do i need a new psu? pls help

desgustting

So I upgraded to a 3060 and ryzen 5 5600x around february and middle of march. The past week or 2 my pc has been shutting off in the middle of my valorant games. it would happen once and my pc inside is still lit up but my monitor doesnt turn on. eventually i restart everything and it works fine but it turns off later again while i am playing and a red led on my gpu where the pcie cord inserts turn on and blinks. Afterwards i turn my pc off and the red led is still blinking. i turn my psu off and on and the red led turns on whenever the psu is turned on,. i unplug and plug the pcie cord to my gpu and it turns on again. Is there a problem with my psu? The scenario i just listed happened yesterday, and just now it turned off twice in one game, but there was no red led light on. I have a Corsair CX650M 80 plus bronze modular psu. the temps in my pc and the gpu are fine. pls help

10 minutes ago, desgustting said:

i unplug and plug the pcie cord to my gpu and it turns on again.

Check the connection at the PSU.

Gaming With a 4:3 CRT

System specs below

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X with a Noctua NH-U9S cooler 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M (Because it was cheap)
RAM: 32GB (4 x 8GB) Corsair Vengance LPX 3200Mhz CL16
GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC Blower Card
HDD: 7200RPM TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 1TB, External HDD: 5400RPM 2TB WD My Passport
SSD: 1tb Samsung 970 evo m.2 nvme
PSU: Corsair CX650M
Displays: ViewSonic VA2012WB LCD 1680x1050p @ 75Hz
Gateway VX920 CRT: 1920x1440@65Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@125Hz
Gateway VX900 CRT: 1920x1440@64Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@120Hz (Can be pushed to 175Hz)

Keyboard: Thermaltake eSPORTS MEKA PRO with Cherry MX Red switches

30 minutes ago, desgustting said:

So I upgraded to a 3060 and ryzen 5 5600x around february and middle of march. The past week or 2 my pc has been shutting off in the middle of my valorant games. it would happen once and my pc inside is still lit up but my monitor doesnt turn on. eventually i restart everything and it works fine but it turns off later again while i am playing and a red led on my gpu where the pcie cord inserts turn on and blinks. Afterwards i turn my pc off and the red led is still blinking. i turn my psu off and on and the red led turns on whenever the psu is turned on,. i unplug and plug the pcie cord to my gpu and it turns on again. Is there a problem with my psu? The scenario i just listed happened yesterday, and just now it turned off twice in one game, but there was no red led light on. I have a Corsair CX650M 80 plus bronze modular psu. the temps in my pc and the gpu are fine. pls halp!

a 650 should handle it just fine. As aforementioned, the cable probably comes loose. Make sure it is in all the way.

4 minutes ago, JohnDeereBro said:

a 650 should handle it just fine. As aforementioned, the cable probably comes loose. Make sure it is in all the way.

the psu is bronze rated though is that fine?

38 minutes ago, desgustting said:

"Bronze" is just the 80 PLUS efficiency level.

On 4/12/2021 at 8:35 PM, desgustting said:

Yes, that does not affect anything major.