GC-TITAN RIDGE (rev. 2.0) detect issue for thunderbolt 3 for media work

utsabnov

I was a mac user for several years but when pandemic struck I shifted to PC.

The problem:

My GC-TITAN RIDGE (rev. 2.0) on X570 AORUS PRO WIFI motherboard does not always get detected on Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.

Some Workarounds:

It works perfect when I start PC first time of the day but once I shut down or restart no guarantee it will be detected again. I have to give multiple restarts or disconnect RTX 3080's HDMI or DP cable to get it detected.

If I give long breaks that helps it get detected on windows 10 Pro 64 bit running with GeForce RTX™ 3080 EAGLE OC 10G along with AMD Ryzen 7 - 8 core (2700) CPU.

Thunderbolt Control Center shows the drive fine for TBH3 when GC-TITAN RIDGE (rev. 2.0) when detected. (mb_driver_626_thunderboltdch_1.41.890.0)

1001159159_Screenshot2021-04-11113723.jpg.1d33cac55118a0033412951bfa61a1df.jpg

Related links:

GC-TITAN RIDGE (rev. 2.0)

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GC-TITAN-RIDGE-rev-20#kf

GeForce RTX™ 3080 EAGLE OC 10G

https://www.gigabyte.com/Graphics-Card/GV-N3080EAGLE-OC-10GD/support#support-dl-driver

Side topic/Add on info.

I use raids with mac formatted drives on windows to color grade on Assimilate Scratch, Da Vinci Resolve Studio & Adobe CC. Lacie raids seems to be working fine with LaCie Desktop Manager along with regular hard drives with mac drive pro or paragon but not with Gtech's so I have to manually tell g tech drives in device manger where to look for drivers every time I connect or eject.

Informed Gtech India. They were not much of help on the emails but they did call me. They just washed there hands saying try using paragon and later on mentioned we don't support on windows.

• 1 month later...

Update - Looks like Bios flash update sorted it. (Still testing)

• 1 year later...

Hey man, did your issue got resolved? I'm getting the same kinds of error...