First PC Build for Medium Level Gaming Advice? - $1300US

York18
Go to solution Solved by Frugivore8894,
7 hours ago, York18 said:

Yea I've got about $420 to spare but I wanted to know if I should save this until I can buy a new, better GPU or if I could buy other components that would enable me to play high end games like RDII or CB77

I would say you need to upgrade that cpu or downgrade the MB. It’s a bit off balance but I would not spend too much on thoughts things. I would do what you got (upgraded cpu) and save up for a better card in the future. When I say upgrade I would just do a 3600x or 5600 if you can find it.

Budget (including currency): $1300US

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaming (Diablo II Resurrected & Elder Scrolls Online) 

Other details: Already have the GPU, monitor (bought it), and Windows; still looking for a new gaming keyboard and speakers

Hey Everyone!

I recently got a GeForce 1060 3GB from a friend, so I'm making my first PC build to switch to PC gaming and wanted some advice on how this looks, plus peripheral and future upgrade recommendations. I want this new build to run games like Witcher 3, Diablo II Resurrected, and ESO.

I want to one day run Red Dead II and Cyberpunk 2077 on my PC, but it looks like those typically require 6GB video cards, so my questions are:

1. Do you have any general concerns or comments with this?

2. Could I buy a better CPU and run RDII or CB2077 or should I just save my money and wait for GPU prices to drop?

3. Any keyboard or speaker recommendations within my budget?

Any advice is greatly appreciated so thanks in advance!!

1456276282_PCPartPickerBuild.thumb.PNG.ab32177e3f9242b49696eb2ac258102d.PNG

If I am correct you have $500 to spare. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Qm9Mwc

Main Project:

A desk that has a hatch that opens in the middle of it and then goes down flush with the desk. 

Other projects I am working on 

• Sleeper TI-99 4A
  • Second Keyboard

12 minutes ago, Frugivore8894 said:

If I am correct you have $500 to spare. 

Yea I've got about $420 to spare but I wanted to know if I should save this until I can buy a new, better GPU or if I could buy other components that would enable me to play high end games like RDII or CB77

34 minutes ago, York18 said:

Budget (including currency): $1300US

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaming (Diablo II Resurrected & Elder Scrolls Online) 

Other details: Already have the GPU, monitor (bought it), and Windows; still looking for a new gaming keyboard and speakers

Hey Everyone!

I recently got a GeForce 1060 3GB from a friend, so I'm making my first PC build to switch to PC gaming and wanted some advice on how this looks, plus peripheral and future upgrade recommendations. I want this new build to run games like Witcher 3, Diablo II Resurrected, and ESO.

I want to one day run Red Dead II and Cyberpunk 2077 on my PC, but it looks like those typically require 6GB video cards, so my questions are:

1. Do you have any general concerns or comments with this?

2. Could I buy a better CPU and run RDII or CB2077 or should I just save my money and wait for GPU prices to drop?

3. Any keyboard or speaker recommendations within my budget?

Any advice is greatly appreciated so thanks in advance!!

1456276282_PCPartPickerBuild.thumb.PNG.ab32177e3f9242b49696eb2ac258102d.PNG

3200g is 4c/4t
10400 is 6c/12t
g series is super inflated get a 10400
3200g msrp is $99 fyi

7 hours ago, York18 said:

I would say you need to upgrade that cpu or downgrade the MB. It’s a bit off balance but I would not spend too much on thoughts things. I would do what you got (upgraded cpu) and save up for a better card in the future. When I say upgrade I would just do a 3600x or 5600 if you can find it.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Qm9Mwc

Main Project:

A desk that has a hatch that opens in the middle of it and then goes down flush with the desk. 

Other projects I am working on 

• Sleeper TI-99 4A
  • Second Keyboard