Cooler for i7-11700k

Liargoff

I used Cooler Master 212 Evo (Black Edition if that matters) for the previous 50+ builds of PCs with i5-10600k and the temps were fine during Intel Burn Test (max 76C)

Now I used this cooler for the i7-11700k and it reached 100C during the Intel Burn Test

Are there any air coolers to replace it for the 11th gen at this budget?

thanks!

Yeah, I don't think "budget" is going to cut it on that one. The 11th gen chips are fusion reactors. That's what happens when you try to run a 14nm architecture on 10nm.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

The cheapest *best* CPU cooler would be the Scythe Fuma 2 (in my humble opinion), and even that exceeds the price of a Hyper 212 by about 20 USD.

https://www.amazon.com/Original-Design-Towers-Cooler-SCFM-2000/dp/B07QMK5R45

If you want an air cooler, go for the Cryorig R1 (either version is fine), Bequiet DarkRock Pro 4 (it works just fine in my system), or, you know, the still KING Noctua NH-D15 (Black, because it looks good). If you want to go with an AIO, there are plenty of options out there.

If you want to keep your temps in check without trading off performance, you need to invest in your CPU Cooler. No workarounds for this, sorry.

• 2 weeks later...

If you care about silence at all and want to run MCE at good temps you will need a proper dual tower cooler.
It's a decent amount more but the best bang for the buck option in the Canadian market is NH-D15s (in black of course).

Once your spending the extra money to get a 11700k over a 11600k, spending the extra little bit on the cooler to get the full advantages of the I7.

On 4/13/2021 at 4:12 AM, AnotherGlenn said:

The cheapest *best* CPU cooler would be the Scythe Fuma 2 (in my humble opinion), and even that exceeds the price of a Hyper 212 by about 20 USD.

https://www.amazon.com/Original-Design-Towers-Cooler-SCFM-2000/dp/B07QMK5R45

If you want an air cooler, go for the Cryorig R1 (either version is fine), Bequiet DarkRock Pro 4 (it works just fine in my system), or, you know, the still KING Noctua NH-D15 (Black, because it looks good). If you want to go with an AIO, there are plenty of options out there.

If you want to keep your temps in check without trading off performance, you need to invest in your CPU Cooler. No workarounds for this, sorry.

AnotherGlenn really hit the point on the head. If you need cheap the Scythe Fuma 2 is a "good" choice but I'd recommend going with more.

If you want some NH-D15 numbers here's what I get with my 11700k.
With multicore enhancement on, REALLY good case airflow, and fans at 80% it doesn't break 65c.

Turn the fans back to 60% (With MCE) and it hits 70C. 

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-11700K | COOLER: NH-D15 Chromamax | MOTHERBOARD: ROG MAXIMUS XIII HERO | RAM: Team Group Delta RGB (running at 3200MHZ Cl16 20 40) | GPU: Asus RTX 2070 Dual Mini (de-shrouded with 2x120mm 3400rpm delta fans) | STORAGE: WD Black SN850 1TB + SN750 1TB + 840 EVO 256 GB + 2xToshiba N300 8TB + 2xSeagate Barracuda 8TB | CASE: Lian-LI LanCool 2 | PSU: Old HX 850 | KEYBOARD: Rosewill mechanical, wip custom Kailh copper gaming keypad | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | MONITOR: Asus 27in 1440p 165hz HDR 400, 2x24in BenQ 1080p, 19in Dell 4:3 | HEADSET: SteelSeries Arctits 7 | OS: WIndows 10 64bit | RGB: A lot

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/26/2021 at 12:32 AM, Djkaplan said:

If you care about silence at all and want to run MCE at good temps you will need a proper dual tower cooler.
It's a decent amount more but the best bang for the buck option in the Canadian market is NH-D15s (in black of course).

Once your spending the extra money to get a 11700k over a 11600k, spending the extra little bit on the cooler to get the full advantages of the I7.

AnotherGlenn really hit the point on the head. If you need cheap the Scythe Fuma 2 is a "good" choice but I'd recommend going with more.

If you want some NH-D15 numbers here's what I get with my 11700k.
With multicore enhancement on, REALLY good case airflow, and fans at 80% it doesn't break 65c.

Turn the fans back to 60% (With MCE) and it hits 70C. 

thank you, this is very good info for what I need