My first build - opinions on my part list?

PMizuki

Budget (including currency): ~$500-700 (US dollars)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for:  1080p Minecraft/GTA5;  art programs like gimp/krita; neural network workload like deepcreampy, hent-AI, style2paint; protein folding

Other details

First build

CPU: Ryzen 3 3300X - $133

Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 - $80

Memory: HyperX Fury 2x8G 3200MHz CL16 - $79

Storage: Kioxia Exceria 512G - $69, Seagate Barracuda 2TB - $65

Video Card: XFX RX 580 8G GTS XXX - $121

Case: Xigmatek NYC Black - $26

PSU: Corsair CX550M - $56

Monitor: Any kind of decent 1080p monitor is fine by me, maybe 144hz too but that is just a nice-to-have feature I feel

Total: $629

looks good, the only comment would be to get a case with better airflow (mesh front)

8 minutes ago, PMizuki said:

Budget (including currency): ~$500-700 (US dollars)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for:  1080p Minecraft/GTA5;  art programs like gimp/krita; neural network workload like deepcreampy, hent-AI, style2paint; protein folding

Other details

First build

CPU: Ryzen 3 3300X - $133

Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 - $80

Memory: HyperX Fury 2x8G 3200MHz CL16 - $79

Storage: Kioxia Exceria 512G - $69, Seagate Barracuda 2TB - $65

Video Card: XFX RX 580 8G GTS XXX - $121

Case: Xigmatek NYC Black - $26

PSU: Corsair CX550M - $56

Monitor: Any kind of decent 1080p monitor is fine by me, maybe 144hz too but that is just a nice-to-have feature I feel

Total: $629

This is actually really good value, only thing I would do is get a fractal design focus g, it's the cheapest case I can reccomend to anybody.

28 minutes ago, PMizuki said:

I think noone have addressed this one here so imma give my piece on it. MP68 or MP88 series from LG would be my pick on this. Color callibrated IPS panel out of the factory (least here in Indonesia), 75hz, VESA support, and of course that LG lovely flushed border design.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

37 minutes ago, Haraikomono said:

where can I buy that for 121$ ? Id even pay 50$ for shipping 😄

It's on stock at the local computer parts store near me ^^

I was surprised also, I never thought to find one that "cheap" (read: near stock price) given the current shortage

38 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

looks good, the only comment would be to get a case with better airflow (mesh front)

Honestly I don't really know much about computer case, I just picked a cheap-ish one with a tempered glass side panel

37 minutes ago, curiousmind34 said:

This is actually really good value, only thing I would do is get a fractal design focus g, it's the cheapest case I can reccomend to anybody.

I'll check the store to see if it has them, I don't really wanna buy things off newegg/amazon because the shipping is outrageous to here so I try to buy everything on-site

16 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

I think noone have addressed this one here so imma give my piece on it. MP68 or MP88 series from LG would be my pick on this. Color callibrated IPS panel out of the factory (least here in Indonesia), 75hz, VESA support, and of course that LG lovely flushed border design.

Thank you for the recommendation ^^