Epic Games Store has Android as a future platform

Just found out about this.

Now, whether you love Epic games or hate them, I have to
 admit that Android is desperately in need of a dedicated games app store. The Google Play storecs game section just doesn't fulfill all of the informational needs of game stores.

I have emailed Steam and Gog about adding Android to their platforms as well, however I hazven't heard back from them.

Screenshot_20210410-005451.thumb.png.c4b9cdb024b4f2bec95b081c33308fa1.png

Another game store? i hated installing multiple stores in my pc.

Google play is okay by me.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

I’ll say it once, I’ll say it a million times, epic is getting themselves ready to be bought. Having a robust software, feature, game and now storefront selection makes them more valuable, thus requiring more to be paid out for someone who might just want unreal or fortnite.

I still won’t touch anything of theirs with a 10 foot pole as their business practices have hurt the games industry in pursuit of a short term profit rather than a genuine want to improve it.

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

4 minutes ago, Jumballi said:

I’ll say it once, I’ll say it a million times, epic is getting themselves ready to be bought. Having a robust software, feature, game and now storefront selection makes them more valuable, thus requiring more to be paid out for someone who might just want unreal or fortnite.

I still won’t touch anything of theirs with a 10 foot pole as their business practices have hurt the games industry in pursuit of a short term profit rather than a genuine want to improve it.

Bought by who, though? The Epic Games Store certainly isn't profitable right now. I feel like the whole giving away games for free on the Epic store hasn't really worked for them. The few people I know who use the Epic store downloaded it for the free games, and not much else. 

Main PC:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X • Noctua NH-D15 • MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk • 2x8GB G.skill Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CL16 • MSI VENTUS 3X GeForce RTX 3070 OC • Samsung 970 Evo 1TB • Samsung 860 Evo 1TB • Cosair iCUE 465X RGB • Corsair RMx 750W (White)

Peripherals/Other:

ASUS VG27AQ • G PRO K/DA • G502 Hero K/DA • G733 K/DA • G840 K/DA • Oculus Quest 2 • Nintendo Switch (Rev. 2)

Laptop (Dell XPS 13):

Intel Core i7-1195G7 • Intel Iris Xe Graphics • 16GB LPDDR4x 4267MHz • 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD • 13.4" OLED 3.5K InfinityEdge Display (3456x2160, 400nit, touch). 

Got any questions about my system or peripherals? Feel free to tag me (@bellabichon) and I'll be happy to give you my two cents. 

PSA: Posting a PCPartPicker list with no explanation isn't helpful for first-time builders :)

If I understood the Trello site correctly (never used Trello so might have misunderstood something), the last update to the "Android Store" plan was when it got moved from Long Term to Future Development, that happened Aug 30, 2019, so by no means is this news. That was also before Epic filed the lawsuit against Google, though I couldn't find much updates on how that is going. Needless to say don't hold your breath for this happening any time soon. 

1 minute ago, bellabichon said:

Bought by who, though? They're certainly not profitable right now. I feel like the whole giving away games for free on the Epic store hasn't really worked for them. The few people I know who use the Epic store downloaded it for the free games, and not much else. 

I was going to ask the same question. If being bought is their goal though, giving away free games makes sense if they are trying to boost the number of people who use EGS. Having a higher number of users, even if most those user's have never actually purchased anything and only signed up for free games, would make them seem more valuable, if only at first glance. 

11 minutes ago, bellabichon said:

Bought by who, though? The Epic Games Store certainly isn't profitable right now. I feel like the whole giving away games for free on the Epic store hasn't really worked for them. The few people I know who use the Epic store downloaded it for the free games, and not much else. 

My current theory is Sony, their biggest supporter who lacks a presence on the PC scene. Sony’s ps4 exclusives launched on the egs first, and the increasing pc gamer market is only feeding Microsoft's wallet atm.

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming