2021 Ryzen Rig - Procuring parts in progress, suggestions and insight are welcome.

Budget (including currency): Unlimited Bojlers (but seriously, there is no budget at the moment, i let it rip)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: All Out Gaming - I play a ton of games. Mainly WOW, WOWS, EVE Online, and basically anything that i fancy. Planning on maxing out Homeworld 3 and other Space themed games in the near future.

Other details: Upgrading from a 2700X - 5700XT build, playing on 1440p Samsung C32HG70 at 144hz

So i planned out a Black and White build over the few months, i linked the pcpartpicker list for it.

I ordered the case, the noctua cooler and cover plate and the motherboard because i had -25% deals for them in a local PC store.

I already have the - yet unused - 5900X. In my current rig there is an ROG STRIX 5700XT and a Samsung 970 PRO 2TB with a WD Black 4TB for storage.

The 5700XT and the SSD+HDD are the only things that i plan on carrying over. Hopefully i can snatch a new GPU soon.

Now for the other new stuff:

The Corsair ram is 2x16GB not 4x8 because the motherboard is daisy-chained, not T-topology, so it SHOULD be optimal. 

The Sapphire 6900XT Nitro+ is a dream at this point, but a man must dream about something.

The Corsair 1200W PSU is overkill, by a big shot, i know, but i choose it because of 2 things. I wanted a Corsair Platinum rated PSU with 10 year warranty that i will be able to use on future builds, and i wanted the PSU to have more wattage than i need just to be safe. Also it barely costs more here than the HX1000 Platinum, so why not?

10x ML120 PRO WHITE fans because they tend to be the best performing Corsair fans and they are quiet due to the Maglev design, and i wanted some kind of illumination in the case. Also i dont care for RGB, i just set everything on white or yellow where i can. (i know RGB gives you +5 fps, but oh well)

Type 4 Gen 4 Corsair PSU Cable kit(white) because i hate stock cables. They are rigid and look horrible.

Any insight or tips and tricks for this build are very welcome. Thank you, i love you all ❤️

2 minutes ago, Novver said:

all I'm going to say is I hope you didn't pay that much on the motherboard.

3 minutes ago, Novver said:

The Corsair 1200W PSU is overkill

yeah but now you can use you future new 6900xt together with your existing 5700xt for folding@home or mining.

6 minutes ago, Novver said:

Budget (including currency): Unlimited Bojlers (but seriously, there is no budget at the moment, i let it rip)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: All Out Gaming - I play a ton of games. Mainly WOW, WOWS, EVE Online, and basically anything that i fancy. Planning on maxing out Homeworld 3 and other Space themed games in the near future.

Other details: Upgrading from a 2700X - 5700XT build, playing on 1440p Samsung C32HG70 at 144hz

So i planned out a Black and White build over the few months, i linked the pcpartpicker list for it.

I ordered the case, the noctua cooler and cover plate and the motherboard because i had -25% deals for them in a local PC store.

I already have the - yet unused - 5900X. In my current rig there is an ROG STRIX 5700XT and a Samsung 970 PRO 2TB with a WD Black 4TB for storage.

The 5700XT and the SSD+HDD are the only things that i plan on carrying over. Hopefully i can snatch a new GPU soon.

Now for the other new stuff:

The Corsair ram is 2x16GB not 4x8 because the motherboard is daisy-chained, not T-topology, so it SHOULD be optimal. 

The Sapphire 6900XT Nitro+ is a dream at this point, but a man must dream about something.

The Corsair 1200W PSU is overkill, by a big shot, i know, but i choose it because of 2 things. I wanted a Corsair Platinum rated PSU with 10 year warranty that i will be able to use on future builds, and i wanted the PSU to have more wattage than i need just to be safe. Also it barely costs more here than the HX1000 Platinum, so why not?

10x ML120 PRO WHITE fans because they tend to be the best performing Corsair fans and they are quiet due to the Maglev design, and i wanted some kind of illumination in the case. Also i dont care for RGB, i just set everything on white or yellow where i can. (i know RGB gives you +5 fps, but oh well)

Type 4 Gen 4 Corsair PSU Cable kit(white) because i hate stock cables. They are rigid and look horrible.

Any insight or tips and tricks for this build are very welcome. Thank you, i love you all ❤️

That motherboard is stupidly overkill. ANy decent B550/X570 would do a great job
DO you need that many case fans?

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

5 minutes ago, Downkey said:

if there is a slot for a fan on the case, why not fill it up?

Just now, boggy77 said:

if there is a slot for a fan on the case, why not fill it up?

10 tho?

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

2 minutes ago, Downkey said:

10 tho?

imagine having 9 tho. your build would then be 9/10. with only $30.33, you can make it 10/10

6 hours ago, boggy77 said:

all I'm going to say is I hope you didn't pay that much on the motherboard.

yeah but now you can use you future new 6900xt together with your existing 5700xt for folding@home or mining.

I paid around 300 USD for it with another cupon. It was a steal. Normally an X570-F is more expensive.
For the PSU, it is basically the same price as the 1000W, so why not ^^

6 hours ago, Downkey said:

That motherboard is stupidly overkill. ANy decent B550/X570 would do a great job

It is an overkill, but that fanless cooling tho ❤️
My first pick was the X570 Prime Pro because it was a decent X570 board and is white.

Do i need them? No. Probably 6-7 would be fine. But will it look good? Well, hope so..? :D

• 2 weeks later...

Parts  are arriving slowly from the different webshops and distributors. 

PSU, RAM and GPU still on its way.

The case has a 6 way PWM repeater but i have 10 fans. I would like to be able to control them somehow either in windows, or with iCUE.

Should i buy 2x Commander Pro's and put them on those or..?

20210419_174701.jpg

Everything but the GPU arrived, and i already had some fun with the case and fans (i couldn't wait)

I will now test out everything i can, update to the lates bios, etc.

20210427_152824.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

GPU is still not available, they will ship it when it becomes so.

In the meantime, i started to LEGO the stuff together and use it with my ASUS ROG STRIX 5700XT

20210521_145553.jpg