Will my motherboard be outdated when my PC is built?

So I have a Aorus X570 elite and I got it before B550 came out I wonder if I finish my PC maybe later this year will the motherboard be "outdated"?

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

Yes, X570S is coming.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 EVO, 1x T30

Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14

Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3060/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770

Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB, Many CFM's

technology always gets outdated. look at apple or any other company, as soon as a new product comes out they bash the last year model making it look bad. I would say that if the motherboard fits your needs you should be good to go, just make sure that it has all the features you want (I learned that the hard way)

Just now, Albert F said:

technology always gets outdated. look at apple or any other company, as soon as a new product comes out they bash the last year model making it look bad. I would say that if the motherboard fits your needs you should be good to go, just make sure that it has all the features you want (I learned that the hard way)

Well the motherboard has what I need but I don't know if like it was a waste buying it

Reminder⚠️

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

What do you mean by “outdated”?

Well, in terms of what’s coming, there is a new socket coming (AM5) so further upgradability isn’t really possible unless you are going with a Zen 2 chip and you plan to get Zen 3 later on.

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

Just now, Downkey said:

What do you mean by “outdated”?

Well, in terms of what’s coming, there is a new socket coming (AM5) so further upgradability isn’t really possible unless you are going with a Zen 2 chip and you plan to get Zen 3 later on.

Well I plan on going with a 5600xt right now

Reminder⚠️

No, if your current board does what you need it to do and is good enough for you, it's still fine, and the Elite can handle the 5600X without any issues. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

innovation consistently gets obsolete. take a gander at apple or some other organization, when another item comes out they slam the most recent year model making it look awful. I would say that if the motherboard meets your requirements you ought to be all set, simply ensure that it has every one of the highlights you need (I discovered that the most difficult way possible)

1 minute ago, Kanna said:

Well the motherboard has what I need but I don't know if like it was a waste buying it

if you still haven't bought it them I would say that you should wait and see if the new models are a better value and if not the older ones might drop down in price making them a better bang for the buck

Just now, Albert F said:

if you still haven't bought it them I would say that you should wait and see if the new models are a better value and if not the older ones might drop down in price making them a better bang for the buck

The thing is I have bought it

Reminder⚠️

2 minutes ago, Kanna said:

The thing is I have bought it

then why are you looking for a new board if you are happy with the one you have?

Just now, Albert F said:

then why are you looking for a new board if you are happy with the one you have?

Well the PC building is taking longer than I excepted since all the shortage and price bumps

Reminder⚠️

26 minutes ago, Kanna said:

So I have a Aorus X570 elite and I got it before B550 came out I wonder if I finish my PC maybe later this year will the motherboard be "outdated"?

I mean AM4 is pretty much dead at this point. The next AMD CPU's will be using a new socket. So technically speaking anything that uses AM4 is "Out of date". That all being said, you can probably get quite a few years out of that setup with little to no issue. 

But yeah, right now not really the time to build. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

10 minutes ago, Kanna said:

Well the PC building is taking longer than I excepted since all the shortage and price bumps

let me try to understand. You are currently building a pc and you don't know if you should return the mobo you bought and wait to get something better? Did I get it?

47 minutes ago, Kanna said:

You could also try to give us ALL the info instead of giving us a little sentence here and there 🙂

If you bought the motherboard already, but you're not buying the CPU til later this year... are you having cash flow issues?  Caught a great sale?  Just THAT indecisive?

I mean, it's normally best to buy components together so you get the best compatibility at a given time.  The 6xxx series from AMD may be out before you buy a CPU, or what if Intel comes out with some value monster that fits your budget best?

"Do what makes the experience better" - in regards to PCs and Life itself.

Onyx AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d / MSI 6900xt Gaming X Trio / Gigabyte B650 AORUS Pro AX / G. Skill Flare X5 6000CL36 32GB / Samsung 980 1TB x3 / Super Flower Leadex V Platinum Pro 850 / EK-AIO 360 Basic / Fractal Design North XL (black mesh) / AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz / Mackie CR5BT / Corsair Virtuoso SE / Cherry MX Board 3.0 / Logitech G502

7800X3D - PBO -30 all cores, 4.90GHz all core, 5.05GHz single core, 18286 C23 multi, 1779 C23 single

Emma : i9 9900K @5.1Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200CL16 - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB (RAID0) - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm - Fractal Design Define R6 - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi

Raven: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x3d - ASRock B550M Pro4 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 3200Mhz - XFX Radeon RX6650XT - Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB - TP-Link AC600 USB Wifi - Gigabyte GP-P450B PSU -  Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L -  Samsung 27" 1080p

Plex : AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - Gigabyte B550M AORUS Elite AX - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2400Mhz - MSI 1050Ti 4GB - Crucial P3 Plus 500GB + WD Red NAS 4TBx2 - TP-Link AC1200 PCIe Wifi - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - ASUS Prime AP201 - Spectre 24" 1080p

Steam Deck 512GB OLED

OnePlus: 

OnePlus 11 5G - 16GB RAM, 256GB NAND, Eternal Green

OnePlus Buds Pro 2 - Eternal Green

Other Tech:

- 2021 Volvo S60 Recharge T8 Polestar Engineered - 415hp/495tq 2.0L 4cyl. turbocharged, supercharged and electrified.

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400MHz, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

MSI GF62 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400 MHz, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

- Ubiquiti Amplifi HD mesh wifi

38 minutes ago, Albert F said:

let me try to understand. You are currently building a pc and you don't know if you should return the mobo you bought and wait to get something better? Did I get it?

I'm in progress of building a PC and I have bought motherboard and RAM but I'm unsure if I should return my motherboard

36 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

then keep it, it's perfectly good for a 5600x.

Yeah it was even overkill for my original CPU I had in mind the 3600

2 minutes ago, Dedayog said:

You could also try to give us ALL the info instead of giving us a little sentence here and there 🙂

If you bought the motherboard already, but you're not buying the CPU til later this year... are you having cash flow issues?  Caught a great sale?  Just THAT indecisive?

I mean, it's normally best to buy components together so you get the best compatibility at a given time.  The 6xxx series from AMD may be out before you buy a CPU, or what if Intel comes out with some value monster that fits your budget best?

I bought the motherboard already and the CPU I'm planning to buy later this year / when shortage gets better, the motherboard I bought on sale for 2000kr and I'm having a little short on cash that's why I'm not buying CPU right now. Well if the later happens well rip then I guess as long as the PC does what I need I just want something that works for a few years and I don't need much in reality since I don't do really heavy games on my PC

Reminder⚠️

7 minutes ago, Kanna said:

I just want something that works for a few years and I don't need much in reality since I don't do really heavy games on my PC

why don't you go with the 3600 then?

the 5600x is 50% more expensive for 10% performance increase in most cases.

Just now, boggy77 said:

why don't you go with the 3600 then?

the 5600x is 50% more expensive for 10% performance increase in most cases.

You know what that might actually be a good idea, will it be any problem if I get a 3060 or 3060ti in the future

Reminder⚠️

Just now, Kanna said:

You know what that might actually be a good idea, will it be any problem if I get a 3060 or 3060ti in the future

unless you're interested in having hundreds of fps in esports games, then no, there won't be a problem.

1 hour ago, Kanna said:

sorta... but there won't be any issues for years to come. I still use my LGA 2011 motherboard from 2012, I think you'll be just fine.

7 minutes ago, wat3rmelon_man2 said:

sorta... but there won't be any issues for years to come. I still use my LGA 2011 motherboard from 2012, I think you'll be just fine.

I think I'm fine then since this is good stuff for like now gen kinda

Reminder⚠️