Is this a good deal for my son

Gammmmmmmer

my son wants a series s would this be a could deal bc he wants to play 2k21a series s for 700( I took out the link so less people see but I might not get it(

3 minutes ago, Gammmmmmmer said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/154408674674 my son wants a series s would this be a could deal bc he wants to play 2k21

I suppose it depends on what you mean by "good deal". It's double MSRP. The Series S is $299, and that game is $70, I think. However, in order for that to matter, you have to be able to actually get your hands on one at retail. Just depends on how badly you want to get this for him right now.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

First of all that listing is a bid, so it will likely end up costing more than $700. But even at $700, that's a ridiculous price for what you're getting. If you're willing to pay that much, I would try to get a Series X instead. It's a big upgrade over the Series S, and the increased storage combined with the ability to play disk games is a huge plus. Just be persistent and check stores often, and you might be able to find one in stock somewhere. It's better than paying the scalpers.

I mostly speak from my own past experience from similar problems. My solution may not work for you, but I'll always try my best to help as much as I can. If you want me to see your reply, make sure to quote my comment or mention me @WaggishOhio383, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

-- My PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer RGB 16GB 3200MHz
120GB Crucial BX500 SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x

27 minutes ago, Gammmmmmmer said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/154408674674 my son wants a series s would this be a could deal bc he wants to play 2k21

If I had to buy it for my son, I'd still buy it 😄 its really playing into the hand of those damn scalpers, but every smile of your kid counts 😄 😄

No I'm not I have had sh!ty xbox's before I have owned 9 360's 3 ones and my current xbox is in for repairs my xbox always perform ok but with a playstation or a pc you don't have to pay to plan online games and you get better over all value , my xbox's are good until they get 1 problem then they start braking down like the new series x I've seen lots of vids about people unboxing and then they dotn work at all

3 minutes ago, Iloveunisuj said:

What? I've had my original xbox one since November 24, 2013 2 days after it came out and it hasn't broken to this day, and it runs games just fine, i've seen games like forza and r6 at a steady 60 fps on my 60hz 1080p tv. at this point you are just spreading misinformation about the xbox.

That is a fucking horrific deal. You can buy XBox Series X in the $800 range off ebay and it's a far far far superior console, like 3x the gpu power of the Series S. Plus if you play XBox One games, the Series X plays the XBox One X version of the game while the Series S plays the XBox One S version of the game. If you're going to spend that much spend the extra $100 for the much better version of the console.

On 4/12/2021 at 9:47 AM, Iloveunisuj said:

What? I've had my original xbox one since November 24, 2013 2 days after it came out and it hasn't broken to this day, and it runs games just fine, i've seen games like forza and r6 at a steady 60 fps on my 60hz 1080p tv. at this point you are just spreading misinformation about the xbox.

My original One, the mechanism in the disc drive was failing by the time I bought the One X on launch day. I had to use a paper clip to manually force the gears to click into place. On my One X, the  drive can be a bit sticky sometimes and not take the disc. But otherwise works well.

Series X has been working great so far though.

On 4/12/2021 at 9:48 AM, Gammmmmmmer said:

my son wants a series s would this be a could deal bc he wants to play 2k21a series s for 700( I took out the link so less people see but I might not get it(

depends on what you mean by 700... what currency. But generally no. S is usually available at retail

Where are you? Because a lot of retailers here in Canada seem to have the Series S in stock most of the time.  I would get yourself down to a local brick and mortar store and find one in stock as regular retail and just pick the game up at the same time. 

On 4/12/2021 at 7:22 AM, Surestgarlic2 said:

Don't get an xbox they break very easily get a pc 

For the price OP is willing to pay, I totally agree with this.

I know series s is popular right now and with shortage, but not console worths $700, even less when retail price it’s $300. If your kid—and you, of course, since you are going to pay—really wants it, I highly recommend waiting in case you don’t want a pc. 

It took me 8 months to get the Switch I wanted since I was not going to pay the crazy prices on eBay, from $500 to $1000. Yes, it was a long waiting, but it was worth it.

Consoles may seem good but they really are not like a pc I have an old pc that will still run the latest games and it came out before the xbox 360 but look at a 360 they suck now so a pc is obviously a good choice just get a baddas pc and it will be better in the long run

• 3 weeks later...

Why not get a Good work/Gaming PC?

then give your kid a Epic games account, where you often add a few free games they give away once in a while.

depending on what games he want, you could check if there is a sale on steam, and give him a {cheapo} Xbox style controller.

Most games currently support crossplatform play.

it all depends on what games he wants to play, if all he plays is fortnite a cheap PC would do just as well as a xbox

╔═════════════╦═══════════════════════════════════════════╗
║__________________║ hardware_____________________________________________________ ║
╠═════════════╬═══════════════════════════════════════════╣
║ cpu ______________║ ryzen 9 5900x_________________________________________________ ║
║ GPU______________║ ASUS strix LC RX6800xt______________________________________ _║
║ motherboard_______ ║ asus crosshair formulla VIII______________________________________║
║ memory___________║ CMW32GX4M2Z3600C18 ______________________________________║
║ SSD______________║ Samsung 980 PRO 1TB_________________________________________ ║
║ PSU______________║ Corsair RM850x 850W _______________________ __________________║
║ CPU cooler _______ ║ Be Quiet be quiet! PURE LOOP 360mm ____________________________║
║ Case_____________ ║ Thermaltake Core X71 __________________________________________║
║ HDD_____________ ║ 2TB and 6TB HDD ____________________________________________║
║ Front IO__________   ║ LG blu-ray drive & 3.5" card reader, [trough a 5.25 to 3.5 bay]__________║
║ OS_______________ ║ Windows 10 PRO______________________________________________║
╚═════════════╩═══════════════════════════════════════════╝

On 5/16/2021 at 5:33 AM, darknessblade said:

Why not get a Good work/Gaming PC?

then give your kid a Epic games account, where you often add a few free games they give away once in a while.

depending on what games he want, you could check if there is a sale on steam, and give him a {cheapo} Xbox style controller.

Most games currently support crossplatform play.

it all depends on what games he wants to play, if all he plays is fortnite a cheap PC would do just as well as a xbox

Jeez, you're necroing old console thread to evangelize for PC gaming when scrub ass cards like RX 580 and GTX 1660 Supers costs $500.

On 4/24/2021 at 7:17 PM, Surestgarlic2 said:

Consoles may seem good but they really are not like a pc I have an old pc that will still run the latest games and it came out before the xbox 360 but look at a 360 they suck now so a pc is obviously a good choice just get a baddas pc and it will be better in the long run

That’s the biggest bunch of BS I have seen on these forums.

A computer from 2005.... is going to “run” modern games.... Your Athlon 64 fx and geforce 6800 isn’t going to run anything modern.

On 4/12/2021 at 4:22 PM, Surestgarlic2 said:

Don't get an xbox they break very easily get a pc 

lol mate,I owned xbox one S,One X and now series S and never had problems.