberlinus-sama

image.png.de65a3c75720bd358cedd6798c85fd5e.png

Did you guys do a video on Ubiquiti's Access line?

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

Yeah, I noticed a bit of your renovations in an earlier video, so thank you for doing a full tour-refresher.

Some of us might welcome your list of equipment, at least in the workshop.

The biggest thing I have to take away from this is, "so we can do proper mixing and stuff."
I hope this means that we will finally get good consistent sound levels for once, and hopefully some better ambiance. (Ambiance as in how the sound is colored by the room and mimicing a room one doesn't actually have, etc, or doing proper voice overs that sounds like they are in the same room and so on, not as in "background sound".) Though, would be interesting to see a tour of the sound equipment. Since sound is honestly as wide of a topic as cameras. One can't just toss in a lapel/shotgun mic and call it a day. (firstly since a lapel mic is just a form factor, not a microphone type. And secondly, a shotgun is abhorrent in a lot of applications, can people please stop using these as the go to mic for everything.... A cardioid is honestly better, but worse in some aspects.)

Seems like the studio has grown quite a bit, though I am curious to if there has been any work on reducing sound between sets. So that more things can be done in parallel. I would recommend using some dense fabric, like some velvet, it is typically used for stage curtains as to minimize both echos, and also to block sound from existing the stage during prep work between sets.

To a degree, it seems silly to let that many high end cameras just sit around the place at night. But having a safe that is large enough to handle the cameras in a fully rigged stage would be silly when one considers the literal warehouse of computer parts that likely ends up even more expensive in comparison. Not to mention the computers, lighting equipment, and everything else... I understand why you don't bother about a safe for the cameras, hiding away them and not everything else doesn't make much sense.

With all the expanding going on the last couple of years I am starting to expect that in the next studio tour LMG will own the neighboring building as well.
Though, last I checked on google maps, someone did demolished the building on the other side of the parking lot....

Don't know what I like more, the Madison video making it up on the wall, or someone making an executive decision to exclude the firetruck video from the running (how could you?).

I wonder if LTT plans to address the Ubiquiti issue recently?

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

Would love to see a map/minimap of the office
Maybe do it next time

Please keep in mind:

I may be stupid.

Do you do your own subtitles?

Because for some reason there are a few errors in every video I've seen so far.

GPU Names, Incorrect RAM Sizes, and now TechClint?

18 minutes ago, theodord said:

Do you do your own subtitles?

Because for some reason there are a few errors in every video I've seen so far.

GPU Names, Incorrect RAM Sizes, and now TechClint?

Can you DM me the time stamps? I want to check it out and correct it! 

Thanks 🙂

6 minutes ago, The Spectator said:

Are those 3d-printed cpu storage bins publicly available?

Better question is if they are printed in regular filament or an ESD "safe" one.

ESD "safe" filaments are a tiny bit conductive to slowly discharge any static charge from accumulating over time. It tends to not be a major issue to be fair, but electrostatic charge can build up in a somewhat dry environment where there is air moving about. Or in areas where plastics are rubbing against each other, among other sources. And static chare can also "jump", ie slowly wander from one charged surface over to another.

In short, a device that is laying on top of an insulated surface can accumulate charge over time, and then when one comes over to pick it up, one can rapidly discharge it and kill it in the worst case. This is though more problematic for things that are actually ESD sensitive, like laser diodes, discrete FETs, and a few other components. I wouldn't worry about large things like CPUs, RAM, and such, they typically have ESD protection built in. (something discrete components rarely have.)

In case one doesn't want to fiddle with ESD rated filament, then wood is also an alternative.

But to be fair, a CPU, RAM, M.2, etc storage bin is generally just a rectangular cutout in a block. Shouldn't take more than a minute to modell.
(I myself though just uses ESD rated foam, have far too much of it to be fair, that is if the component doesn't fit in the many different trays and tubes I have laying about.)

I'd also love a video going over any updates to the LTT servers.  

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

Top 12 you say?
image.thumb.png.1236335e90408dd126cbde7583444d28.png

Where's Big Red on the wall? The China build? Or even the Walmart one?

Linus even went on to say he was unsure as to why some are there, me too Linus, me too... Since the 3 that are on the wall literally would need at least 300,000 and 400,000 x2 respectively to surpass the lowest 3 of the top 12, however still wouldn't push the 3 ignored off the list.

38 minutes ago, SPARTAN VI said:

Did I blink? Didn't see the 3D printer farm.

They've been shelved for a while I think. A few months back in another video I'm sure I saw them on a shelf doing nothing, they only did it due to the short supply at the beginning, which doesn't really exist now.

Also was colton re-re-re-re(x8)-refired?

Does that mean he is an half luke that is split in two?

So HDR is going to become a regular thing?  That's really cool.  Are there any other Youtube channels that regularly produce HDR content?  You know other than video game recordings.

Ok, am I going crazy or does Lloyd (19:45 timestamp) look exactly like a younger Terren Tong?

5 hours ago, Egg-Roll said:

Top 12 you say?
image.thumb.png.1236335e90408dd126cbde7583444d28.png

Where's Big Red on the wall? The China build? Or even the Walmart one?

Linus even went on to say he was unsure as to why some are there, me too Linus, me too... Since the 3 that are on the wall literally would need at least 300,000 and 400,000 x2 respectively to surpass the lowest 3 of the top 12, however still wouldn't push the 3 ignored off the list.

They've been shelved for a while I think. A few months back in another video I'm sure I saw them on a shelf doing nothing, they only did it due to the short supply at the beginning, which doesn't really exist now.

I wonder if perhaps the top 12 videos wall is considering the views from all the platforms that LMG uploads too oppose to just YouTube.  

I am simply left impressed by this studio tour. There was kinda of a IKEA vibe. 

I just saw the new LTT tour video. In the video Linus mentions selling the mill and lathe. Does anyone know where they will be listed?

Dinosaurs protecting the desk is the best thing to take away from this tour 😄