Asus PRIME B550 PLUS - Mic full of static

FuZz3

Hi, i bought a new motherboard Asus PRIME B550-PLUS. This motherboard claims to have protections against static and stuff.

I connected my Razer Kraken X direct in the motherboard and it outputs a lot of static in the mic. Previously my older Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 didnt had any type of static with the same mic. How is this possible???

I have since reinstalled the audio drivers a lot, i have disconnected the front panel audio connecter and still the same! I tried connecting in the fron aio and its better but still full of static! How do i solve this? I didnt want to buy an audio card because this mobo its suppost to protect me against this type of noise.

Please Please help me!

Specs:
ASUS PRIME B550 PLUS
Ryzen 5 3600X
AMD RX 5700XT
16Gb Ripjaws V

Audio components are stupidd sensitive to static and noise around a pc. Sure it may be shielded but it's still inside an enclosed case by a noisy cpu and noisy GPU these days this tends to be less of a problem but it still happens. Your motherboard isn't unique either most motherboards have shielding around their audio in some way some people just decide to highlight it as a feature. Best thing to do is buy some sort of external solution.

9 hours ago, rice guru said:

Audio components are stupidd sensitive to static and noise around a pc. Sure it may be shielded but it's still inside an enclosed case by a noisy cpu and noisy GPU these days this tends to be less of a problem but it still happens. Your motherboard isn't unique either most motherboards have shielding around their audio in some way some people just decide to highlight it as a feature. Best thing to do is buy some sort of external solution.

Is a external audio card a solution? like a dongle? or do i have to get a internal sound card?

3 hours ago, FuZz3 said:

Is a external audio card a solution? like a dongle? or do i have to get a internal sound card?

Assuming your headset is not connected via USB (which probably is not since you are getting static), you can either get an internal sound card, which will have much better shielding than onboard, or you can get an external Amp/DAC.