BUYER BEWARE IF PURCHASING USED EQUIPMENT from Shenzhen Dovina Electronic Technology Company Ltd

Peter Toutant

BUYER BEWARE IF PURCHASING USED EQUIPMENT from Shenzhen Dovina Electronic Technology Company Ltd. Know that it may arrive damaged FROM THE SUPPLIER and or may under perform. I purchased 2 miners and 1 was perfect and 1 came with boards that would crash. Just know, USED miners do NOT have any type of warranty and is NOT protected by the Alibaba Trade Assurance platform. THIS SELLER will do NOTHING for you but keep your money. I’m out $1000 US. I’ve spent 23 days in discussions proving my case to have the rep simply give the incorrect information over and over again until Trade Assurance closed the case. Now, this is VERY IMPORTANT if you are going to purchase from them. PRIOR TO PAYING, request the ID of the unit you would be purchasing along with a video showing the machine working consistently for a MINIMUM OF 1 DAY. Don’t be fooled with a video of multiple units being tested at the same time then moving over the miner ID’s. That doesn’t even prove that the miner they’re showing you is even plugged into the switch and or does not even tell you which computer tab applies to your specific miner. Insist that the factory test be performed ONLY on the one miner being purchased. Video should show a minimum of 1 day of hashing capabilities to ensure stability, video to include the date and time of test, then the video should move from the computer screen to follow the plugged in Ethernet cable from the PC to miner for capture the machine ID, and finally, request the contract and read it carefully, especially the conditions section at the bottom. If they did what they should have done in the first place, I could have sought damages from the shipper. In closing, Alibaba Trade Assurance reps were all professional and even wished they could do more for me. Alibaba Trade Assurance should re-revaluate this seller as a Trade Assured business as they’re giving Alibaba a bad name. All this pain would be worth it if this review can stop one other person from making the same mistake I did.

tbh I wouldn't buy anything I wanted to last super long from alibaba besides a keyboard...

COOL

| If someones post is helpful or solves your problem please mark it as a solution 🙂 |

I am a human that makes mistakes! If I'm wrong please correct me and tell me where I made the mistake. I try my best to be helpful.

System Specs

<Ryzen 5 3600 3.5-4.2Ghz> <Noctua NH-U12S chromax.Black> <ZOTAC RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB> <16gb 3200Mhz Crucial CL16> <DarkFlash DLM21 Mesh> <650w Corsair RMx 2018 80+ Gold> <Samsung 970 EVO 500gb NVMe> <WD blue 500gb SSD> <MSI MAG b550m Mortar> <5 Noctua P12 case fans>

Peripherals

<Lepow Portable Monitor + AOC 144hz 1080p monitor> 

<Keymove Snowfox 61m>

<Razer Mini>

I mean, obviously?

But the rule of thumb for buying anything on a site like Alibaba / Aliexpress / other international deal site?  Don't spend more money than you can afford to lose on something.  Cuz you have 0 guarantees of shit.  

Wall.Of.Text.

Anyone got as TL;DR on that?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

8 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Wall.Of.Text.

Anyone got as TL;DR on that?

Yeah.  Use common sense and don't buy used stuff from China.

BUYER BEWARE IF PURCHASING USED EQUIPMENT from Shenzhen Dovina Electronic Technology Company Ltd.

What? Surely not that brand which has become a household name synonymous with sterling customer service and honest business practices, Shenzhen Dovina Electronic Technology Company Ltd.! I am shaken to my very SOUL!

I purchased 2 miners and 1 was perfect and 1 came with boards that would crash.

Oh nooooo.

Anyway...

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

5 hours ago, Peter Toutant said:

Video should show a minimum of 1 day of hashing capabilities

So you want to be sent a 24 hour video?

You also realize you're asking more of them than what eBay or Amazon require of sellers?

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

8 hours ago, Peter Toutant said:

Now, this is VERY IMPORTANT if you are going to purchase from them. PRIOR TO PAYING, request the ID of the unit you would be purchasing along with a video showing the machine working consistently for a MINIMUM OF 1 DAY. Don’t be fooled with a video of multiple units being tested at the same time then moving over the miner ID’s. That doesn’t even prove that the miner they’re showing you is even plugged into the switch and or does not even tell you which computer tab applies to your specific miner. Insist that the factory test be performed ONLY on the one miner being purchased. Video should show a minimum of 1 day of hashing capabilities to ensure stability, video to include the date and time of test, then the video should move from the computer screen to follow the plugged in Ethernet cable from the PC to miner for capture the machine ID

So not gonna lie I stopped reading before this part before and boy did I miss out. I'm pretty sure even the people here who don't already despise miners are reading this and rolling their eyes.

Sorry your efforts to convert electricity into money were thwarted, but at least you were able to convert your money into entertainment for this forum.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

Theres like 1000 companies on Aliexpress called, 'Shenzhen Dovina Electronic Technology Company Ltd'.

Like any platform, do your research, read reviews on third-party sites. 

5 hours ago, IkeaGnome said:

So you want to be sent a 24 hour video?

You also realize you're asking more of them than what eBay or Amazon require of sellers?

I do NOT want a 24 hour long video. What I'm suggesting is for the business to hook up the miner to make money for 24 hours. AFTER 24 hours has passed, they can start video taping process showing the miner is stable and hashing within specified parameters. 

Alibaba is shady and unlawful in their own way. How many times I've provided them with tax exempt forms only for them to charge sales tax no matter what you do (and not refund it) they simply keep it as income without reporting.

• 8 months later...
On 4/10/2021 at 12:53 AM, Peter Toutant said:

BUYER BEWARE IF PURCHASING USED EQUIPMENT from Shenzhen Dovina Electronic Technology Company Ltd. Know that it may arrive damaged FROM THE SUPPLIER and or may under perform. I purchased 2 miners and 1 was perfect and 1 came with boards that would crash. Just know, USED miners do NOT have any type of warranty and is NOT protected by the Alibaba Trade Assurance platform. THIS SELLER will do NOTHING for you but keep your money. I’m out $1000 US. I’ve spent 23 days in discussions proving my case to have the rep simply give the incorrect information over and over again until Trade Assurance closed the case. Now, this is VERY IMPORTANT if you are going to purchase from them. PRIOR TO PAYING, request the ID of the unit you would be purchasing along with a video showing the machine working consistently for a MINIMUM OF 1 DAY. Don’t be fooled with a video of multiple units being tested at the same time then moving over the miner ID’s. That doesn’t even prove that the miner they’re showing you is even plugged into the switch and or does not even tell you which computer tab applies to your specific miner. Insist that the factory test be performed ONLY on the one miner being purchased. Video should show a minimum of 1 day of hashing capabilities to ensure stability, video to include the date and time of test, then the video should move from the computer screen to follow the plugged in Ethernet cable from the PC to miner for capture the machine ID, and finally, request the contract and read it carefully, especially the conditions section at the bottom. If they did what they should have done in the first place, I could have sought damages from the shipper. In closing, Alibaba Trade Assurance reps were all professional and even wished they could do more for me. Alibaba Trade Assurance should re-revaluate this seller as a Trade Assured business as they’re giving Alibaba a bad name. All this pain would be worth it if this review can stop one other person from making the same mistake I did.

You are really ridiculous. The machine provided you with a test video before shipment, and we only arranged the shipment after you confirmed it. The second-hand machine originally has no warranty period. If you need a better machine, Why don't you buy a brand new machine? On the contrary, all the responsibility is transferred to the supplier, and Alibaba is framed on every website. If this is the case, then you should never buy anything in China, no one will sell the product to you!

Do you still want to test a day's machine video? So why don't you pay more? With so many requests, do you think any supplier will agree to you? good luck

haha dumbass, don't buy expensive crap from alibaba, aliexpress your odds of getting screwed go up the more you pay.

All my miners I bought brand new direct from Bitmain brand new and they have worked flawlessly since 2016