rgb story what yours? anything rgb talk welcome

so ill tell you my rgb story and how i got in to rgb. so some of you no my insane build in the thermaltake core w200 that's been sitting in my living room for 3 years... anyway i was just going to do rgb fans at the time and had no idea what the difference between rgb and argb was. i looked up a few videos here and there and still didn't really understand it. well i found on amazon the coolermaster master flow 140mm fans 3 fan set and the rgb looked ok. well some reason i ordered 2 sets and i dont no if both fans came form one set or 1 fan from each set but the fan barring was no good it vibrated so bad i was like dam i cant use this and i was going to add 24 of these fans to my build....good thing i only got 6. well that's $150 down the drain. the rgb controller seemed to work just fine thow.

anyway i found some refurbished corsair hd 120mm fans on newegg and go a bunch of sets 24 fans. at first i was wondering why they were refurbished but i found out it was the manual controllers that came with the kits that was no good thx god and only 1 fan ahd 1 led out. i saved about $10 each set over buying it new.

then i wanted rgb everything... so i got lian li rgb streamer 24pin and 2x 8 pin, rgb flow meteor, barrow rgb rez tube leds, corsair rgb ram cooler, about 16 meteors of argb strips, (need more) and of cores they all had different connectors on them and i wanted it to all work with the corsair controller so that lead me down this road of fined all the connectors, controllers, cables and pin outs. i didn't want to buy corsair strips as they were expensive so i got the long strip instead.

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

I bought an RGB mouse.

Then I downloaded the RGB software to change the color to static red, and never touched the software again. o.x

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

1 minute ago, Sarra said:

I bought an RGB mouse.

Then I downloaded the RGB software to change the color to static red, and never touched the software again. o.x

to each there own

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

bought a few strips to throw in my pc just for pure illumination, realized that the white quality was crap and spending insane amounts of money on flashy lights was ridiculous 

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

9 minutes ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

bought a few strips to throw in my pc just for pure illumination, realized that the white quality was crap and spending insane amounts of money on flashy lights was ridiculous 

well latest you got in and out cheap.

All that talk about loads of RGB in your build and you're not going to post pics of it here? (I did check out the build guide, not sure if I just missed it but I didn't see a pic of the whole things assembled with all the RGB.)

Personally I'm more of a function over form person, but when I do want to make something look good I go for a clean, minimalistic look. RGB has its place and I get why people like it, but my extent with working with RGB is figuring out how to turn it off when a component happened to come with it. I think the only place I have RGB lighting intentionally is for my desk/room, but even that is more function driven since it serves the purpose of lighting up the room enough to see, without having the main bright lights on. 

I got bored in lock down so I bought some RGB fans. Where I preferred my noctua fans I bolted the RGB over the top like a veneer. Side panel has been off since december coz ive been lazy.

20210410_192743.jpg

got a msi vigor gk30 keyboard, used it only in steady color and then switched to a classic dell keyboard cause the rgb one was giving me headaches when I used it during the night (and I basically sold it for the same price that I bought it).

I would still recommend it tho cause it's a pretty solid one and has a very nice touch to it, but overall I'm not really a rgb guy so in retrospect I didnt get to fully enjoy it mainly because of personal preference. Idk I find rgb focused builds to be a bit tacky. I can appreciate like a rgb cpu cooler or some rgb ram sticks, but when the whole build has everything rgb... oh man I can't take it. I appreciate the effort for the aesthetics, but unfortunately it's not for me 😞 would love to get more into it though cause I would like to build a pc with a clear/white and glass case and make everything on the inside mint green/light green, but I really do not have any interest lately into making some research on it (and that's my fault lol) 

I’m bought an RGB keyboard, mouse and headset. The RBG on the headset and mouse are turned off. The keyboard lights up white for work time and highlights useful keys when gaming for certain games. That’s the best use of RGB I have found.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

Whats funny is at first I wasn't into RGB anything at all. When I started planning my current build I first bought the mobo, which apparently had a bit of red LEDs and a few channels into the pcb for lighting. Had no idea they existed until I powered the system for the first time. Then later I found out my Sapphire RX480 (which died last year; now replaced with a MSI 480) has an adjustable RGB logo. I felt like I had slowly and unintentionally moved into RGB territory. My case at the time (S340 Elite) was the first case I ever had with a glass sidepanel; made it a bit enticing to get something extra so got 2 CM Masterfan 120s. No RGB controller or anything; they have a switch for red/blue/off. Put em on and set everything to red. Sometimes I switch one of the fans to blue for a bit of variety but thats about it. I'm thinking of replacing my current case's (Meshify C) stock front fans with some RGB ones. Oh yeah and my G413 keyboard's switches have red lighting. 

tl;dr a bit of rgb is fine and I like red uwu

Only RGB I have is on my graphic card Palit RTX 3080 GamingPro. And even that just because it's ON by default and I'd have to use their software to turn it off. Which I don't want to use. Silverstone case that I use is a solid black monolith so I frankly don't care.

I only have Twinkly RGB christmas lights on my closet as a room ambient light as it reflects from the ceiling. Actually looks pretty neat and only place where I'm ever going to use RGB.

I've a corsair rgb keyboard, wanted a backlit one, got this thing and different colours on keys are set for macros and different modes. 

I generally think most rgb is pretty stupud, but I have blue leds in the front of my case so I'm also probably a hypocrite, I'm old enough to remember the cold cathode craze, rgb is basically just the same thing 

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

My first DIY PC in 2014 had blue LED fans (My favorite color). Then I saw people on the internet with some amazing builds and color combos. Now I have the RAM, strips, fans KB/M, etc. I won't graduate to the strimer cables though. Too much for me, lol

Leonidas Specs: Ryzen 7 5800X3D | AMD 6800 XT Midnight Black | MSI B550 Gaming Plus | Corsair Dominator CL16 3200 MHz  4x8 32GB | be quiet! Silent Base 802

Maximus Specs: Ryzen 7 3700x | AMD 6700 XT Power Color Fighter | Asrock B550M-Itx/AC | Corsair Vengeance CL 16 3200 MHz 2x8 16 GB | Fractal Ridge Case (HTPC)

I got into RGB only since Christmas 2020, that's when I did my new build, but in the same case. In 2019 I got a gaming mouse as a gift from my gf with RGB and I also started to like RGB since my EVGA card has a big portion of lighting.

Before I've always had a blue theme on my PC. Last year I upgraded my fans to a total of 15 and I decided to get more blue instead of RGB.

Now that I have a new build, I finally have RGB headers, so I want to make use of them. I got sucked into the RGB world. This year I already got RGB ledstrips, keyboard, ram and more.

I don't feel like replacing the 8 blue fans that I got last year with RGB, but I still have space for 2 fans that could be RGB. Right now I'm doing a blue/RGB combo theme for my case.

My next goal is getting 4 sticks of RGB ram instead of 2 and I think I want to get more RGB accessories just for my case. I even think of getting RGB for my desk surrounding, but I think that's some work. I'm focusing on the PC first.

18 minutes ago, GreatnessRD said:

My first DIY PC in 2014 had blue LED fans (My favorite color). Then I saw people on the internet with some amazing builds and color combos. Now I have the RAM, strips, fans KB/M, etc. I won't graduate to the strimer cables though. Too much for me, lol

Similar situation for me. I also have a limit for RGB like yours. I could even go ARGB for all, but I think that's too much.

When I was putting my current build together, I cut my thumb and spilled a lot of **R** on the case.  It was upsetting, because that was the case I spent my hard-earned **G** on.  When I went to start the computer for the first time, I held my breath waiting for that first POST and ended up turning **B** because I forgot the power to the GPU. 

That's my story of R, G, and B. 

If I have to explain every detail, I won't talk to you.  If you answer a question with what can be found through 10 seconds of googling, you've contributed nothing, as I assure you I've already considered it.

What a world we would be living in if I had to post several paragraphs every time I ask a question.

My lights are blue.

The end.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

7 hours ago, The_russian said:

All that talk about loads of RGB in your build and you're not going to post pics of it here? (I did check out the build guide, not sure if I just missed it but I didn't see a pic of the whole things assembled with all the RGB.)

Personally I'm more of a function over form person, but when I do want to make something look good I go for a clean, minimalistic look. RGB has its place and I get why people like it, but my extent with working with RGB is figuring out how to turn it off when a component happened to come with it. I think the only place I have RGB lighting intentionally is for my desk/room, but even that is more function driven since it serves the purpose of lighting up the room enough to see, without having the main bright lights on. 

ya its not done yet

my build log

rgb fans 003.jpg

5 hours ago, NineEyeRon said:

I’m bought an RGB keyboard, mouse and headset. The RBG on the headset and mouse are turned off. The keyboard lights up white for work time and highlights useful keys when gaming for certain games. That’s the best use of RGB I have found.

ya i got a NEON K51B i got it for i think like $35 didn't make the leap in to manically as i don't no if ill like the sound. but ill probably end up with a corsair rgb keyboard in the end.

only thing i dont like is pushing a buttoned every day to turn it on and off...

1177612361_IMG_5430(2).thumb.jpg.a14fdbd04a7debf4e18db8b0cb4988a4.jpg

leave it at red like my G502 mouse. never touched since

please quote me or tag me @wall03 so i can see your response

motherboard buying guide      psu buying guide      pc building guide     privacy guide

ltt meme thread

folding at home stats

pc:

RAM: 16GB DDR4-3200 CL-16

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.6GHz

SSD: 256GB SP

GPU: Radeon RX 570 8GB OC

Cinebench R23 score: 9097 (multi) 1236 (single)

don't some things look better when they are lowercase?

-wall03

hello dark mode users

goodbye light mode users

5 hours ago, Murasaki said:

Whats funny is at first I wasn't into RGB anything at all. When I started planning my current build I first bought the mobo, which apparently had a bit of red LEDs and a few channels into the pcb for lighting. Had no idea they existed until I powered the system for the first time. Then later I found out my Sapphire RX480 (which died last year; now replaced with a MSI 480) has an adjustable RGB logo. I felt like I had slowly and unintentionally moved into RGB territory. My case at the time (S340 Elite) was the first case I ever had with a glass sidepanel; made it a bit enticing to get something extra so got 2 CM Masterfan 120s. No RGB controller or anything; they have a switch for red/blue/off. Put em on and set everything to red. Sometimes I switch one of the fans to blue for a bit of variety but thats about it. I'm thinking of replacing my current case's (Meshify C) stock front fans with some RGB ones. Oh yeah and my G413 keyboard's switches have red lighting. 

tl;dr a bit of rgb is fine and I like red uwu

ya i did a build with that gpu and sold it that's when i learned about on bored argb headers... it was so bad i use the case built in rgb...

20190828_174535.jpg

4 hours ago, it_dont_work said:

I've a corsair rgb keyboard, wanted a backlit one, got this thing and different colours on keys are set for macros and different modes. 

I generally think most rgb is pretty stupud, but I have blue leds in the front of my case so I'm also probably a hypocrite, I'm old enough to remember the cold cathode craze, rgb is basically just the same thing 

ya i hear ya...i had an red cold cathode and found some orange wire loom and put that over it to make it more orange and i love orange.

001.jpg

3 hours ago, FRD said:

I got into RGB only since Christmas 2020, that's when I did my new build, but in the same case. In 2019 I got a gaming mouse as a gift from my gf with RGB and I also started to like RGB since my EVGA card has a big portion of lighting.

Before I've always had a blue theme on my PC. Last year I upgraded my fans to a total of 15 and I decided to get more blue instead of RGB.

Now that I have a new build, I finally have RGB headers, so I want to make use of them. I got sucked into the RGB world. This year I already got RGB ledstrips, keyboard, ram and more.

I don't feel like replacing the 8 blue fans that I got last year with RGB, but I still have space for 2 fans that could be RGB. Right now I'm doing a blue/RGB combo theme for my case.

My next goal is getting 4 sticks of RGB ram instead of 2 and I think I want to get more RGB accessories just for my case. I even think of getting RGB for my desk surrounding, but I think that's some work. I'm focusing on the PC first.

Similar situation for me. I also have a limit for RGB like yours. I could even go ARGB for all, but I think that's too much.

ya rgb is better and more compatible with each other over rgb. keep in mind if you do use on board rgb software and rgb ram software might not mix...when that time comes

1 hour ago, Middcore said:

My lights are blue.

The end.

probably the most common led color at the time of led colors