Help choosing a decent tablet for kids. Unfamiliar with mobile cpu's

DCCFan

Hey everyone. Am not too well informed about tablets these days so will appreciate any advice. Looking for something with at least 3gb ram, 4gb even better. Also, sadly I'm not in the US right now so options are limited. 

So specifically, I've been looking at a tablet with the following specs (apparently chinese but sold at a reputabpe store):

- Processor: Octa Core SC9863
- GPU: PowerVR GE8322
- RAM: 4GB
- Android 9 Pie / Official Google Certificate
- IPS 10.1 pulgadas
- Full HD: 1920 x 1200
- 64GB internal storage
- 5800 mAh battery
- Wifi Dual: 802.11 b/g/n & Bluetooth V.4.2
- 3G - 4G/LTE

I looked up the SC9863 and it said it's an entry level octa-core. Has anyone used them? Is it ok to play Roblox, Minecraft and other Play Store games? 

I also saw the Samsung Tab 7 SMT500 with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 662 and 3gb ram and the Lenovo Yoga Smart with 4gb ram and the Cortex-A53 at 2 ghz. I did notice these two have faster cpu's. Would that make a noticeable difference gaming? What about integrated graphics for these three cpu's? 

Thanks for any input!

21 minutes ago, DCCFan said:

Hey everyone. Am not too well informed about tablets these days so will appreciate any advice. Looking for something with at least 3gb ram, 4gb even better. Also, sadly I'm not in the US right now so options are limited. 

So specifically, I've been looking at a tablet with the following specs (apparently chinese but sold at a reputabpe store):

- Processor: Octa Core SC9863
- GPU: PowerVR GE8322
- RAM: 4GB
- Android 9 Pie / Official Google Certificate
- IPS 10.1 pulgadas
- Full HD: 1920 x 1200
- 64GB internal storage
- 5800 mAh battery
- Wifi Dual: 802.11 b/g/n & Bluetooth V.4.2
- 3G - 4G/LTE

I looked up the SC9863 and it said it's an entry level octa-core. Has anyone used them? Is it ok to play Roblox, Minecraft and other Play Store games? 

I also saw the Samsung Tab 7 SMT500 with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 662 and 3gb ram and the Lenovo Yoga Smart with 4gb ram and the Cortex-A53 at 2 ghz. I did notice these two have faster cpu's. Would that make a noticeable difference gaming? What about integrated graphics for these three cpu's? 

Thanks for any input!

That first tablet is borderline. The CPU is about Snapdragon 439/450 in terms of regular computing, but it's apparently pretty pokey graphics-wise. I'm also worried about that thing shipping with Android 9. If you could update it to Android 11 that'd be alright, but I wouldn't want to be stuck with an OS that's two years old!

I'd much rather spring for the Samsung Galaxy Tab A7. A Snapdragon 662 isn't stunning, but it'll definitely be better than that first tablet, and probably better than the Lenovo. That and you'll probably have better software support.

Thanks so much folks! It does seem like the Samsung tablet has the better cpu and igpu of all. Looked up the Lenovo one in more detail and it seems to have the Snapdragon 439 which is slower than the Tab 7's 662. Just curious, is the Samsung having only 3gb of ram going to make any difference on games or will it still be more powerful than the Lenovo because of the CPU/GPU?

8 hours ago, DCCFan said:

Thanks so much folks! It does seem like the Samsung tablet has the better cpu and igpu of all. Looked up the Lenovo one in more detail and it seems to have the Snapdragon 439 which is slower than the Tab 7's 662. Just curious, is the Samsung having only 3gb of ram going to make any difference on games or will it still be more powerful than the Lenovo because of the CPU/GPU?

The extra 1GB of RAM won't make up for the slower overall performance. That and, frankly, I'd trust Samsung more with software updates.