FPS Drop ALL OF A SUDDEN

I have a Predator Helios 300 I7 10750H with RTX 2060 and 16 Gigs of Ram WINDOWS 10 64 Bit..

I get 120+ Fps in PUBG and 200+ in Valorant..

I donno why but  my fps drops to 30-45 Fps and doesnt go up unless I turn on TURBO mode and Switch it off!!

Even with Turbo mode on the fallen FPS won't go up only when I switch on and off the turbo mode the fps goes u TEMPORARILY ...

Does anyone know why is this happeing and what shld I do??

Please help !!

How are the temperatures when you notice the frame drops?

Many high performance laptops with Intel CPUs have power limit throttling problems. They also run too hot and have thermal throttling problems.

14 minutes ago, Harish-12 said:

what should I do??

You should take it back to the store and tell them to fix it or give you your money back. Companies sell junk because not enough consumers complain. If it is too late to return it then try running ThrottleStop 9.3

https://www.techpowerup.com/download/techpowerup-throttlestop/

It has quite a few features that can help with some of the poorly designed gaming laptops that are being sold. The 10750H is a powerful CPU. Many laptop manufacturers power limit these CPUs so you cannot run them anywhere near their full rated speed indefinitely. They can randomly cycle between fast and slow. Very inconsistent FPS when this happens. 

In the ThrottleStop Options window turn on Nvidia GPU monitoring. On the main screen turn on the Log File option. Go play a game for at least 15 minutes. When finished testing, exit your game and exit ThrottleStop so it can finalize your log file. Attach a log file to your next post and post some screenshots of the ThrottleStop main window, the FIVR window and the TPL window. This info will show the reasons for throttling and how bad your laptop is running when this happens. You need this information to try and solve the throttling problems that your Acer laptop has. 

2 hours ago, fuzz0r said:

How are the temperatures when you notice the frame drops?

Its normal....

CPU max temp is 86 Degree

GPU max temp hits 86 degree most of the times

2 hours ago, unclewebb said:

Many high performance laptops with Intel CPUs have power limit throttling problems. They also run too hot and have thermal throttling problems.

You should take it back to the store and tell them to fix it or give you your money back. Companies sell junk because not enough consumers complain. If it is too late to return it then try running ThrottleStop 9.3

https://www.techpowerup.com/download/techpowerup-throttlestop/

It has quite a few features that can help with some of the poorly designed gaming laptops that are being sold. The 10750H is a powerful CPU. Many laptop manufacturers power limit these CPUs so you cannot run them anywhere near their full rated speed indefinitely. They can randomly cycle between fast and slow. Very inconsistent FPS when this happens. 

In the ThrottleStop Options window turn on Nvidia GPU monitoring. On the main screen turn on the Log File option. Go play a game for at least 15 minutes. When finished testing, exit your game and exit ThrottleStop so it can finalize your log file. Attach a log file to your next post and post some screenshots of the ThrottleStop main window, the FIVR window and the TPL window. This info will show the reasons for throttling and how bad your laptop is running when this happens. You need this information to try and solve the throttling problems that your Acer laptop has. 

I have bought this lap just a month back.. Its still under warranty... I read a similar article stating the same problem after updating Geforce Drivers (With I5 processor and  RTX 2060 super) , After which I realised I too got an update in Geforce Experience Drivers

I was planning to get Zephyrus G14 but due to some reasons I got this.. But I saw so many reviews and none did tell abt these problems....

What shld I do know give the in the shop and get it replaced? Or is there any other solution coz the FPS were real good when i played before..

Thanks for the help and is there anything I shld do with Geforce

• 1 month later...
On 4/13/2021 at 9:46 AM, Harish-12 said:

I have a Predator Helios 300 I7 10750H with RTX 2060 and 16 Gigs of Ram WINDOWS 10 64 Bit..

I donno why but  my fps drops to 30-45 Fps and doesnt go up unless I turn on TURBO mode and Switch it off!!

Even with Turbo mode on the fallen FPS won't go up only when I switch on and off the turbo mode the fps goes u TEMPORARILY ...

Please help !!

I have the exact same problem,same laptop and same specs, did u end up finding any solution? Can u share ur ig?

• 3 months later...
On 4/13/2021 at 9:46 AM, Harish-12 said:

Please help !!

I have the same laptop with the same specs. Thought this was a problem of my device. I noticed the turbo option temporarily resets the fps but only sometimes. What happens is random fps drop about every 5 minutes and lasts for 1 minute and goes back to normal. This has been a headache to game on this powerful laptop. Tried cpu undervolting and everything. No solution to date. Got used to it now but still irritates the s*it out. If there's any solution, let me know too,

@Ushan Rajapaksha Run ThrottleStop and turn on the log file option. Play a game for at least 15 minutes so it can record some data for these throttling episodes. When finished testing, exit ThrottleStop so it can finalize the log file. It will be located in your ThrottleStop / Logs folder. Attach a log file to your next post and some screenshots of ThrottleStop so I can see how your CPU is setup.

• 1 year later...

Easy fix i found after struggling like you. Go to: system configuration → boot→turn off ACC services (most probably the first service)→restart. Voila! You are all set my friend.

It isn't the CPU or GPU tbh ,acer has tuned it pretty well. 

peace.