My 8 year old son has discovered LTT !

FurryPotato

Last week my son excitedly told me he'd started watching a cool new youtube channel that he thinks I would enjoy.

As he started to say the name, I was able to complete 'Linus Tech Tips' !聽

Great timing, as he doesn't know that we're going to be upgrading his aging PC on his Birthday at the end of May 馃檪聽(FX8350 to Ryzen 3 3300X)聽

And I'm excited, as he will finally start to understand what I'm on about when tinkering with his computer.聽

Great to have a bit of father-son bonding over LTT 馃檪

1 hour ago, FurryPotato said:

Last week my son excitedly told me he'd started watching a cool new youtube channel that he thinks I would enjoy.

As he started to say the name, I was able to complete 'Linus Tech Tips' !聽

Great timing, as he doesn't know that we're going to be upgrading his aging PC on his Birthday at the end of May 馃檪聽(FX8350 to Ryzen 3 3300X)聽

And I'm excited, as he will finally start to understand what I'm on about when tinkering with his computer.聽

Great to have a bit of father-son bonding over LTT 馃檪

Nice, but how the hell聽are you gonna get the amd ryzen 3 3300x? Its badically non-exsistent.

my signiture was cool, but its a lie now

16 minutes ago, Benji said:

He explicitly said it in a way that he made sure you're聽gonna enjoy it?

What I can imagine that he doesn't really know about the content at all but enjoys the overdriven LMG personalities, that isn't unusual for children.

But it sounds nice that you have one more thing to bond over 馃檪

Yeah, i would never have imagined聽a father and son bonding over linus tech tips lmfao

my signiture was cool, but its a lie now

That's awesome!

Awesome great to find a hobby or passion to share with a parent!

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses:聽https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards work:聽https://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I read this as my son has a discord

but I am happy to hear your son is going into something you both might enjoy as a hobby.

good luck out there and stay safe.

Everyone,Creator -聽鍒濋煶銉熴偗 Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo聽 500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5聽2400 - lenovo聽CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD -聽dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD聽

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang聽聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽聽

My son (9yrs old) loves when I fill the dewar. Not really to watch me benchmark, but to play with the nitrogen when I'm done.聽

Loves to help build the rigs too, which is great!

This is a really good hobby for youth to get involved in.聽

Hope you guys visit the forums often. Loaded with lots of good stuff here.