First build, cant seem to get to POST

NoMoreJedi

So after a couple of years of saving I finally managed to get enough funds to make my first ever pc build. After assembling everything, I put it all into the case and hooked it up to my monitor. 

However after hooking it up I could not get it to post. My motherboard ez debug cpu light was on so I assumed I'd done something wrong. I took off the old thermal paste cleaned the cooler and cpu, then reapplied a new coat of thermal paste. Reattached the cooler and then the LED on the motherboard switched to the DRAM.

So I went ahead, and took out both sticks of RAM checked my mobo manual, seated them in DIMMA2 and DIMMB2 as it suggested. Then after all that the led for the DRAM was still on. Removed both sticks yet again, reseated only one in DIMMA2 then rebooted. Still no post. After reseating one one stick of RAM in DIMMB2 I finally got it to POST.

I changed some settings in the bios and restarted the system, only for it to fail to POST yet again. This time however the VGA light turned on. It turned out that I had failed to set it into the slot properly. Rebooted and afterewards the LED was stuck on the BOOT LED.

My monitor is receiving no signal and I'm at a loss for what to do. 

I watched a couple youtube videos on LTT and even JayzTwoCents for assistance, looked up on google and found a couple forum posts here that suggested to clear CMOS, so I did that and it still has no signal with the debug light on BOOT.

Did i do something wrong? Is something broken?

Any help would be immensely appreciated.

Case: Cooler Master TD500 Mesh black

Motherboard: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk 

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900x

CPU Cooler: Wraith Prism

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32gb (2×16gb)

GPU: MSI Geforce GTX 1660 super

PSU: Corsair CX650F RGB 650W 80+ Bronze

SSD: XPG S40G 512gb

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 8tb

Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG27VH1B 27

Edited by NoMoreJedi
Missing info

Try putting all of your parts into PC part picker if you haven’t already. It a free easy to use website and it will check to see if your pc parts are compatible.

14 minutes ago, ConnorPetersen22 said:

Try putting all of your parts into PC part picker if you haven’t already. It a free easy to use website and it will check to see if your pc parts are compatible.

I tried out the site. It showed no compatibility issues from the parts itself

Just now, NoMoreJedi said:

I tried out the site. It showed no compatibility issues from the parts itself

Try going through your whole computer again and make sure every single connection is firmly pushed into place. One connection could cause the whole computer to not work.

12 hours ago, ConnorPetersen22 said:

Try going through your whole computer again and make sure every single connection is firmly pushed into place. One connection could cause the whole computer to not work.

Took the entire thing apart, checked all the pins and connections still no post sadly

not sure if you have any of your accessories connected yet try to start it with everything unplugged sometimes mice, keyboards, usb mics can cause a no post.

7 minutes ago, Altrill said:

not sure if you have any of your accessories connected yet try to start it with everything unplugged sometimes mice, keyboards, usb mics can cause a no post.

Initially I had my keyboard and mouse plugged in as well as an speaker. I've unplugged everything but still cannot get it to display anything on my monitor. I have my hdd plugged in as well(blank drive) and my m.2 ssd. Should I disconnect them too? 

I would give that a shot as well.  i have had a HDD cause a no post issue too. 

4 minutes ago, Altrill said:

I would give that a shot as well.  i have had a HDD cause a no post issue too. 

Well what's interesting is I can get all the ez debug lights to be off If I connect a usb flash drive. But it will still not display anything. I did change the boot order to the flash drive the one time it managed to post. Should I remove cmos battery to clear my settings?

Changing the boot order SHOULD not be a issue because when it figures out the primary boot is not available it should just go to the next one in line.  But that being said removing the battery and waiting 30 seconds or whatever is a fairly easy thing to do so it would not hurt to try just make sure power is off and unplugged obviously.

I cleared cmos and it seems like the monitor gets an initial signal. But still nothing is displayed. Maybe someone can spot something wrong from the image?16181677358541601234069387676224.thumb.jpg.0705c1f9a241b9c60c0316bee9ee26c6.jpg