Best gpus for an old high-end workstation pc?

MeatySoup42

Hi, I recently got gifted an old workstation pc. It is the dell precision 690 and has dual 4-core xeon e5345s, 16gbs of ram and 120gbs ssd.

I'm trying to make this into a pc which I can play games like rainbow six siege, GTA 5, valorant and minecraft on and I don't mind lowering my resolution to 720p. All I want is a stable  ~30 fps experience in gta and ~60 fps in rainbow six siege and valorant.

The pc originally came with a old Nvidia Quadro 4000. I struggled to installed it's drivers so replaced it with a nvidia gt 620.

The gt 620 is fine for Minecraft and performs okay with valorant but I want to play some more of the games on my list.

The pcie version is 1.1.

The pc has 6pin pcie power connectors for gpu.

I've been looking at GPUs like the GTX 750 ti or GTX 960 2gb but I'm worried my CPUs will bottleneck.

Any suggestions for GPUs would be greatly appreciated!

Go for 1060 or 1650S. Cpu will be bottlenecking the GPU, but it will be fine for games(this cpu is recommended with 1050 TI) but u can go a little higher and use higher details and also 1080p instead of 720p, the lower resolution is, more load is put on the cpu. So I would happily go for 1060 or 1650s

On 4/10/2021 at 5:50 PM, tomcer2003 said:

Go for 1060 or 1650S. Cpu will be bottlenecking the GPU, but it will be fine for games(this cpu is recommended with 1050 TI) but u can go a little higher and use higher details and also 1080p instead of 720p, the lower resolution is, more load is put on the cpu. So I would happily go for 1060 or 1650s

thank you. I will be trying my 1650 that I have in my other pc.