I just scored a RTX 3070 and am planning a new build

Monkey2001

Budget (including currency): -

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: VRnot planning on using it for video editing

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): I already have 2 srcreens(1 at 144Hz) and keybourd/mouse (Roccat and LogitechG) 

image.thumb.png.94246f99dbc35ee203cc1f8f24af73d1.png

(https://pcpartpicker.com/list/2v4ct8)

This would be my parts list.

Don't mind the prices because i will buy them in a different currency/country.

I am aware that i could get an cheaper motherboard with similar features (like the MSI B550M PRO-VDH WIFI) but i really like the TUF and its fast wifi/ethernet.

My biggest question mark is if i should go for more RAM and if it is worth it to buy 3600 memory.

Thanks for your help

According to some reports, Zen 3 does better with 4 sticks of RAM, and I would recommend sticking at 3600 if you're running everything else high end.

On 4/11/2021 at 8:36 PM, Monkey2001 said:

Budget (including currency): -

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: VRnot planning on using it for video editing

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): I already have 2 srcreens(1 at 144Hz) and keybourd/mouse (Roccat and LogitechG) 

image.thumb.png.94246f99dbc35ee203cc1f8f24af73d1.png

(https://pcpartpicker.com/list/2v4ct8)

This would be my parts list.

Don't mind the prices because i will buy them in a different currency/country.

I am aware that i could get an cheaper motherboard with similar features (like the MSI B550M PRO-VDH WIFI) but i really like the TUF and its fast wifi/ethernet.

My biggest question mark is if i should go for more RAM and if it is worth it to buy 3600 memory.

Thanks for your help

However, ram is very essential for VR. 16 GBs is enough if you play “1080” and at 60 FPS. Otherwise, you don’t have to buy a new set of ram to upgrade. If you have more slots then sometimes just getting a 4 stick makes everything so much smoother.

8 gigs is a must!
16 gigs is sweet spot
32 gigs well now depending on game/software it will make your experience smoother.

now i don't know much of cas latency and it's effect in VR.