Im building my new pc in a month. Please help me if i need to change some components

chaxinn10

Budget (including currency): $2500 CAD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: dota2, flight simulator, cyberpunk and some livestreaming 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): GOT AOC 144HZ monitor

pcpartpicker: 

6 minutes ago, chaxinn10 said:

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: dota2, flight simulator, cyberpunk and some livestreaming 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): GOT AOC 144HZ monitor

pcpartpicker: 

A 980 pro is probably overkill, a 970 Evo Plus would do fine. Change the HDD to something with 7200 rpm. Also, probably better to look for an equivalent Nvidia GPU, something like a 3070 whatever is the price and performance equivalent of 6700xt.

I'm not the one to usually say this, but might as well change to CL 16 memory since you've got the budget for it.

Attention is what makes life meaningful.

Also, please quote me for a reply. 🙂

24 minutes ago, chaxinn10 said:

pcpartpicker: 

Change the cpu to a 5800x and get a better airflow case like a 4000d airflow or td500 mesh

Big nerd. 

PCPartPicker List Link

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1400, Deepcool Gammaxx 400 V2 Blue, Biostar B450MH, Timetec 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16, Adata SU650 240GB, WD Blue 250GB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200RPM, MSI Aero GTX 1060 3GB, Cougar MG130G, Segotep 750W Fully Modular 80+ Gold, HP 22EB, Samsung S22E450D, Sceptre E205-W, Gamakay LK67 with Gat Reds and HK Gaming Chalk keycaps, Logitech G305 Lightspeed, Shure MV7, Gertisan Mic Arm, OneOdio Headphones, CM SickleFlow Blue Fan, Iceberg Thermal IceGALE 140MM Teal x2, Cougar case fan

Rack Project (Build log link)

Spoiler

On 4/13/2021 at 1:23 AM, AnirbanG007 said:

A 980 pro is probably overkill, a 970 Evo Plus would do fine. Change the HDD to something with 7200 rpm. Also, probably better to look for an equivalent Nvidia GPU, something like a 3070 whatever is the price and performance equivalent of 6700xt.

I'm not the one to usually say this, but might as well change to CL 16 memory since you've got the budget for it.

do you think my motherboard is a decent one sir? because i already owned it. thank you so much

10 minutes ago, chaxinn10 said:

do you think my motherboard is a decent one sir? because i already owned it. thank you so much

NGL, I don't have a ton of experience, but an Asus TUF product should be very good, IMO.

Attention is what makes life meaningful.

Also, please quote me for a reply. 🙂