HP Z1 Entry Tower G6 : is it possible to change the motherboard?

Hi,

I'm curious about the HP Z1 Entry Tower G6 entry-level workstation ( https://support.hp.com/th-en/document/c06902388 )

Does anyone own the i7-10700 or i9-10900 version and, if so, could you tell me if it's possible to replace the motherboard?

After digging in HP docs on line, it seems that the motherboard is custom-made / custom-shaped, which doesn't sound very future-proof in case of motherboard failure.

Could a standard motherboard fit in that chassis or is it hopeless?

What about other HP professional pre-built systems, such as the entry-level ProDesk 405 G6 SFF?

Thanks 

Motherboard in both the Z1 and the SFF use custom motherboards and non standard psu connectors. A normal ATX/mATX motherboard will not work

1 hour ago, Selle said:

Motherboard in both the Z1 and the SFF use custom motherboards and non standard psu connectors. A normal ATX/mATX motherboard will not work

Thanks.

That's what I feared 😞

It seems the Omen 25L and 30L desktops are among the only HP computers that use standard components.

Would you happen to know if the situation is similar with Lenovo and Dell?

19 minutes ago, Larry Philips said:

Thanks.

That's what I feared 😞

It seems the Omen 25L and 30L desktops are among the only HP computers that use standard components.

Some Dell desktops have adopted Intel 12 vo standard and thus also cannot take most motherboards  

44 minutes ago, Larry Philips said:

All of Lenovo Think desktops that I have worked on have custom components. Dell I dont know, but most likely custom there also

7 hours ago, Larry Philips said:

which doesn't sound very future-proof in case of motherboard failure.

Business grade desktops like this have a very low failure rate, the probability for a motherboard or psu failure after warrenty experation but before the HW is outdated is low, and you can by extended warrenty if you want to