After removing ram and reinstalling it pc wont turn on

La Jake

Hi and thanks for your help in advance. I have recently been experiencing issues with csgo graphics(random grey spots on maps). Tried to fix it using every method that I could find, most recently reinstalling windows. That didn’t help so I tried to remove and reinstall ram after blowing off the dust. Now the machine tries to turn on, turns on for 3-4 seconds, and shuts down and without me doing anything tries to turn on again and does that on a loop. (Screen wasn’t displaying any images while the machine is “on”)

4 minutes ago, La Jake said:

Hi and thanks for your help in advance. I have recently been experiencing issues with csgo graphics(random grey spots on maps). Tried to fix it using every method that I could find, most recently reinstalling windows. That didn’t help so I tried to remove and reinstall ram after blowing off the dust. Now the machine tries to turn on, turns on for 3-4 seconds, and shuts down and without me doing anything tries to turn on again and does that on a loop. (Screen wasn’t displaying any images while the machine is “on”)

Did you install it in the same slots? Also try to remove the silver CMOS battery for a few minutes and then reseat it again.

PM or DM me if you have any questions about audio.

My PC specs & audio gear

CPU > Intel core i7 14700K, GPU > RTX 4070 ProArt, RAM > Corsair Vengeance DDR5 2x16gb 5600mhz, Motherboard > Asus ROG Strix B760-F, Storage > 1TB M.2  & 500GB M.2 Kingston, Cooling > H150i Elite, PSU > MSI A850GL

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

Beyerdynamic Tygr 300 R w/ Dekoni Velour as daily driver

Soundblaster AE-9 Soundcard

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

Keyboard > SteelSeries Apex Pro

Mouse > Steelseries Aerox 3 wireless

Mousepad > Pulsar ParaSpeed XXL

VR > Valve index kit

Read this post if you want a "gaming" headset ;)

Like others have said already try clearing CMOS.
If that doesn't help then reseat the ram, after that reseat the ram... after that, you guessed it... reseat the ram. 🤣
I kid you not, I've seen some seriously poor ram slots that only after a lot convincing (5-10x) would make good contact with the sticks.
Doesn't cost you anything, doesn't take too much time, good luck.

VGhlIHF1aWV0ZXIgeW91IGJlY29tZSwgdGhlIG1vcmUgeW91IGFyZSBhYmxlIHRvIGhlYXIu

^ not a crypto wallet

4 minutes ago, Haraikomono said:

do a cmos reset foremost

Tnx, i'll try to do that :)

4 minutes ago, Tigerleon said:

Did you install it in the same slots? Also try to remove the silver CMOS battery for a few minutes and then reseat it again.

Yep, same slots, also tried the other slots, same issue.

3 minutes ago, Biohazard777 said:

Like others have said already try clearing CMOS.
If that doesn't help then reseat the ram, after that reseat the ram... after that, you guessed it... reseat the ram. 🤣
I kid you not, I've seen some seriously poor ram slots that only after a lot convincing (5-10x) would make good contact with the sticks.
Doesn't cost you anything, doesn't take too much time, good luck.

Hmm, ok, I guess its worth a try :D tnx

7 minutes ago, La Jake said:

Hmm, ok, I guess its worth a try 😄 tnx

Don't worry I am not totally insane hah, there is method behind my madness.
Contacts on the ram slot and memory stick get oxidised over time, you can clean the contacts on the stick easily but cleaning the slot is not something I wouldn't recommend to anyone... By reseating it multiple times you wear off that tiny amount of oxidation which is causing higher resistance and there you go, you've got good contact again.

VGhlIHF1aWV0ZXIgeW91IGJlY29tZSwgdGhlIG1vcmUgeW91IGFyZSBhYmxlIHRvIGhlYXIu

^ not a crypto wallet

35 minutes ago, La Jake said:

Yep, same slots, also tried the other slots, same issue.

Very high chance they were not fully installed, you have to press pretty hard. There should be two distinct clicks when you press in the ram.

update: reseting cmos didnt help, still tries to turn on, graphics card turns on and then everything shuts down after 3-4 seconds.

We ARE GOLDENNNNNN!!!!! Thank you guys for the help!!!!! Had to remove ram multiple times, but it finally worked!!!!

1 minute ago, La Jake said:

We ARE GOLDENNNNNN!!!!! Thank you guys for the help!!!!! Had to remove ram multiple times, but it finally worked!!!!

make sure to go into task manager and check all of your ram is in