Is it ok to leave Lenovo Legion 5 on quiet mode while editing?

Hey folks! I recently got the Lenovo Legion 5 (R7 4800H, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, GTX 1660ti) and started doing a bit of editing.

It has three thermal modes: Quiet, Balanced and Performance. I still haven't had any problems with any of these modes while editing, so I'm curious, is it ok to just leave it on quiet? Will that damage the health of the laptop long term?

It won't damage the computer, but because how CPUs protect themselves, you will possibly experience thermal throttling

It won't damage it, no. The CPU is smart enough to sense that it's聽warmer聽and will lower its speed accordingly, as you will be running it a tad warmer, but letting the fans loose is a good idea during editing aka Performance Mode. You'd be leaving performance on the table during editing in quiet mode.

Attention is what makes life meaningful.

Also, please quote me for聽a reply. 馃檪

On most laptops quiet mode is just that, it聽runs the fans slower聽so it'll hit the same temps but quicker and deliver less performance.

F@H
Desktop:聽i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0,聽Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO,聽Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro聽RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan),聽Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

On 4/12/2021 at 2:51 PM, Kilrah said:

On most laptops quiet mode is just that, it聽runs the fans slower聽so it'll hit the same temps but quicker and deliver less performance.

On 4/12/2021 at 2:50 PM, AnirbanG007 said:

It won't damage it, no. The CPU is smart enough to sense that it's聽warmer聽and will lower its speed accordingly, as you will be running it a tad warmer, but letting the fans loose is a good idea during editing aka Performance Mode. You'd be leaving performance on the table during editing in quiet mode.

On 4/12/2021 at 2:44 PM, Zongohihello said:

It won't damage the computer, but because how CPUs protect themselves, you will possibly experience thermal throttling

Thank you guys