So how do you guys get a gpu?

1vamk0nat0r
Go to solution Solved by Entropy.,
8 minutes ago, 1vamk0nat0r said:

So the prebuilt and the bestbuy arent an option since in my poor eu country there is like one store where everything is more expensive than the already more expensive price because thats eu. I am going to go for i9 10850k btw is that a good choice?

the 10850k isn't a gpu... 

If neither of those are options, then well, too bad honestly. There might be other localized options but I doubt it. Your options are wait, or pay stupid prices. 

So i need a new pc sooo bad and its very hard to find a gpu. And yea do i have to bot them or like buy from scalpers rtx 3080 for 2 rtx 3090??? Anyone with a gpu and a story??

Better to buy a prebuilt, especially since you are doing a whole PC not just a card.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

3 minutes ago, 1vamk0nat0r said:

So i need a new pc sooo bad and its very hard to find a gpu. And yea do i have to bot them or like buy from scalpers rtx 3080 for 2 rtx 3090??? Anyone with a gpu and a story??

Know how to aquire a GPU, know where to go, get the stockdrops discord or have a youtube video open that displays stock and has notifications, and be patient. If you know how to get a GPU (FE on bestbuy, know when to camp) getting a GPU isn't as difficult as It's made out to be in general. That doesn't mean you can just waltz in to a bestbuy and purchase a card, but if you have a little patience it's not hard to get a card.
How to Buy Nvidia RTX 3060 ti, 3070, 3080 Graphics Cards: How I purchased 4 30 series GPUs @ retail - YouTube

24/7 Live In-Stock Alert RTX 3060/3060TI/3070/3080/3090 RX 6700/6800/6900 Ryzen 5900x/5950x - YouTube
 Good stock checking video as well as a tutorial on how to get a card. 

Or, buy a prebuilt. 

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

What's your budget for a GPU?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

2 minutes ago, Brok3n But who cares? said:

Know how to aquire a GPU, know where to go, get the stockdrops discord or have a youtube video open that displays stock and has notifications, and be patient. If you know how to get a GPU (FE on bestbuy, know when to camp) getting a GPU isn't as difficult as It's made out to be in general. That doesn't mean you can just waltz in to a bestbuy and purchase a card, but if you have a little patience it's not hard to get a card.
How to Buy Nvidia RTX 3060 ti, 3070, 3080 Graphics Cards: How I purchased 4 30 series GPUs @ retail - YouTube

24/7 Live In-Stock Alert RTX 3060/3060TI/3070/3080/3090 RX 6700/6800/6900 Ryzen 5900x/5950x - YouTube
 Good stock checking video as well as a tutorial on how to get a card. 

Or, buy a prebuilt. 

So the prebuilt and the bestbuy arent an option since in my poor eu country there is like one store where everything is more expensive than the already more expensive price because thats eu. I am going to go for i9 10850k btw is that a good choice?

I was quick on the discord notification for a Best Buy drop (RIP, when was the last one?) and snagged a 3090FE. 3070FE on another Best Buy drop two weeks later. 

Discord notifications from the right servers are where its at.

8 minutes ago, 1vamk0nat0r said:

the 10850k isn't a gpu... 

If neither of those are options, then well, too bad honestly. There might be other localized options but I doubt it. Your options are wait, or pay stupid prices. 

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Just now, rickeo said:

I was quick on the discord notification for a Best Buy drop (RIP, when was the last one?) and snagged a 3090FE. 3070FE on another Best Buy drop two weeks later. 

Discord notifications from the right servers are where its at.

Was on the 2nd. Expecting a drop this week. 

22 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

Better to buy a prebuilt, especially since you are doing a whole PC not just a card.

yeah, prebuilts cost about as much as the graphics card lmfao

my signiture was cool, but its a lie now

15 minutes ago, 1vamk0nat0r said:

Maybe check on the massive companies, like DELL/Alienware, HP, Lenovo and the likes.

I am building my own PC because I really wanted to.

But honestly, I probably shouldn't have. I don't have a GPU at this stage.

Unfortunately, it's all just luck. I got my 3060 Ti by standing in line on launch day at my local Micro Center. Even then, I got lucky, because the guy behind me got the last one. Catching a retail drop is your best bet. You just have to be patient and keep trying.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

49 minutes ago, mactipiak said:

Maybe check on the massive companies, like DELL/Alienware, HP, Lenovo and the likes.

I am building my own PC because I really wanted to.

But honestly, I probably shouldn't have. I don't have a GPU at this stage.

Those companies charge the most and use OEM cards, usually. 

Sorry for the late reply but I think I am risking it and sending it to my cousin in usa and he will send it to eu with HUGE import fees I think. And the 10850k is a cpu I know, I really wanted the r9 5950x cause I use vms and host a Minecraft server but they are like 1500$.

I waited overnight at Microcenter. Several times.

Yeah... that was over a month ago, and its only gotten worse.

23 hours ago, Brok3n But who cares? said:

Those companies charge the most and use OEM cards, usually. 

They definitely are the more expensive companies.

The thing is, their availability is incredible.

And honestly, I was playing a bit with the Aurora configurator.

They charge 500€ over the 1650 Super to upgrade to a 3070 on the base system.

That's 1850 € for a R5 5600X (admittedly, with only 8GB 3200 DDR4 and a 256GB SSD)

I bought a system from parts, in which there is a lot less compromise on PSU, mobo, cooling, RAM timing and frequency and storage.

My build is 1100 €...

...But I don't have a GPU and will use my GTX970. So that alienware is probably more competitive than mine in the short term.

Currently, an "in stock" 3070 is anywhere from 900-1500 €.

If I find a time machine and get to buy a 3070 FE from the nvidia store (or a 6800 XT OC at MSRP) I'll get a super powerful build for the same price. 😛 

But in the current situation, getting that Aurora *might have been* a better choice.

(I'm sure other PC builds do a great job, but it just depends where you need to ship it / what's around. Dell has that advantage of being available in a lot of territories, a friend of mine bought a prebuilt from an Amazon seller and he now has crappy DDR4 at base speed he wants to upgrade)