anyone have experience with Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC-3000 PWM 140mm Fan ??

AIO H110I cool Dude
Go to solution Solved by Lyfie,

What is the point of buying a 3000rpm fan and running it at 1500?  You just pay extra money for a more powerful motor, which you will not use. The blades are essentially the same as in retail NF-A14, so you will get the same airflow at 1500rpm on both models. Noise might be actually worse on the Industrial version at the same rpm, because of a more massive motor.

Here is a nice overview table of their products that proves my point:

https://noctua.at/en/products/fan

Hi guys

Have anyone have experience with Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC-3000 PWM 140mm Fan - Good? Bad? Loud? Overkill?

https://noctua.at/en/nf-a14-industrialppc-3000-pwm

3 of them in a tall tower, 2 intake 1 exhaust and 2x120mm Corsair AIO exhaust top fans - the 3 Noctua NF-A14 will be controlled by a Corsair Commander Pro and ICue.

The 2x120mm Corsair AIO fans controlled by Corsair Link (Maybe change to ICue)

Noctua makes solid products, whish I had bought Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black, instead of the Corsair AIO waterloop 

They're extremely noisy.

The Redux fans are gray, but if you want black maybe look at bequiet silent wings.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Thanks for your input Enderman

I want the Noctua NF-A14 IPPC-3000, because of the 269,3 m³/h Airflow at max capacity So i will run it at 1500 rpm, roughly ½ the speed, ½ the noise and still get 130 m³/h Airflow

And still have the possibility to increase RPM and Airflow. Can you follow my way of thinking, and do you believe my assumptions about the fan are correct???

I knew I should have studied engineering, instead of joining the Army, somehow the skills you acquire in the Army, do not carry well over into civilian life 🤔

47 minutes ago, AIO H110I cool Dude said:

Thanks for your input Enderman

I want the Noctua NF-A14 IPPC-3000, because of the 269,3 m³/h Airflow at max capacity So i will run it at 1500 rpm, roughly ½ the speed, ½ the noise and still get 130 m³/h Airflow

And still have the possibility to increase RPM and Airflow. Can you follow my way of thinking, and do you believe my assumptions about the fan are correct???

I knew I should have studied engineering, instead of joining the Army, somehow the skills you acquire in the Army, do not carry well over into civilian life 🤔

Yeah, assuming you have a good fan controller, you should be able to run them much slwoer.

Even half speed will be loud though, but maybe that's just me.

I run my fans at 500rpm 🙂

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

What is the point of buying a 3000rpm fan and running it at 1500?  You just pay extra money for a more powerful motor, which you will not use. The blades are essentially the same as in retail NF-A14, so you will get the same airflow at 1500rpm on both models. Noise might be actually worse on the Industrial version at the same rpm, because of a more massive motor.

Here is a nice overview table of their products that proves my point:

https://noctua.at/en/products/fan

Lyfie you make a good point, I will re-evaluate. Nice link to the overview of all the fans, easy for me to compare now. 

You aced it .....