Companies that sell GPU's are LIARS!!! (Proof)

Combat_Killer

Hello All,

I watched a video from Linus and a few others that all stated that the reason why PC Parts are priced high was do to Covid and amongst other things, well i have proof now that they are all lying and they are just as bad as the scalpers and everyone else that are just simply ripping off people.

I could understand that supply and demand for the brand new stuff etc... AND i know Linus had just recently done a video about the reason why they are selling the new stuff with the ridiculous pricing, but i also did watch a few videos about people saying that companies are complaining about dont blame them for the prices because the suppliers have jacked up the prices and they are just passing it onto their customers. 

Well i have proof now that this is all bullshit.

Sapphire Radeon RX 580 8 GB PULSE Video Card (11265-05-20G) - PCPartPicker

I also attached screenshot incase this link changes.

Now , as far as i know the RX 580 is a discontinued product so how in the hell did these companies get BRAND NEW RX 580's ???
The only reason why i know this was because before Covid, i was in search for a GPU and i checked every online store here in Australia to find either a RX 580 and RX 590 and they all had 0 stock, so we ended up buying another GPU.

So this is why when i see companies claim they are looking after their customers is all bullshit and this is the exact reason why i have absolutely 0 respect for any company that claims this crap, PERIOD!!!!

Now these GPU have been out of production for awhile now, so i dont know how these companies are selling them as "BRAND NEW" when they all had 0 stock when i was trying to find one before, thats how i know this.

Cheers,

GPU pricing RX580.PNG

Discontinued means the product is no longer being manufactured. It doesn't mean it was wiped from circulation.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Companies can, and often will, keep old stock on hand.

EVGA made the 980 in my old server rig. They stopped making them years and years ago, but EVGA probably has a few of them still laying around... And after the warranty expired on the final cards made, I'm sure they probably dropped a bunch on the market.

Just because something has been 'out of production' also doesn't mean that there aren't parts available (GPU cores, memory, fully functional dies, board controllers, etc) to make more if needs be.

And then there's always the possibility that they restart production on an older card, since they can't meet demand for new cards, if they could start pumping out old RX580 cards, and not hamper the production of the newer cards, why shouldn't they?

You've literally posted no 'proof' of anything.

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

6 minutes ago, Combat_Killer said:

Now , as far as i know the RX 580 is a discontinued product so how in the hell did these companies get BRAND NEW RX 580's ???

You never learn how inventory management even in a very clean place like amazon and newegg, are you? Old stocks sometimes pops because they scrap around for other stuff and they put it for sale. Demand drives price up and bam, theyre sold for huge cash. Some are scums who buys lightly used ebay cards and mark it as refurbished, but thats a massive liability that i wont expect anyone thats big in the game would do.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

Remember when Crucial sent Linus a NIB Micron case from the late 90's? It's the same idea. Companies keep stock of discontinued products. They don't say, "Oh, this product is discontinued, I better throw out all these perfectly good products!"

Also jacked up prices from suppliers is a recent thing, its not the reason for the shortage rather than a consequence of it.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity