How to dual boot Windows and Linux

Go to solution Solved by Windows7ge,

Do you have anything on your Windows install that you need to keep?

My approach to fixing this would be to switch to AHCI and re-install Windows. Then you should be able to swap between OS's at your leisure without any extra steps.

I've recently been wanting to make the switch from windows to linux but im not quite sure how. My plan is to dual boot Windows and Linux, try to use Linux as much as possible, and switch back to Windows when needed. So, I installed Ubuntu alongside Windows boot manager, but I had to go into my BIOS settings to change the controller mode from RST to AHCI for Linux to work. But, if i want to switch back to Windows, I have to change that back. Is there any way to avoid this issue, or do I have to change that BIOS setting every time I want to change OSes.
Thanks!

My approach to fixing this would be to switch to AHCI and re-install Windows. Then you should be able to swap between OS's at your leisure without any extra steps.

6 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

This should work. Thank you for the help!