PC recognises bluetooth headphones as a different type of device

Keamon

Hello

I have a pair of Sennheiser HD 450BT headphones, and I am eager to use them as my PC headphones. However, when I try to conect them, It recognises the as something other than headphones and doesn't play audio, or just refuses to connect at all. 

Thanks to anyone who has a solution

Do your headphones show up as an option in your sound settings?

To check right click the speaker symbol in the task bar near the clock -> Open Sound settings -> Choose your output device

Maybe Windows recognizes it but it just isn't selected. If it doesn't show you can also try the built in troubleshooting (right click on the speaker -> Troubleshoot sound problems)

18 hours ago, Breyf said:

Do your headphones show up as an option in your sound settings?

To check right click the speaker symbol in the task bar near the clock -> Open Sound settings -> Choose your output device

Maybe Windows recognizes it but it just isn't selected. If it doesn't show you can also try the built in troubleshooting (right click on the speaker -> Troubleshoot sound problems)

nah, tried that. It says it's paired, but there is no option to make it connect, and it still thinks it's something other than a pair of headphones

Did you already check your device settings in windows? In the bluetooth settings on the right click on "Devices and printers". You should see your headphones there. Double click the icon and switch to the "Services" tab. Check if there is a audio service listed that's unchecked.

If no Audio service is listed you can try if the windows troubleshooting fixes it. Right click on the device and click troubleshoot.

23 hours ago, Breyf said:

Did you already check your device settings in windows? In the bluetooth settings on the right click on "Devices and printers". You should see your headphones there. Double click the icon and switch to the "Services" tab. Check if there is a audio service listed that's unchecked.

If no Audio service is listed you can try if the windows troubleshooting fixes it. Right click on the device and click troubleshoot.

I tried htis and it didn't work. I think I'm gonna buy a bluetooth adapter, because I think there must be something wrong with my motherboard's bluetooth