144hz vs 165hz

Burrand
Go to solution Solved by Quackers101,

also just imo, 144 is a great place to be with the HZ anyways. Getting enough updates although in the future a little higher might be a nice to have. Again needing a decent or good system to back it up with the FPS, although not too bad if it's not perfect or not getting the most out of the HZ and can use it in the future. If resolution might be of interest too, but need more performance again if going for higher FPS and HZ too.

But that its good you know what you want, also take care of the boxes etc for return if needed ^^

So, I am getting a monitor for my new Xbox series s, I am looking at the AOC c24g1 which has amd freesync, 1080p, and 144hz. They also have another version called the c24g1a, which has all of that but 165hz and freesync premium. I am wondering which would work best for the next gen budget console(they are both curved).

Thank you!

c24g1a is better and should retail for around the same price.

Yeah thats what I was seeing recently

know that the ports will work, else when it comes to monitors higher can be better to have if you want to have the option.

BUT, it really depends on the screen and a lot of marketing is upping the HZ for lower quality? So not all of them will give the best experience or is an OC version?

Also knowing what frames you are able to get too, since if you get 100 fps then 100-144hz can do well enough.

This video will show you some things that you might want to look for, best way to check in person or being able to return if it's very bad.

also just imo, 144 is a great place to be with the HZ anyways. Getting enough updates although in the future a little higher might be a nice to have. Again needing a decent or good system to back it up with the FPS, although not too bad if it's not perfect or not getting the most out of the HZ and can use it in the future. If resolution might be of interest too, but need more performance again if going for higher FPS and HZ too.

But that its good you know what you want, also take care of the boxes etc for return if needed ^^

Thank you, you have been a big help, I appreciate it. I think imma go for the 165hz because if i want to build a pc in the future ill have a decent monitor that will work with it. They are also very similar in retail price.